Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Favorite Colts Selection In The 2013 Draft.

Dark Superman

Check out the new avatar ladies and gentlemen..

It's our 7th round draft selection Kerwynn Williams, Running Back Utah State Univeristy.

This selection was a steal.

The first thing I noticed about Williams was his speed. I know he played lower competition but still.. This kid has got a burst, and I have yet to see anyone track him down once he hits the open field.

Great catching ability. He's great at creating nightmare matchups for linebackers, and his yards after catch ratio looked ridiculous on film. He's like Darren Sproles, and his ability to run between the tackles I also found quite impressive.

In the seventh round (230th overall), the Colts selected running back Kerwynn Williams out of Utah State University. For his career, Williams finished seventh in school history with 2,515 rushing yards while ranking fifth in yards per carry (6.6) and seventh in rushing touchdowns (22). He also caught 64 passes for 870 yards (13.6 avg.) and five touchdowns, totaled 135 punt return yards on 11 attempts (12.3 avg.) and returned 135 kickoffs for 3,408 yards, the fourth-most by an NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision player.

“Chuck and I both loved his tape,” said Grigson. “He’s another guy that’s fast, extremely quick and elusive. He brings a wrinkle to this team that could really help us and that’s as a returner. Our special teams coaches had him rated as one of the best returners in this draft and that got our attention. We studied him and we had scouts going to Utah State and were at his work out. He’s a great kid. He’s exciting to watch as a runner and as a returner. He’s got a lot going for him. We were a little bit surprised he was there. We’re happy to get him because he fills a tremendous need and he’s also got some real value on third down.”

Fills a need, can return for us and can produce on third downs.. I'm sold.

I know Donald Brown hasn't lived up to first round expectations but I still haven't given up on him.

Our line and young quarterback should develop this year and if Brown can manage to stay healthy, he should get his snaps.

Williams can come in on third downs and create nightmares catching the ball out of the flat.

We still have Brown,Ballard,Carter and now Williams heading into TC. Not a bad problem to have..

@SupermanLuck12

Donald Brown was really starting to get it going earlier this year but got injured and now everyone assumes he is a wasted first round pick. If the Colts build a solid offensive line, Ballard, Williams, and Brown can make this team a good rushing offense.

My fav is actually Boyett. He is a mix between Bethea and sanders imo. Look forward to seeing him on the field.

I worry about injuries with him, he plays reckless with his body to much and has had surgeries on both knees, I like him but I dont see this ending well

Check out the new avatar ladies and gentlemen..

It's our 7th round draft selection Kerwynn Williams, Running Back Utah State Univeristy.

This selection was a steal.

The first thing I noticed about Williams was his speed. I know he played lower competition but still.. This kid has got a burst, and I have yet to see anyone track him down once he hits the open field.

Great catching ability. He's great at creating nightmare matchups for linebackers, and his yards after catch ratio looked ridiculous on film. He's like Darren Sproles, and his ability to run between the tackles I also found quite impressive.

In the seventh round (230th overall), the Colts selected running back Kerwynn Williams out of Utah State University. For his career, Williams finished seventh in school history with 2,515 rushing yards while ranking fifth in yards per carry (6.6) and seventh in rushing touchdowns (22). He also caught 64 passes for 870 yards (13.6 avg.) and five touchdowns, totaled 135 punt return yards on 11 attempts (12.3 avg.) and returned 135 kickoffs for 3,408 yards, the fourth-most by an NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision player.

“Chuck and I both loved his tape,” said Grigson. “He’s another guy that’s fast, extremely quick and elusive. He brings a wrinkle to this team that could really help us and that’s as a returner. Our special teams coaches had him rated as one of the best returners in this draft and that got our attention. We studied him and we had scouts going to Utah State and were at his work out. He’s a great kid. He’s exciting to watch as a runner and as a returner. He’s got a lot going for him. We were a little bit surprised he was there. We’re happy to get him because he fills a tremendous need and he’s also got some real value on third down.”

Fills a need, can return for us and can produce on third downs.. I'm sold.

Agreed...saw his Potato bowl game against Tulsa and he made an impression on me then.  So much so I jotted his name down to check to see where he ended up around draft time.  Couldn't believe that we got him in the 7th!  Easily my favorite pick of this draft.  I'm definitely on board this wagon. 

I like the Werner pick the most. I watched a lot of FSU games this year for some reason and he just jumped off the screen. He seems like a really good dude as well. As someone with deep German roots, i like that as well. Plus he sounds like Arnold, how could anyone not like that?

Also intrigued by the Montori Hughes pick, Grigson and Pagano seem to think he is a freak athlete for his size.

Boyett is just a gamer plain and simple.

Werner is my favorite. He has the best chance to start immediately for the team. And he will have a big impact and I predict will get more sacks than any other player on the team.

All the rest of draft pick has a less likely chance to start early on. Thornton and Hughes have a better chance to start because of uncertainty at their positions.

Everyone else has probably doesn't have a lot of chance to start this year unless injuries plague us (which is likely).

If hes such a steal then why did he last until the 7th round?

Two reasons.    (well, there are more, but these are the two biggest)

First.....   the draft was loaded with defensive players.   Tons and tons of defensive players.    Teams are desperate for more defense and so that pushed a large amount of players down a full round or two...    this was predicted by many....

Second....   he's 5'8" and 195.   Many teams simply won't spend a mid-pick on someone that small.   His numbers are great, but let's not forget he didn't face top competition.    So,  they're somewhat inflated. 

The combination of this, plus other factors, pushed him down.   I've got 3 evaluations on him,  all had him with grades in the 4th to 5th round...

Hope that clarifies....

I worry about injuries with him, he plays reckless with his body to much and has had surgeries on both knees, I like him but I dont see this ending well

He had that one injury, and played through it through his junior year. You have to protect this guy from himself because he will play hurt. They were partial tears that he could've kept playing through his junior year and the 1 game his senior year. but he opted for surgery so he could be 100% for the NFL by the time training camp opens. Everybody has had one injury playing football so I don't see how this injury is a knock on him

My favorite pick is Bjoern. The more I watch of him, the more I love this pick. It's unbelievable he got to us at #24, but I couldn't be happier. I'm sure the Colts have a lot more fans across the ocean now. He really wants to be great and that's what sticks out the most. He may not be the fastest 40 runner but look at the tape, he doesn't play like a 4.8. He is still learning the game and Pagano/Mathis will be great teachers. 

I like Sproles Jr too though.

My favorite pick is Bjoern. The more I watch of him, the more I love this pick. It's unbelievable he got to us at #24, but I couldn't be happier. I'm sure the Colts have a lot more fans across the ocean now. He really wants to be great and that's what sticks out the most. He may not be the fastest 40 runner but look at the tape, he doesn't play like a 4.8. He is still learning the game and Pagano/Mathis will be great teachers. 

I like Sproles Jr too though.

As a DE, who cares what your 40 time is? When are they ever gonna ask you to go on a 40 yard sprint? Game speed and 40 speed are two different things, all that matters is how quickly you explode off the ball, and the tape shows this kid is always the first one off the ball

I love the Bjoern Werner, Kerwynn Willams, and John Boyett picks, I like the Hugh Thornton pick on paper, just haven't watched the tape yet, but I feel like Boyett can replace Bethea if he walks, Williams can be a deadly returner, and can come in on 3rd down due to his hands, and Werner can just flat out get to the passer

As a DE, who cares what your 40 time is? When are they ever gonna ask you to go on a 40 yard sprint? Game speed and 40 speed are two different things, all that matters is how quickly you explode off the ball, and the tape shows this kid is always the first one off the ball

Agreed, game speed is everything. He jumps off the tape. I remember looking up Tank Carradine and seeing Bjoern dominating. Not that mock drafts matter at all, people didn't expect him to last this late. Teams will regret it.

Doesn't hurt he has a great personality and will be a fan favorite.