Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

P. Wilson Thinks Curtis Painter To Start Mnf!

LaughingAtIrsay

#Colts fans, it's time for Curtis Painter to make his first NFL start. I do hope he can do something.

http://twitter.com/#!/pwilson24

This is just a sports writer giving his opinion. You shouldn't post misleading thread titles, we don't like that here.

BTW....I wish Al Quada would blow up Twitter headquarters. So sick of these foolish "tweet" posts.

This is just a sports writer giving his opinion. You shouldn't post misleading thread titles, we don't like that here.

BTW....I wish Al Quada would blow up Twitter headquarters. So sick of these foolish "tweet" posts.

Although I can't guarantee it, I honestly see no other reason to bring Orlovsky back if Collins was going to play. Makes no sense.

Although I can't guarantee it, I honestly see no other reason to bring Orlovsky back if Collins was going to play. Makes no sense.

Exactly, Collins is definitely out Monday, and quite possibly done for the year. His play has been ugly, and one would have to think that Painter knows the system better. Painter will start against the Bucs, or there would be no reason to bring in another guy like Orlovsky.

I'm not posting misleading thread titles.. I just posted what the writer said! Maybe you can @Twitter your BTW & let them deal with that. You mad at the wrong person.. Lol

I'm not posting misleading thread titles.. I just posted what the writer said! Maybe you can @Twitter your BTW & let them deal with that. You mad at the wrong person.. Lol

The point is that it would have been better to name your thread "Phil Wilson thinks Curtis Painter to Start Mnf".

I also saw your header and assumed that I had missed an official announcement. I'm always happy to voice my hatred of Twitter, but they didn't name the thread.

I'm not mad. I just think your thread title was misleading. We're currently waiting on pins 'n' needles to hear official word.

Title = Misleading. There's no other way to put it. Cause you think others are mad at you for pointing it out is silly.

Cannot wait for monday, i expect the offense to look a bit different come monday.

I agree! When he came in Sunday night the crowd gave him a nice applause & I'm not a Painter fan at all but when he came in the offense looked way different (in a good way) & more comfortable then it did while Collins was in. He came in and made more adjustments at the line then Collins made in the first 2 games. His teammates wanted him from the start (I know that for sure) so lets hope he gets his chance Monday night & help us get our 1st win!

Collins is a 38 year old man who just suffered concussion #WHOKNOWS; I think he's going to be down for a while.

It has less to do with his underwhelming play, and more to do with risk.

Also, this situation should make people rethink their knee-jerk desire to sign every Free Agent that hits the market. If this feels like $4 million down the drain...

I'm sure Curtis will start. I just hope the defense can perform like they did Sunday. If they do, we will have a game on our hands!

I dont, I hope they perform better. As good as they were at times they need to be much more consistent. They have to get off the field more often on 3rd down and stop allowing teams to convert so many 3rd and longs. Our D still has room for improvement.

Maybe Painter can step up things on offense a little so the D doesn't have to continue carrying the weight of the world on its shoulders.

QB #1 is out with a neck injury

QB #2 is out with a concussion

QB #3 starts next game

QB #4 signed in case QB #3 gets injured too

Wow! P. Wilson, you "think"? You're really out there on a limb with that tweet. Maybe you can get the word out on the Bob & Tom show. Ask for the Mr. Obvious segment.

Pat McAfee is their guest today (and will have Pat Angerer and Curtis Painter on the phone as well), and he was talking about the QB situation earlier. He wouldn't come out and say it, but he certainly made it seem like Painter was going to get the majority of the snaps in practice this week, and get the start on Monday night. He said:

I'm excited to see what Curtis can do with a full week of practice, which he's never had before. I'm excited to see him out there.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/9/27/2453555/pat-mcafee-is-great-on-the-radio-talks-colts-quarterbacks

just imagine the dilemma when peyton is healthy, but curtis is lighting it up every week :)

Do you think if Curtis is clearly handling the offense professionally, Peyton will wait until next year to make his comeback? We all want to see Peyton back, but if Curtis has been playing outstanding and there are only 2 - 4 games remaining, I see peyton letting him finish the season. No sense in coming out and risking re-injuring himself for a couple games. Obviously that is neither here nor there, and we have a long way to go before that point, but its just something to think about.

QB #3 starts next game

Wow! P. Wilson, you "think"? You're really out there on a limb with that tweet. Maybe you can get the word out on the Bob & Tom show. Ask for the Mr. Obvious segment.

lol

QB #3 starts next game

I think Wilson was probably just answering someone's question and covering himself incase Collins has some magical recoveray and starts because someone would have tweeted him after words and go "hey you said Painter was going to start and he didn't you don't know what you are talking about."

Can hardly believe I'm gonna say this but I'm looking forward to Painter getting a start on MNF. He showed a flash or two indicating his timing might be fairly decent to go with that arm strength.....if the guy can get some playing time. So run him out there on the big stage and give him a shot.

All I want to see him do is through the ball decisively. If we're going to put some double moves on or something, we better go max protect to give him time. Other than that, I'd like to see the Indy routes: quick slants, level ins, crossing patterns, a bubble screen or two, dig routes, corners, maybe hit someone up the seam if the opportunity presents itself. These are the passes that Kerry Collins either wouldn't throw or would miss badly on. I don't get it, because many of them are high percentage throws that he just wouldn't pull the trigger on. I just want to see Painter be decisive and get rid of the football. That would be a significant improvement.

All I want to see him do is through the ball decisively. If we're going to put some double moves on or something, we better go max protect to give him time. Other than that, I'd like to see the Indy routes: quick slants, level ins, crossing patterns, a bubble screen or two, dig routes, corners, maybe hit someone up the seam if the opportunity presents itself. These are the passes that Kerry Collins either wouldn't throw or would miss badly on. I don't get it, because many of them are high percentage throws that he just wouldn't pull the trigger on. I just want to see Painter be decisive and get rid of the football. That would be a significant improvement.

Exactly.

He knows the system. Just go for it dude, now is the time.