Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why in the Wide World of Sports would Dee Milliner be Visiting Indy?

Smonroe

Just doing there do dilligence on the extremely off chance he is there for us Im sure, its the draft strange things happen, leave no stone uncovered

There's no way he falls to 24 unless he confesses to kidnapping the Lindbergh baby. Even then, he may fall to 10.

It would take a trade. So that suggests the Colts are willing to think about moving up.

I'm going strictly from memory, but it seems like the team brought in players who had no chance of making it to the Colt's draft position many times in the past. If memory serves, I think Stafford, Bradford and Sanchez all made visits in their day.

Perhaps this is done to get to know your opponent as much as anything else?

I'm going strictly from memory, but it seems like the team brought in players who had no chance of making it to the Colt's draft position many times in the past. If memory serves, I think Stafford, Bradford and Sanchez all made visits in their day.

Perhaps this is done to get to know your opponent as much as anything else?

Could be. I know that GMs have talked about guys they really liked during the draft and didn't get. Then when their contract came up they went after them as a FA because they loved the kids attitude during their interview as well as their play.

Certainly doesn't hurt to build a relationship now, even if he's not available.

Just doing there do dilligence on the extremely off chance he is there for us Im sure, its the draft strange things happen, leave no stone uncovered

I guarantee you they are not visiting with him here on the chance he is still on the board at 24. Less than zero chance of that happening.

Well, Luck had visits with other teams last year even though everyone on the planet knew the Colts were taking him.  No reason not to bring him in because stranger things have happened and this is their one chance to get an up close and personal look at him.  Like others have said...due diligence. :)

Just to see how his skills compare to a CB that is in our zipcode/neighborhood of pick #24. The other possibility is that if his skills are that much better than a CB we might think of drafting at #24, if he drops to 10 or 12, a trade up might be worth it in their minds (though I think it is the first reason).

If Trufant tests out just as good, they will feel good about picking him at #24.

To me I see holes in both of Rhodes and Milliners game

Milliner

1.Footwork is suspect

2.Dives at feet to make to many tackles (A serious pet peeve of mine do to our previous regime)

Rhodes

1.Dives at feet to make some tackles 

2.Tight hipped when flipping his hips

3.Physical beyond 5 yards of scrimmage

Colts doing their homework nothing too exciting.  This is the time of year to take a look at anyone you might be interested in the draft.  You never know how it will shake out and even if you think a guy will be gone before your pick if you like him you take a look at him to see if you become interested in maybe going up to get him or if he slides at all.  I wouldn't read much into it other than it's just Grigson crossing all his T's and dotting all his I's.

Because he plays a position of need. We want to see his measurables. Just because we may not draft him doesn't mean we may not pick him up in 4 years in FA. Also he plays for Alabama a team rich in talent and we may want to get information about one or two players we may be targeting. Who knows...he won't fall past the top 10 but if he does...perhaps Grigs would think about making a trade for him....there are many many variables but there is no harm in talking.