Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Colt FB Stanley Havili

ÅÐØNϧ 1

I like the new addition 6.0  250  FB  with good hands  . In a story from Phil B  you see a first reaction opinion to a Colts trade / signing  that is very similar to what has transpired here on the boards . His  first impression was the guys a blocking FB with stats that prove he's not worthy . Like so many talking heads on here claiming bust or we over paid Stats Stats stats etc etc . Its nice to see & read that after further review Phil B can admit that he was wrong , Thanks to his ability to man up , maybe others will learn a lesson .  First impressions can be wrong .

http://blogs.indystar.com/philb/2013/03/29/colts-trade-worth-another-word/

Keeps us from using olinemen, dlinemen and Allen as make shift fb's! Now we have one, a good one at that. Even coming out was said he was a wco fb. Little undersized back then but has had a chance to put on size, strength and improve his skills. Was playing at a pro bowl level. :dancing:

I like the new addition 6.0  250  FB  with good hands  . In a story from Phil B  you see a first reaction opinion to a Colts trade / signing  that is very similar to what has transpired here on the boards . His  first impression was the guys a blocking FB with stats that prove he's not worthy . Like so many talking heads on here claiming bust or we over paid Stats Stats stats etc etc . Its nice to see & read that after further review Phil B can admit that he was wrong , Thanks to his ability to man up , maybe others will learn a lesson .  First impressions can be wrong .

http://blogs.indystar.com/philb/2013/03/29/colts-trade-worth-another-word/

when i got this update on my phone, i was excited. we finally got a FB who will be able to pave the way for ballard and brown in the run game, not to mention he can also help in 3rd down passing plays coming out of the backfield. dont get me wrong i liked allan back there once in awhile last year but now this saves us from having to pull either 1) another blocker from the line in protecting Luck on 3rd down plays, and 2) gives us another big body target for Luck on 3rd and short plays. was a good trade. 

2009 highlights of #31 USC FB S. Havili

:banana:

This guy can flat out run & run people over with some impressive hands he really looks impressive .

okay, the guy is athletic!  love it.  he seems to have the same running style as arian foster, that very upright, shifty style.  I know a lot of running backs are like that, but I don't know just reminds me of him watching the video. with him coming on board, what do you think we do with Wesley Saunders?   sitting back here envisioning havili, ballard, both TE and both WRs go out on routes.  man, who do you cover?

OMG I love this dude, USC Trojans for life.

If you think all this guy can do is Block, you are sadly mistaken. This guy gave major headaches to defenses in College. I was hoping we drafted him when he was first eligible.

He had shoulder surgery after his senior year and did not work out at the combine. That dropped his stock some.