Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Laroning?

NewEra

Surely there is no need for HGH testing in the nfl.

You don't need hgh or any other test booster. Believe it or not you can get huge naturally, protein shakes, creatine, aminos, fish oil and vitamins help a ton. But don't need steroids or any of that crap. Just takes longer. But you will be way stronger and healthier natural. And I have no fricken clue what this deer antler spray crap is. Very easy to get that big, especially when you're getting paid to lift, work out and play football.

You don't need hgh or any other test booster. Believe it or not you can get huge naturally, protein shakes, creatine, aminos, fish oil and vitamins help a ton. But don't need steroids or any of that crap. Just takes longer. But you will be way stronger and healthier natural. And I have no fricken clue what this deer antler spray crap is. Very easy to get that big, especially when you're getting paid to lift, work out and play football.

Of course you can get big...and genetics play a part in that....but I think people are turning a blind eye to a lot of it. I'm not saying that Laron isn't purely legit..but steroids have and are still in the nfl...and hgh is a step ahead. I mean Merriman and Cushing got busted for the roids...you don't think others are doing them...or something harder to detect? If thats the case then I hate to think what you believe about Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens. Deer antler spray is because the fastest growing organism in the world is a deers antlers before they go in rut. The deer produces huge amounts of testosterone that causes this growth. That testosterone also is believed could be transfered into humans through the spray (sublingual) and work just like male testosterone in feeding muscle growth. Look I don't know what Laron does...I suspect his size has been a real issue in his injuries as well. David Boston another well noted steroid user got unnaturally big and it caused injuries for him too....too much muscle and his ligements couldn't hold up. Just saying...I'm not a big Laron fan....not at all. I'm sure I will get hated on for that but just like some don't like Cassius Vaughn or Sampson Satele I don't care for Laron.

completely agree. i got my body through good old fashion weight lifting. course im not as big as landry

Of course you can get big...and genetics play a part in that....but I think people are turning a blind eye to a lot of it. I'm not saying that Laron isn't purely legit..but steroids have and are still in the nfl...and hgh is a step ahead. I mean Merriman and Cushing got busted for the roids...you don't think others are doing them...or something harder to detect? If thats the case then I hate to think what you believe about Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens. Deer antler spray is because the fastest growing organism in the world is a deers antlers before they go in rut. The deer produces huge amounts of testosterone that causes this growth. That testosterone also is believed could be transfered into humans through the spray (sublingual) and work just like male testosterone in feeding muscle growth. Look I don't know what Laron does...I suspect his size has been a real issue in his injuries as well. David Boston another well noted steroid user got unnaturally big and it caused injuries for him too....too much muscle and his ligements couldn't hold up. Just saying...I'm not a big Laron fan....not at all. I'm sure I will get hated on for that but just like some don't like Cassius Vaughn or Sampson Satele I don't care for Laron.

Not arguing what they do and why peoe use them. They use them for faster results. It's all about immediate gratification for this day and age. Don't like putting in the well earned work. While they can help with injuries they can cause them also. Most steroids just help in the healing process. But the ligiments and tendons don't get a chance to strengthen along with the muscle. Then can cause injuries. Also, there's so much more to it then strength. Still need the flexibility and explosiveness. I hope for his career sake he's not trying to best the system. All I am saying is I have been lifting off and on for 17 years. Have been really big, and was really really strong. All natural also. I worked out with guys who could squat 900 pounds, and guys who dead lifted 18 plates. Monsters, and all of them were all natural. I just think its offensive to always label guys as dopers just cause they have size.

I have nothing against laron, but i agree with what your saying. i think Laron is a injury risk, and thought maybe pollard would have been a better option. but if Laron can stay healthy through out his contract then great, im glad we got him. but still think he is to big of a risk. hoping im wrong though. 

Not arguing what they do and why peoe use them. They use them for faster results. It's all about immediate gratification for this day and age. Don't like putting in the well earned work. While they can help with injuries they can cause them also. Most steroids just help in the healing process. But the ligiments and tendons don't get a chance to strengthen along with the muscle. Then can cause injuries. Also, there's so much more to it then strength. Still need the flexibility and explosiveness. I hope for his career sake he's not trying to best the system. All I am saying is I have been lifting off and on for 17 years. Have been really big, and was really really strong. All natural also. I worked out with guys who could squat 900 pounds, and guys who dead lifted 18 plates. Monsters, and all of them were all natural. I just think its offensive to always label guys as dopers just cause they have size.

And I didn't. I believe the nfl has as big if not bigger issue with HGH and steriods as MLB....and we saw how big baseball's issue is/was. I don't know or really care what Laron does to get big...I just don't think it helps his game. I'm not a fan of players trying to blow up others or going for the big hit...it leads to injuries...and sometimes theirs. Trust me I've played football, worked out, played basketball I've spent tons of time in a weight room and I know what your saying and I agree with you....I just think the NFL would be better off with better testing in place. With it...it would protect players from themselves and from each other. You want to decrease concussions...test rigorously. Smaller/slower players with the improvements we are making to the helmets etc will take care of our issues. I apologize if anyone was offended by my comment. I would never say all big guys are on steroids or HGH...but the NFL..no doubt in my mind has the same issues as MLB.

Edit...and one of the reasons I say that is because a CURRENT GM off the record when asked about HGH said he agreed it was prevelent in the NFL. Said he had very good reason to believe over 60% of his OWN players are using it. Thats a pretty damning remark. Like you said....no sport needs quick recovery, quick results for strength etc more than the NFL where you have to stay at the top or your done...your career and season may be over. I would love to see them test and get it out of the sport.

The only injury Landry has really had is his achilles

Colts have a guy who as long as he can stay healthy has potential "defensive player of the year stature."

He made the prowl bowl last year after a sensational year. The guy is a first round draft pick and a collegiate champion. Also a pro bowl alt his first year.

The year he injured himself he was off to a pro bowl, D player of the year season. Shannahan was quoted saying, “Last year in the first nine games that he played, he should have been player of the year. I think he would have been defensive player of the year, but he hasn’t been able to stay healthy.”

He will be coached well and can improve in coverage. If healthy Colts have one of the best defensive players in the league. Like many though, I am concerned with injuries as well. Him paired up with Vontae and Bethea could be one of the most nasty secondaries in the league. If Toler plays like they want him to play and everything pans out Colts can have a top secondary IMO.

No one can debate that we will have one of if not the most physical secondaries in all of football. Whether that leads to more turnovers or better coverage well we will see but no one will be able to come on here and say they are sick of our small over-matched defense. Both the DL and DBs got a lot bigger this offseason.

I know safeties cover, but isn't a SS purpose is to help stop the run or stuffing the short/mid slant/post routes? Most of those passes are guaranteed catches, it's mitigating the YAC where he can help.

Depends on the system being run. I'm sure he'll spend the majority of his time on our D playing in or near the box. I'm not to worried about his coverage skills, but they were below average in his time in Washington.

I agree completely! I've been lifting on and off since my high school power lifting days (late 90's) and with todays LEGAL supplements it's possible for a person to gain quite a bit in a matter of a couple months. Just because a guy is ripped doesn't mean he's doing anything illegal. I would get hulk like during some of my cycles and by cycles I mean using legal supplements for 6-8 weeks. Protein, BCAA's, Creatine and Nitric Oxide are a lifters best friend.

I know safeties cover, but isn't a SS purpose is to help stop the run or stuffing the short/mid slant/post routes? Most of those passes are guaranteed catches, it's mitigating the YAC where he can help.

More or less this.  Granted, he'll still have coverage responsibility from time to time, but more often he'll be the hard hitting run safety.  Bethea is the cover safety.

If you look at the Ravens from years past, Bethea is our Ed Reed, Landry is our Pollard.  I'd say Bethea is close to Reed's level of talent, and, when healthy, Landry is a superior safety to Pollard.

More or less this.  Granted, he'll still have coverage responsibility from time to time, but more often he'll be the hard hitting run safety.  Bethea is the cover safety.

If you look at the Ravens from years past, Bethea is our Ed Reed, Landry is our Pollard.  I'd say Bethea is close to Reed's level of talent, and, when healthy, Landry is a superior safety to Pollard.

Reed: 1st ballot HOF

Bethea: not even on the ballot

Pump the brakes.

Reed is a very established FS and is one of the best in the game.

Bethea still has time to get there, but is nowhere near where Reed is, career wise.

I agree that Landry is better than Pollard.

Well let's not get crazy now.

Definately....wow. for someone with no ints last year and forced no fumbles that is crazy that people think he is even in the same ball park. Even if people feel Reed is not what he used to be he still had 4 ints and a couple forced fumbles. he is a threat to take it to the house on any given play. Bethea is no where close to the coverage guy that Reed is....now or ever. Bethea isn't exactly young either. He will be 30 after this season so I think this is as good as he will get.

Pollard>Landry imo as well. Just because Landry is now a Colt doesn't mean I somehow feel differently about him. I want him to succeed but I have to be objective.

I have nothing against laron, but i agree with what your saying. i think Laron is a injury risk, and thought maybe pollard would have been a better option. but if Laron can stay healthy through out his contract then great, im glad we got him. but still think he is to big of a risk. hoping im wrong though. 

Would you of signed Bob Sanders? His hits put him on injury list.Having Laron is like having Freeney and Mathis is their 4-3 good ole days.They make teams adjust their play and when you do that they become unsettled unsure.And if your a WR would you want to be hit by Laron regularly in a game?VBrings doubt and he can jump the ball and FF.He also brings great run support.Best signing in my opinion.

Yeah, you can get pretty jacked without doing roids or HGH.  Those things just make it easier.

As a basic rule of thumb, just be wary of any guy who's really jacked but also seems to have a crappy work ethic.  Landry doesn't fit the second of those criteria, so give him the benefit of the doubt.

... Pollard>Landry imo as well. Just because Landry is now a Colt doesn't mean I somehow feel differently about him. I want him to succeed but I have to be objective.

I think Pollard and Landry are very comparable in their style of play.   Both are violent hitters.  They're T2 versions of Bobzilla, only bigger and stronger.   I don't see much difference them on the field.  Even their stats from 2012 are nearly identical, with the only significant difference being Pollard's 2 sacks vs. Landry's 4 forced fumbles.

However, there is one glaring difference between them off the field.  From what I've read, the Ravens released Pollard because he was a locker room cancer.  I've not seen or heard any such negative comments about Landry, so I'm glad the Colts went after the Hulk and not the Sulk.

I think Pollard and Landry are very comparable in their style of play.   Both are violent hitters.  They're T2 versions of Bobzilla, only bigger and stronger.   I don't see much difference them on the field.  Even their stats from 2012 are nearly identical, with the only significant difference being Pollard's 2 sacks vs. Landry's 4 forced fumbles.

However, there is one glaring difference between them off the field.  From what I've read, the Ravens released Pollard because he was a locker room cancer.  I've not seen or heard any such negative comments about Landry, so I'm glad the Colts went after the Hulk and not the Sulk.

Hadn't heard that about Pollard. Definately not what I would want on my team. Indeed they are both big hitters I just felt Pollard had better coverage skills. Good point