Compensation For Maclin

dw49

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He's the number 1 in Philly and almost had 1,000 yards with Vick/Foles.

But like I said, he is a very solid receiver. He is just not a take over the game receiver. Not overly explosive (though he shows flashes). Very solid possession receiver.

No more than a 4 this year and a 6 next year.

If Philly would rather a 6 this year and a 4 next year (because maybe they like next year's draft better)  then I'm OK with that too.

But not more than this....

the eagles would be stupid to accept that trade...i get it, he is no flashy like Dsean Jackson but he is 3 times more reliable...you can count on him 3rd down...and forget the stats, he has had no Qb stability...if he had Eli Manning heck even Romo he would had ridiculous stats iMO

Not in 2014 it isn't.

C'mon you're talking silly or you have no idea of how future draft picks are valued. It's pretty simple , you add a round for the next year. If you want to trade for a second in the 2013 draft , it normally will cost you a first if you want to deal picks in the following year's draft. Happens all the time. A team will give up a 4th in the 2013 draft for a 5th in the 2012 draft.

With his abilities, proven success and being relatively young, he is easily worth our first round pick and a fat paycheck now and in the coming years. Would love to get him. I am not counting out Larry due to the Arians connection and the Cardials rebuilding and the tweets on us spending like 10 mill this year, the last of our cap money.

C'mon you're talking silly or you have no idea of how future draft picks are valued. It's pretty simple , you add a round for the next year. If you want to trade for a second in the 2013 draft , it normally will cost you a first if you want to deal picks in the following year's draft. Happens all the time. A team will give up a 4th in the 2013 draft for a 5th in the 2012 draft.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt more giving up a '14 second than a '13 third.

With his abilities, proven success and being relatively young, he is easily worth our first round pick and a fat paycheck now and in the coming years. Would love to get him. I am not counting out Larry due to the Arians connection and the Cardials rebuilding and the tweets on us spending like 10 mill this year, the last of our cap money.

Easily worth a 1 and big contract?

smh.gif

Yeah, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt more giving up a '14 second than a '13 third.

I think if the trade is made , it won't be cheap. There is really no need for Philly to trade Maclin and if Grigson wants him , Philly has the leverage. But I hear you , I'm sick we dont have a 2nd a 5th this year. Besides all that , I'm probably wrong with Maclin anyway. I did bring up the list of the 30 top WR's in 2012 and this by far does make the most sense.

A single third round pick should be plenty for Maclin.

He's nothing special, but he has the potential to be. He's knocked on the 1000 yard door every year he's been in the league.

Could groom into the perfect #1 when Reggie is gone.

Like I said, a third is the most he's worth. The Colts will most likely not find a receiver in the third that will be as good as Maclin. 

Not likely to find a player in the1st or 2nd that one should EXPECT to be better than Maclin.
Same YPC as Reggie last season. More touchdowns. Guarantee you he is faster than Reggie.

No reason for Philly to trade for Maclin??? They just traded for Benn. Making him the 12th receiver on the roster.

He drops to many!  NO he doesn`t.

He fumbles to much. Reggie had ONE last year, so did Maclin.

He is too Small, Yes just like Reggie.

A nice proven veteran WR ready to contribute immediately.

He's nothing special. Drops a ton of passes, fumbles as well. But Philly has been lacking a line and a franchise QB. Maybe Maclin and Luck would be a nice combo?

He had 800 yards or more in 2 of his three years in the league and thats with Micheal Vick throwing him the ball, I would not sau he is special but he is pretty dang good once you consider who his throwing him those passes. Also only 3 fumble, 1 per year, nothing that bad, he is a home run threat to, I would not give up our 24th pick for him but I'd give up a mid round round pick next year, heck I'd even throw in a player to see if I could get a draft pick from them with Maclin 

Maclin would make sense.  I've been thinking, based on Irsay's tweets, that it is probably a WR on the last year of his contract with his current team, and very likely one that is on a team who has a new coaching staff and/or Front office.  One of Irsay's tweets said they'd gotten the money and cap situation sorted out which tells me they've worked with the WR and agreed on a contract extension, so what is holding up the deal is finalizing what the Colts will be giving up to obtain this WR.  

Haven't had time yet to look through the list of 2014 free agent WRs but am going to do that now to see if there are any others that stick out as a possibility, but Maclin cerainly makes sense.

Ok assuming this list is correct, the 2014 FA WR's are:

Andre Caldwell

Terrance Copper

Jerricho Cotchery

Richard Goodman

Devin Hester

Jacoby Jones

James Jones

Jeremy Maclin

Mario Manningham

Josh Morgan

Santana Moss

Louis Murphy

Hakeem Nicks

Kassim Osgood

The only ones I would personally think of as "big fish" would be Maclin, Manningham and Nicks.  Nicks would be great but I don't see any reason why the Giants would be interested in trading him, though the same could be said of Maclin.  Maclin is the only one that fits being on a team with a new coaching staff and being in the last year of his contract. 

The most telling tweet from Irsay was the one when he said something like working on getting a WR and others. The and others is the most important thing he has said and tells me that there is more than one moving part of this trade and is the only logical reasoning for taking so ridiculously long to work out. I may be off base, but something tells me IF this trade ever happens, that we'll be getting more than just one player back.

The most telling tweet from Irsay was the one when he said something like working on getting a WR and others. The and others is the most important thing he has said and tells me that there is more than one moving part of this trade and is the only logical reasoning for taking so ridiculously long to work out. I may be off base, but something tells me IF this trade ever happens, that we'll be getting more than just one player back.

I think the trade happens today or tomorrow.

why do we want another small receiver?

Reggie Wayne is 6'0 FT, 200lb. Thats not small at all. seriously. And as good as his routes are and as many underneath passes he takes, hes actually pretty big. Most route runners are smaller and lighter.

I hope it's not Maclin.....I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the last ex-Eagles receiver we had......

Super+Bowl+XLIV+MxLmJE9zXg7l.jpg

You had to bring that up.  That whole game, especially the 3 runs with like 1:30 left and a timeout or two before the half, makes me :( , :wall: , :nono2: , :hairout: , :argh: , :cuss: , :tvhammer: , :puke:, and :reaction:

I posted this in the "Irsay Tweet" thread as well, but seeing as this thread is all about Maclin it is more relevant here:

Players with 250 catches, 3500 yards & 25 TDs before their 25th birthday:

Hakeem Nicks, Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss, Isaac Bruce, Jeremy Maclin

The biggest knock on Maclin from Eagles fans is that he never gets any YAC, that he just goes down to avoid contact. If you look at the stats link that John Dee posted you can see he only averages about 4.0 YAC. Maybe that is a problem for Philly, but we all watched Marvin Harrison do this throughout his career so I don't think it would be a problem for us.

I am also convinced this is who we are targeting. There was some news at the end of last season that Philly might use him as a trade chip this offseason.....I'll try and find it.

The biggest knock on Maclin from Eagles fans is that he never gets any YAC, that he just goes down to avoid contact. If you look at the stats link that John Dee posted you can see he only averages about 4.0 YAC. Maybe that is a problem for Philly, but we all watched Marvin Harrison do this throughout his career so I don't think it would be a problem for us.

I am also convinced this is who we are targeting. There was some news at the end of last season that Philly might use him as a trade chip this offseason.....I'll try and find it.

I'd be just fine with a Marvin Harrison 2.0 :)