Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Compensation For Maclin

dw49

I seriously doubt that if we trade for him, it'd be for anything more than our 3rd. 

I dont want to go into the draft with a 1st round pick, a 4th round pick and a 6th and 7th, I'd keep that 3rd, good players can be had there including wr's:

Aaron Dobson

Stedman Bailey 

Da'Rick Rogers

Cobi Hamilton

All have 3rd round grades according to NFL.com

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want to go into the draft with a 1st round pick, a 4th round pick and a 6th and 7th, I'd keep that 3rd, good players can be had there including wr's:

Aaron Dobson

Stedman Bailey 

Da'Rick Rogers

Cobi Hamilton

I agree with this. I'd rather have more picks in this draft. I'm not interested in a mid level receiver in exchange for a pick. If you're going to get a game-changer, then that's a different story. But really, with all the value in this draft, and at key positions for our team, I'd rather add picks than give them away. I'm still holding out hope that we get a compensatory for Garcon, though I doubt it.

I agree with this. I'd rather have more picks in this draft. I'm not interested in a mid level receiver in exchange for a pick. If you're going to get a game-changer, then that's a different story. But really, with all the value in this draft, and at key positions for our team, I'd rather add picks than give them away. I'm still holding out hope that we get a compensatory for Garcon, though I doubt it.

Now with that said (and I will stand by my belief on that) Maclin did produce quite well with Vick as his QB, He caught 10 of Vicks 21 td passes that year(2010). Doing that with Vick as your QB (Who I think is still overrated) does say quite a bit in my opinion. Still I wouldn't do it like I said

Aaron Dobson

Stedman Bailey 

Da'Rick Rogers

Cobi Hamilton

OK, when I get time I will use all of those cool draft sites posted here and compare those guys scouting reports to this one-

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=65770&draftyear=2009&genpos=WR

because none of them has NFL numbers yet to use in comparison.  It's a crapshoot where the answer is usually only revealed years down the road in retrospect on a draft pick. I think Luck makes Maclin a star, immediately.

Who is this 6'6 receiver you speak of?

Cant recall his name and too lazy to look, but we got him from the Arena league. just two months ago. Watch the video on him, He looks like another Calvin Johnson, just hope he can play somewhat like him.

If you hit gold, that could work but you have only one pick to get it right.  if your choice in any of the first 3 bust, then you cost us dearly.  If any in round 3 bust, then it's a setback there too. Maclin was All-America and a low round 1 draft talent that dropped and went #19 overall in round 1.  He, along with  Hakeem Nicks, Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss, and Isaac Bruce are the only players to have 250 catches, 3500 yards & 25 TDs before their 25th birthday. Just a couple years ago he and Nicks tied for league lead in red zone TD's at 7.  He's a proven commodity that is worth a number 3 to me, and pay commiserate  for his type of numbers.  I'd rather use #24 on D-  S, or pass rush OLB/DE.   and my #3 for Maclin, if we could swing it and not overpay. Then BPA from there with the little we have left. Especially if it is O-line depth.

I agree 100%!  MacLin is young, talented, and a perfect fit for the Colts and Luck.  Grigs knows him well, and he would make a perfect #2 WR in Indy, with #1 WR potential when Reggie hangs up the cleats if not before.  MacLin for a 3rd?  Get er done Grigs!