Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Noticing a pattern with these signings

BProland85

It seems that Grigs is signing players for cheaper contracts for depth. With the exception of Cherilus and possibly Toler and Thomas, most of these guys are going to be depth players. Im still not buying into both Toler and Thomas starting though.

Does anyone have a source on the contracts of these signings?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grigson likes guy who are hungry.    Guys who want an opportunity.    Guys whose best football is in front of them,  not behind them.

That's what he did his first year.    That's what he's doing now.    When he said it's not in his DNA to chase 'big names' he wasn't kidding.

And now, he's proving it.

Good for him.    In Grigson I trust!      :thmup:     :thmup:

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!       :thmup:      :thmup:

dont sleep on walden either. was reading where he got to start for nick perry and lead the team in tackles and had 2 sacks. i like how grigson is out turning stones for guys who can make a name for themselves and not nessisarily have that name yet

I think he over-learned from his time with the Eagles. 

I believe he is just trying to fill as many holes he can with second-tier/average talent, and doesn't want to take a big chance on top-tier talents that may not work out. It is quite possible he believes that it is still the best to build through the draft, while trying to cover up the holes through FA until he can draft replacements. 

Pure speculation that may be disproven by the time this is over, though. He may just be the greatest talent evaluator on the planet, and sees that other teams are just misusing these random people.

Why on earth wouldn't you expect Toler and Thomas to start. You can't possibly think they are not upgrades.

If Toler is healthy hes a plus in DB department,its moving fast ,the 2 OL will be upgrades IMO,just a little dissapointed in no big names,however this could be down right smart

Why spend all on our money on 1-3 stars? These signing allow us to fill the numerous holes we do have. Remember this is a team sport. One player isn't gonna take us to the Super Bowl.

The idea of FA is to have a chance to get some of the best players in the league, now that dont mean break the bank on just 1 star but we need definite starters at some areas, RT, both Guard spots, SS, #2 Corner. Outside of Cherilous we have signed backups, Im not sold on Thomas, apparently Miami nor NE were either 

Joke?

Walden has got to be back loaded with limited guaranteed money (or some similar structure) ... so if he breaks out he gets paid but if he doesnt work out we can cut him for nothing .... otherwise I don't know what Grigs is thinking.

lol that's exactly what I did! I hope Grigs knows something about him that we don't

I don't care if Ryan thinks he is an all-pro, there is no way he had to pay 4 million a year. If he asks for 4 million laugh in his face and tell him to have fun in the unemployment line.

First thing I'll do in the next madden is make Walden a 0 injury rating RB and play against Willis/Bowman's 49ers, make him earn that 4 million :heh:

Sorry, that's messed up, I'm really in shock/anger right now.

Walden has got to be back loaded with limited guaranteed money (or some similar structure) ... so if he breaks out he gets paid but if he doesnt work out we can cut him for nothing .... otherwise I don't know what Grigs is thinking.

That'd better be it. This has been a bad day for Indy.

I don't care if Ryan thinks he is an all-pro, there is no way he had to pay 4 million a year. If he asks for 4 million laugh in his face and tell him to have fun in the unemployment line.

First thing I'll do in the next madden is make Walden a 0 injury rating RB and play against Willis/Bowman's 49ers, make him earn that 4 million :heh:

Sorry, that's messed up, I'm really in shock/anger right now.

smh. you can only lower the injury rating to 12 lol

dont sleep on walden either. was reading where he got to start for nick perry and lead the team in tackles and had 2 sacks. i like how grigson is out turning stones for guys who can make a name for themselves and not nessisarily have that name yet

3 sacks and defensive player of the week...you are spot on New Era!

I was afraid they would miss out on some of the big names and then almost be forced to overpay mediocre/2nd tier players. I trust Grigs though. I'm not a GM haha

yeah, it's better to over pay the mid tier guys from the get go lol.. no one sees it coming

When we released players like Brackett, Saturday, Dallas and some dude named Peyton at the start of last year, it was to open up cap space for this season. That cap space should not be used on overpaying depth players and ramming them into the team. What a waste.