Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Big ?, Ijalana is trying

chad72

Don't count on Ijalana.  Just take whatever he can give as a bonus.  That's the attitude I'm going to take on him. 

He seems like a good kid and I hope he makes it.  But most 10 year contributors don't start their careers out with two brutal ACL tears.

I think the safest thing is to not plan on having him.....    for whatever reason.

Then,  if he's healthy and his performance is up to standards,  then he's an unexpected gift...  a bonus....

Otherwise, to expect him is to flirt with disappointment....   and two major surgeries  (I think on the same knee, and same ligament?)  is not a bright future....

Festus Ijalana...now that's a name.  I am pulling for Ben as well.

Only other Festus I knew was a scrungy looking guy that was Matt Dillon's deputy on the TV show Gunsmoke. That show ran from 1955-1975. Most of you snot noses are too young to know Festus.

Ijalana was not on the verge of being cut.  He was still rehabbing his knee so he wasn't able to go full contact.  His second tear was nearly as brutal as the first considering it happened in a non-contact drill and his leg just got tangled with another player.  He could be a great linemen.  I've heard he can play either guard or tackle spot.  So in hopes we land Vasquez and Levitre I would hope he could come in and play for justice.

Depending on the free agency linemen we grab and Ijalana's recovery, we could go from worst to first (close anyways). All I want is for Luck to get 15 seconds behind his line to survey the field like Brady gets.  That's all I would ask.

15 sounds a bit much....Brady gets about 6 to 7 tops....oh man its fun to watch when he gets pressure. Like every other qb in the league he gets very panicky. It would be nice to give Luck a clean pocket..and 3-4 seconds.