Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cardinals fans not happy with Arians' hire

HarassedOffTheSite

I headed over to the Cardinals website/message board. Some of them are ready to off themselves. I found some funny and decided to share them with you.

I'm just now listening to Arians press conference and he of course says in regards to the QBs, "if there's a guy on the roster, we'll coach 'em up." What is he going to talk about next? Moxie and Swagger? Status quo ftw.

Arians in my opinion comes across as a guy his players will play hard for, but he's not going to be the best long term coach. I don't think he will be terrible, but I just can't picture him being a top notch NFL coach.

If you haven't started prepping you're already DOOMED! Just like the Cards.

Arians is no Harbaugh. I like Arians as all of you know but let's be realistic.

...we'll have no Pagano rally here. We will suck!

The hiring of Bruce Arians was almost comical. Other than Ray Horton, Arians was the last coach standing. Reid, Kelly, McCoy, and even Darrell Bevell, all showed that they weren’t interested in the Cardinals and they were able to tab Arians as “their guy” because his is 60 years old and this is the only chance that he will get to be a head coach in the NFL.

We wound up with our fourth or fifth choice as HC. We lost a DC everyone wanted to keep...because...Arians said he wouldn't come either unless he got to bring Bowles with him. Either way we look foolish. We are now assured we will not attract one , not one ,quality FA to come here.

Take a closer look at what Arians did in Indy and it really doesn’t warrant him being a HC in the NFL. Indy played a terribly weak schedule and he was handed a gifted rookie quarterback. In addition, Indy was riding an emotional high while their Head Coach, Chuck Pagano was battling cancer. This all added up to a magical season and Arians was just riding the wave.

As fans, I feel we need to do something to show the organization just how upset we are with this move and how upset we are with how this team runs.

Seriously, we blew it. Bevell was our guy. But no. Once again this front office completely blew it. Bruce Arians, another guy who refuses to give up control of the offense. I'm sure this will turn out well. Oh, and we lost Horton the only bright spot of this team and bring in Bowles who had a joke of a defense. This hire is just an older and overweight version of Whiz. He refuses to give up control of the offense.

The quotes from Kiem and MB - "Retool" and "Due Diligence". So this is what the final pickings are? My thoughts, ownership should've started to work on the HC much quicker than the release of Whiz. Oh well now....All we can do know is sit back and hope for the best. The ownership has made thier selections. Shocking!

I'm concerned about his age, but more concerned about how quickly he picked bowles as dc..... did he even talk to horton?

Guys that's what we are. The owners are losers . With ray Horton gone and this old fart as hc.... We are screwed for another 6 seasons or however long this guy lasts.

Hiring Arians was a really dumb move, he was fired by Pittsburgh because they didn't like the way the offense had deteriorated and his offense was getting Big Ben killed. Just what the Cards need a coach that doesn't now how to protect his qb and doesn't value the running game.

Only time will tell, but I feel like B.A. made a mistake going to a team with no quarterbacks, no offensive line, and no running backs. I'm not that confident he is going to find a Big Ben, or a Luck in this years draft. I'm pretty confident their line is going to look like what we had this season. That is going to spell trouble for whoever they have at QB because that person will not be as talented as Luck or Big Ben at dealing with constant pressure.

I don't know what their defense is going to look like anymore since Horton is gone. I can understand why B.A. got rid of him though. It's hard to keep a guy on the roster who interviewed for the head coach position, and was angry when he didn't get it. Creates a conflict of interest.

I'm a little surprised Todd Haley didn't land there. He's had his bumps in the road with Big Ben/Pittsburgh and he was the Cards OC when they went to the Super Bowl.

All I know is if they don't get QB figured out soon, they'll be talking Larry Fitzgerald down off the ledge next.

If the Cards owner Michael Bidwill and the new GM wanted to shake things up they've succeeded.

I'm a little surprised Todd Haley didn't land there. He's had his bumps in the road with Big Ben/Pittsburgh and he was the Cards OC when they went to the Super Bowl.

All I know is if they don't get QB figured out soon, they'll be talking Larry Fitzgerald down off the ledge next.

If the Cards owner Michael Bidwill and the new GM wanted to shake things up they've succeeded.

Haley set a very high asking price. He knew very well he wasn't leaving Pittsburgh.

As I've brought up before. Bidwell = 47 years and 5 tris to the playoffs. But hey... if Bruce thinks it's the perfect situation .. take the money and have at it.

The money is probably why he thought it was perfect to begin with. Otherwise, what else is on the Cardinals roster to make him think it's a perfect situation. Time will tell, but I just don't think B.A. made a good decision with this one.

The money is probably why he thought it was perfect to begin with. Otherwise, what else is on the Cardinals roster to make him think it's a perfect situation. Time will tell, but I just don't think B.A. made a good decision with this one.

It ain't gonna be easy that's for sure. Two years ago when 8-8 could win that division, maybe then.

Right now i can easily see them finishing last if they don't get that offense straightened out....especially after Horton the DC bolted out under those circumstances.

I hope the $$$ is good.

Actually KOLB fits well into a 'BA' offensive system,so don't be shocked if he's a flamethrower next year.He's a type of QB that can pull it off(similiar to a favre).

If the above ends up true , I will be shocked. I don't think he fits well at all with Arian's system or anyone's for that matter. Nor does he in any way , other than throwing some ill advised passes , remind me of Farve.

If the above ends up true , I will be shocked. I don't think he fits well at all with Arian's system or anyone's for that matter. Nor does he in any way , other than throwing some ill advised passes , remind me of Farve.

He's a perfect fit for the vertical play calling of BA.Its what kolb does best(throw it up and hope for the best).

Kolb's issue is health.    BA has to protect him, he played well this last season.     Same with Indy...   beef up the OL.

But this team has a D ready for prime time RIGHT NOW.  

Don't be surprised if it works.....

Actually KOLB fits well into a 'BA' offensive system,so don't be shocked if he's a flamethrower next year.He's a type of QB that can pull it off(similiar to a favre).

I was at a Cards web site last night and most were happy with the hire.    But some are thinking this is Whis 2.0

I think BA has already proven this to be not the case by booting the baby Horton out the door.     Every one has to be on the same page.   And it was obvious last seasons Cards were not.

If Arizona can keep Kolb in the game they will be OK.   That's a big IF tho.

Geez... those are some really harsh comments by the Cards fans.

Good luck, Coach Arians. You're going to need it.

I think Arians is going to regret going to Arizona and I really didn't want him to leave, but now that we have Pep and are changing to a WCO, I'm kind of glad he did go. I look forward to having Pep run the offense and hopefully getting a powerful O-line so we can become a smash mouth team with a great young QB.

Those were some pretty brutal quotes....    I also think most were completely silly.   I think if I'm a Cardinals fan I'm very happy with the hire.    I'm more surprised that BA would take the job.    There's a reason why the Cardinals are consistently bad....  They're a badly run franchise.    I don't expect that to change.    It shows just how much BA wanted his shot to be a HC.

Well...  he's got it, so good luck.    I hope it works out for him except when the Colts play the Cards this coming year which we do in Arizona.

One last thought....

I don't think Arians kicked Horton to the curb.   Horton reportedly had a major meltdown when he didn't get the job.   At that point I don't see him wanting to stay to help the guy who got the job win games.    So, I'm sure Horton wanted out the door as fast as his legs would take him.    The fact that Arians had a fast replacement is not surprising.   I'm sure BA has a big rolodex of good names to reach out to....     Again,  good luck BA....   I fear you're going to need it...

He's a perfect fit for the vertical play calling of BA.Its what kolb does best(throw it up and hope for the best).

No offense but that's your opinion. The only attribute he has IMO is good arm strength.  It takes much more than that to be a good NFL QB. 

I have to agree with the Cardinals fans, I surely wouldn't want a HC that is telling the offensive coordinator to sit on the bench, who is running a very similar offense to their previous coach, and they let go of a really good DC because Bruce packaged himself with someone else.

Bruce is a great play caller, and I like his offense, his offense puts his teams consistently in the top 10 every year, and he has multiple rings that prove that it works, look at the Steelers with Bruce calling the plays and without Bruce calling the plays. That being said, Bruce needs a specific type of QB to run his offense, one who can escape pressure to allow those long balls to materialize, I've only seen two QB's in the NFL do that well, and neither of them play in Arizona.

I have to agree with the Cardinals fans, I surely wouldn't want a HC that is telling the offensive coordinator to sit on the bench, who is running a very similar offense to their previous coach, and they let go of a really good DC because Bruce packaged himself with someone else.

Bruce is a great play caller, and I like his offense, his offense puts his teams consistently in the top 10 every year, and he has multiple rings that prove that it works, look at the Steelers with Bruce calling the plays and without Bruce calling the plays. That being said, Bruce needs a specific type of QB to run his offense, one who can escape pressure to allow those long balls to materialize, I've only seen two QB's in the NFL do that well, and neither of them play in Arizona.

I'm sorry but who are you talking about again?  Bruce has never had a top 10 offense in any stat until this year with Luck at the helm.  Also without him calling the plays Ben had his statiscally best td to int ratio and highest average completeion percentage plus lowest times being hit over a season.  He has rings because he had Ben and Lebeau to carry him. If you never watched Steelers games then maybe you shouldnt comment about him because he is the complete opposite of what you described.

On another note I believe he could be one heck of a good Head Coach if he doesn't demand control of the offense.  He is a good motivator and helps his team prepare week in and week out.  He just has no consistency when he calls an offense and gets his QB killed.  If he has a good OC who can play call and share ideas with they can make a formidable offense quick.

I'm sorry but who are you talking about again?  Bruce has never had a top 10 offense in any stat until this year with Luck at the helm.  Also without him calling the plays Ben had his statiscally best td to int ratio and highest average completeion percentage plus lowest times being hit over a season.  He has rings because he had Ben and Lebeau to carry him. If you never watched Steelers games then maybe you shouldnt comment about him because he is the complete opposite of what you described.

On another note I believe he could be one heck of a good Head Coach if he doesn't demand control of the offense.  He is a good motivator and helps his team prepare week in and week out.  He just has no consistency when he calls an offense and gets his QB killed.  If he has a good OC who can play call and share ideas with they can make a formidable offense quick.

I'm not talking about stats I'm talking about wins, best completion % and TD to int ration don't mean squat when you have that ring on your finger.

I think it is farfetched to say he is the opposite of what I listed, the truth of the matter is, his offense wins games, and wins superbowls.

And likely Mike Glennon as a backup when Kolb gets hurt...

just seems odd so many wanted him gone, then he does leave he gets berated for his choice of where to coach.  Oh well, he is evidently happy and excited at the huge challenge before him.  Beats sitting on a couch as 'Retired Steelers OC" , right BA?

He had a good gig here with Indy and Luck, but I think this past season really gave him confidence he could do the HC/OC thing, just like Sean Payton... well... he hopes. ;)

I'm not talking about stats I'm talking about wins, best completion % and TD to int ration don't mean squat when you have that ring on your finger.

I think it is farfetched to say he is the opposite of what I listed, the truth of the matter is, his offense wins games, and wins superbowls.

Having a ring on your finger doesn't automatically make you good.

They became awful when Kolb got hurt.

I have a mate who's a Cardinals fan, and he seems to be excited by the hire of Arians...but that doesn't seem to be the norm. All I can say is, can it really get worse for them? They were awful after the first four games this year. Arians should improve them no end.

Just as a point of fact, his offense "wins Superbowl" (singular).

Only time will tell, but I feel like B.A. made a mistake going to a team with no quarterbacks, no offensive line, and no running backs. I'm not that confident he is going to find a Big Ben, or a Luck in this years draft. I'm pretty confident their line is going to look like what we had this season. That is going to spell trouble for whoever they have at QB because that person will not be as talented as Luck or Big Ben at dealing with constant pressure.

I don't know what their defense is going to look like anymore since Horton is gone. I can understand why B.A. got rid of him though. It's hard to keep a guy on the roster who interviewed for the head coach position, and was angry when he didn't get it. Creates a conflict of interest.

It's not like he had the pick of the litter. By the time the teams got through courting the top candidates, the Cards were all that was left. It has been Arians ambition to be an NFL head coach, so he was going to take whatever was open despite what he had said about only leaving further right job.

I wish him lots of luck and hope he can coach them into a competitive team.

Hiring Tom Moore just significantly influenced that offense. Arians said he would call plays until he found someone who could do it better. To me, that's definitely Tom Moore. Even if Arians keeps the headset -- for the record, he should give it up -- having Tom Moore has the potential to counter-balance his gameplans and improve efficiency. If we had kept Arians, I think hiring Moore would have been a good move. Probably would have been a good move even with Hamilton.

Either way, the Arians hire just got better. He's putting together a nice staff.

"The perfect situation" basically meant, anyone dumb enough to hire him. He just used that line to save face in case everyone passed him over again. (and it almost happened)

I could have lifted many of those comments in general from this very board about (at different times):

Dungy

Caldwell

Polian

Pagano

Arians

Mudd

Fangio

etc.......

It's just fans who love to diss. Anything short of my own expectations and I want a pound of flesh from someone......

Hiring Tom Moore just significantly influenced that offense. Arians said he would call plays until he found someone who could do it better. To me, that's definitely Tom Moore. Even if Arians keeps the headset -- for the record, he should give it up -- having Tom Moore has the potential to counter-balance his gameplans and improve efficiency. If we had kept Arians, I think hiring Moore would have been a good move. Probably would have been a good move even with Hamilton.

Either way, the Arians hire just got better. He's putting together a nice staff.

My thoughts exactly. Arians needs Moore to balance him out...especially with that offensive line

Arians is a hell of a coach, but he will struggle in AZ.

1.  He has no QB or Oline

2. The NFC as a conference is WAY tougher than the AFC

3. The NFC West might be the best Division in the NFL

4. Wont have the motivational factor to work with (Look at what the Ravens and the Colts did with Motivation)

The only saving grace for Arians is he will have a high draft pick.

Cardinals fans? Those exist? I always thought they were a legend of some sort. Well at least they don't call themselves a "nation" the most over used fan term in sports.

Yes with "____Strong" in a close second, with "We Are _____" taking 3rd.