Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good weekend for the Colts

Colts20593

Looking at the records and schedules , it appears to me that Cinn. at 4-5 is our biggest threat for the last playoff spot. They have games left with Pitt and Balt that might not mean a whole lot to those two teams as they are good enough to coast into the playoffs. So we have a two game lead .... plus the first tie breaker would be conference record and thus far all 5 of Cinn's losses are in the AFC. But I'm not getting too cocky as I've been following football for over 50 years and have seen teams collapse before.

* sorry I didn't see the above posts before starting this. SO I'm agreeing rather than bringng something new to the thread.

Not sure if I am as sold on Cincy. Giants tend to do this a lot. They start like 6-2 then go into a mid season skid. At least I hope thats the case. Bengals schedule does not look too tough the rest of the way either but the NFC North is often good at beating each other up and Cincy tends to struggle with the North.

Cincy does end the year at Pittsburgh then at home vs. Baltimore so thats going to be tough for them.

Also looks like the Texans won't lose either lol.

Not sure if I am as sold on Cincy. Giants tend to do this a lot. They start like 6-2 then go into a mid season skid. At least I hope thats the case. Bengals schedule does not look too tough the rest of the way either but the NFC North is often good at beating each other up and Cincy tends to struggle with the North.

Cincy does end the year at Pittsburgh then at home vs. Baltimore so thats going to be tough for them.

Also looks like the Texans won't lose either lol.

I agree. I need to see more from cincy before I start looking in the rear view mirror. I would never count out the giants until they are mathematically eliminated.

As far as the texans go, I feel like the big brother with a broken leg and my little brother is taunting me because I used to beat him up all the time. "Just wait until my leg heals, It will be twice the beatdown it was before."

Not sure if I am as sold on Cincy. Giants tend to do this a lot. They start like 6-2 then go into a mid season skid. At least I hope thats the case.

Don't you know Eli loses on purpose so that he can appear more clutch later in the season, just like Peyton loses on purpose until the 4th Qtr* haha

*Source Bill Romanowski.... seems legit.

I definely think Cincy is our biggest threat. Us being 6-5 after the next two games is quite plausible with New England and Detroit up next. And who do the 4-5 Bengals play? KC and Oakland. You can almost chalk that up now. 6-5 for both teams is a very real scenario. So a win in these next two weeks could be huge. Be rooting against the Bengals these next few weeks, and hope we pull off a big road upset against one of these two teams.

I definely think Cincy is our biggest threat. Us being 6-5 after the next two games is quite plausible with New England and Detroit up next. And who do the 4-5 Bengals play? KC and Oakland. You can almost chalk that up now. 6-5 for both teams is a very real scenario. So a win in these next two weeks could be huge. Be rooting against the Bengals these next few weeks, and hope we pull off a big road upset against one of these two teams.

wow..I didnt check Cincy's schedule..

you're right..Denver will smack down SD this week and we're going to battle Cincinnatti...for the playoff spot...

....we are going to have to win at Detroit..and that's a tall order...9-7 may not get us in if the Steelers and Balt keep winning

We play NE, then Buffalo, then Detroit. I highly doubt 3 teams from the AFC North make the playoffs. Pittsburgh, and Baltimore are a bigger threat than Cincinnati.

I'm assuming that Pittsburgh and Baltimore are locks....the East and the West are crumbling before our eyes...(and theirs)

we have to beat out Tennesse in our division and Cincinnatti....in the North

...the schedule says that Balt, Pitt and Cincy could all make it if we lose 4 of the last 7 especially if they are all in the AFC

I dont share your high doubt of 3 AFC North playoff teams...Cincy crushing the NYGs opened that door

I'm assuming that Pittsburgh and Baltimore are locks....the East and the West are crumbling before our eyes...(and theirs)

we have to beat out Tennesse in our division and Cincinnatti....in the North

...the schedule says that Balt, Pitt and Cincy could all make it if we lose 4 of the last 7 especially if they are all in the AFC

I dont share your high doubt of 3 AFC North playoff teams...Cincy crushing the NYGs opened that door

The AFC North tends to beat the tar out of each other. I'm not a believer in Cincy yet. Too much season left...that could be a problem for Indy as well.

The Titans are still a possibility if they beat the Colts, Jax (2), and Jets. With these 4 wins, the Titans would be 8-8 with a 7-5 conference record. So if the Titans were to beat the Colts, I could easily see them at 8-8. That would mean the Colts need to beat Buff, KC -- and one of NE, Texans, or Detroit to stay ahead of them. Otherwise, the Colts are 8-8 with a 6-6 conference record. Let's just beat the Titans and make this a moot point.

Epic fail Chiefs! Thanks a pile KC.

But, we should keep an eye on Ben's injury too/how serious. If he is out for some time then they could be in some trouble and a lot changes.....

Next up for the Pittsburgh? Baltimore. Then Browns. Then Baltimore again.

That or a sign of the apocalypse ;) , still any given Sunday.

Well I woke up this morning and there wasn't four horseman hanging around so I figured the Chiefs must have lived up to expectations, didn't expect it to be in OT though.

Big Ben is a big injury blow to the Steelers (and my fantasy team), even losing him for those 3 games could derail their playoff hopes. Good for us I guess.

Yeah, other teams misfortunes can obviously work to the Colts favor, but I'm kinda of the mindset that if the Colts keep taking care of their own business, it doesn't really matter what the other teams do.

Hopefully the Colts veterans are telling their teamates, that are first-year Colts, the same thing.

I admittedly only hoped for the Colts to just be competitive this season, but I never imagined being able to talk about them controlling their own destiny in the playoff race.