Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With this win..

GoColts8818

The Colts snap a 10 game losing streak. Kinda ironic that we snapped our 14 game (dating back to the Jets playoff loss) losing streak against the Titans last year and we snap the road losing streak against them this year!

It's also the first time we have been over .500 since the Jets playoff game.

We are also now 4-3 on the season second place in the AFC South. Take that for what you will.

Here is something to chew on though. We have played less than half the season so far and we have doubled last year's win total!

Oh and Andrew Luck and the Colts with less talent than the Redskins have now won one more game than mighty RG3 and the Redskins...

The Colts snap a 10 game losing streak. Kinda ironic that we snapped our 14 game (dating back to the Jets playoff loss) losing streak against the Titans last year and we snap the road losing streak against them this year!

We are also now 4-3 on the season second place in the AFC South. Take that for what you will.

Here is something to chew on though. We have played less than half the season so far and we have doubled last year's win total!

I WILL chew on that. Awesome. Game was up and down but ultimately up.

i said it before the season that will go 10-6 and face manning in the broncos in the playoffs and beat them.

I'll take the Broncos over any other AFC team...Texans, Pats, Ravens are all scary good. At least with the Broncos you know Manning is going to play putrid and throw TDs to our CBs.

Oh and Andrew Luck and the Colts with less talent than the Redskins have now won one more game than mighty RG3 and the Redskins...

Also keep in mind that as good as we all feel right now...Andrew Luck has now gone three consecutive weeks without throwing a touchdown pass. Just saying. We are 4-3 though so all is good and no one will want to dwell on this much but it is still a fact that warrants mentioning. RG3 still has better stats overall but I much prefer our better won/loss record at this point. :D

Good for y'all, the only thing I'll say is after watching the Skins game, and looking at all their injuries, and the fact that their receivers dropped 9 passes today, I'd say the talent is just about even between the two teams.

And the Skins D is WAY worse...

Also keep in mind that as good as we all feel right now...Andrew Luck has now gone three consecutive weeks without throwing a touchdown pass. Just saying. We are 4-3 though so all is good and no one will want to dwell on this much but it is still a fact that warrants mentioning. RG3 still has better stats overall but I much prefer our better won/loss record at this point. :D

Which is why I made sure to put in the part about the Colts and Redskins referring to the team results. I was more pointing out Luck and his TEAM are putting up better results than RG3 and his flashy stats in the Win Loss Column.

correct me if im wrong but was that last play a pass to ballard which would mean he threw a td today

the ballard score counts as td pass

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, October 28, 2012 - insult a player
Hidden by -JJ-, October 28, 2012 - insult a player

Good for y'all, the only thing I'll say is after watching the Skins game, and looking at all their injuries, and the fact that their receivers dropped 9 passes today, I'd say the talent is just about even between the two teams.

And the Skins D is WAY worse...

Just think, they have no draft picks, RG the Turd will be injury prone, and we have about $40 million to play with after this season.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Coltssouth, October 28, 2012 - quoted post
Hidden by Coltssouth, October 28, 2012 - quoted post

Just think, they have no draft picks, RG Edit will be injury prone, and we have about $40 million to play with after this season.

A shining example of a Colts fan.

Edited by Coltssouth
inappropriate

i dont see what everyones issue with RG3 is. He isnt a bad QB. its a team effort to win games and we have been lucky to have receiver who can hold on to the ball. that was the skins big issue today against the steelers. their receivers kept dropping the ball. 11 drops for them. 3 of which were in the endzone.

and honestly we lucked out with a win today. the colts did fumble that ball, and it was not reviewed. so we got a lucky break there.

its just an honest opinion is all.

Umm who do you think threw the 16 yd pass to Ballard? Donald Brown? :highfive:

A shining example of a Colts fan.

not all colt fans are like that. i for one think the skins could have beat the steelers if their receivers held on to the ball. 3 of which were in the endzone.RG3 really has not been that bad of a player. and honestly the colts lucked out on that fumble at the end of the game. BUT the defense for tenn. should have stopped them in OT and failed to do so. so we got the win.

what about all the criticism Luck got for that 2 yard pass that turned into a long TD on his first pass ever?...People went on and on about that for weeks...

I was referring to all the stuff I see around HERE about how Griffin's stats look better because he throws a bunch of screens and dump offs and then his receivers do the work, just ironic that the game was won on a screen play from Luck.

I don't see many TD passes coming anyway. I would love to see us run like we did today all the time. I have had the feeling for a while that our receivers outside of Wayne are just not very good and every week i see it more and more. Hilton is young and has an excuse. I'm not overly impressed with Avery. Keep in mind this guy was cut from the same team we just played. He had a terrible drop today. He runs the go route pretty well, thats about it. Allen is a good tightend. Fleener has played better but now he is hurt. Personally i don't care how TD's are scored, they all count the same, but judging Lucks performance by lack of TD passes is not really fair IMO. He's also had chances to throw it in the endzone if he wanted and instead has either ran it in or handed off. It does not mean he played poorly however.

I was referring to all the stuff I see around HERE about how Griffin's stats look better because he throws a bunch of screens and dump offs and then his receivers do the work, just ironic that the game was won on a screen play from Luck.

IMO the game was won on the 3rd and long completion to Wayne. The TD play was of course huge, but if they don't get that 3rd down there looking at possibly punting or a very long FG into the wind. Actually, the game is over if Luck doesn't convert that 3rd and 5 at the end of regulation. We would have had to punt from the endzone into a howling wind with the Titans simply needing a FG.

correct me if im wrong but was that last play a pass to ballard which would mean he threw a td today

You're absolutely right! Silly me. :funny: Ballard ran so far with it that it registered in my mind as a running play. I stand corrected.

Umm who do you think threw the 16 yd pass to Ballard? Donald Brown? :highfive:

See my earlier response. Thanks.

i dont see what everyones issue with RG3 is. He isnt a bad QB. its a team effort to win games and we have been lucky to have receiver who can hold on to the ball. that was the skins big issue today against the steelers. their receivers kept dropping the ball. 11 drops for them. 3 of which were in the endzone.

Agree, Robert is doing fine and I wish people would leave him out of most Colt conversations.

and honestly we lucked out with a win today. the colts did fumble that ball, and it was not reviewed. so we got a lucky break there.

Not quite true. It wasn't really reviewed because even though the whistle was late (ball had came out first). the ref that blew the whistle indicated that forward progress had been stopped and ball was yanked out only when player was pulled backward and to the ground. Refs don't allow fumbles/stripping the football when forward progress has been determined to be stopped. That was their ruling.

Agree, Robert is doing fine and I wish people would leave him out of most Colt conversations.

Not quite true. It wasn't really reviewed because even though the whistle was late (ball had came out first). the ref that blew the whistle indicated that forward progress had been stopped and ball was yanked out only when player was pulled backward and to the ground. Refs don't allow fumbles/stripping the football when forward progress has been determined to be stopped. That was their ruling.

oh ok i did not hear that part. thanks for clearing that up.

Gentleman.....if you taped the game..check me on this..

But Tennesse has six in the box...They were geared to stop Luck and daring us to run

..and Luck was still one drop away from 300 yards...

If you want to stop frustrating yourself..stop comparing Luck to a totally different style of QB in another conference...

we're 4-3