Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Johnson - 18 carries, 195 yards, we're next

oldunclemark

Keep in mind folks when we talk about past failures or success when it comes to Johnson against us you are talking about him against our 4-3 we used to run and not our 3-4 with Freeney and Mathis at Linebackers, If Johnson bounces outside on Freeney that just wont go well in my opinion

I wonder if Chapman gets some time next week

I heard Arians say in the post game interview that they have some tough decisions to make defensively with all the new depth along the D Line. I'm assuming part of the "new" comment includes the addition of Chapman as well. I suppose we'll get an update by Wednesday.

Maybe, or Tevasue

I think they like Tevasue. He's a dual use guy that can play DE and NT. Dixon is just a NT, and we already have Mookie so if they decide to activate Chapman I could see them getting rid of Dixon since Chapman is the higher priority.

When and if Tevasue gets back there are some decisions to make at DE as well. We currently have Matthews, Guy, Geathers, Redding, Moala, Nevis. A total of 6 DE and 7 if you include Tevasue. My gut says they will keep Tevasue. Guy and Geathers made some plays today, but there is not enough of a body of work for them to give Matthews the boot over one of those guys. Personally I've been wanting to get rid of Matthews for a while, but they see to keep him around for some reason. Something to think about!

I think they like Tevasue. He's a dual use guy that can play DE and NT. Dixon is just a NT, and we already have Mookie so if they decide to activate Chapman I could see them getting rid of Dixon since Chapman is the higher priority.

When and if Tevasue gets back there are some decisions to make at DE as well. We currently have Matthews, Guy, Geathers, Redding, Moala, Nevis. A total of 6 DE and 7 if you include Tevasue. My gut says they will keep Tevasue. Guy and Geathers made some plays today, but there is not enough of a body of work for them to give Matthews the boot over one of those guys. Personally I've been wanting to get rid of Matthews for a while, but they see to keep him around for some reason. Something to think about!

all good points, I see the definite logic behind that, I think Geathers wont last much longer

all good points, I see the definite logic behind that, I think Geathers wont last much longer

Getting off topic here, but I wanted to bring this up. Do you think we keep Powers as one of the starting CB next year, or do you think we move him to the nickel and spend a high draft pick on a CB? Or do we pay for one in Free Agency? Powers is okay to me, but my gut always tells me he is not the long term answer in that spot. He may be better suited at nickel.

Getting off topic here, but I wanted to bring this up. Do you think we keep Powers as one of the starting CB next year, or do you think we move him to the nickel and spend a high draft pick on a CB? Or do we pay for one in Free Agency? Powers is okay to me, but my gut always tells me he is not the long term answer in that spot. He may be better suited at nickel.

definitely better suited for nickel but I dont think we spend a high draft pick on a Corner, I look for us to draft DE/OLB or Guard or Tackle at least thats my hope, preferably RT or RG

definitely better suited for nickel but I dont think we spend a high draft pick on a Corner, I look for us to draft DE/OLB or Guard or Tackle at least thats my hope, preferably RT or RG

I think they will address it in FA, or they may move on a corner in the draft if they happen to run across somebody they valued highly, but he dropped for some reason. Similar to Chapmans situation, but without the serious injury.

I think I'd like to see Guy stay put...He's a rookie with alot of upside.

Keep in mind folks when we talk about past failures or success when it comes to Johnson against us you are talking about him against our 4-3 we used to run and not our 3-4 with Freeney and Mathis at Linebackers, If Johnson bounces outside on Freeney that just wont go well in my opinion

That's my concern..Gavin...Exactly...we arent playing the same defense we have the last few years....and CJ was very, very good Sunday

What we did again him the last 2 years is not relevant anymore..

We may not be able to have Freeney and Mathis on he field as much (if Mathis can play at all)

..you have to stop CJ first.....and that helps theirvery average passing gamet

CJ I doubt will be a huge factor in the game BUT that will be because the defense will be paying attention to him.... But I don't see a big game for him at all... This could be the Colts first road win

Y'all may have missed him Sunday.......it was impressive

he was very. very good and most teams have run on us.....He is the No.1 concern

Y'all may have missed him Sunday.......it was impressive

he was very. very good and most teams have run on us.....He is the No.1 concern

The colts usually have trouble with bruiser backs, scatbacks aren't really an issue for the colts.... So I a good game for the defense.. Screens may hurt them but good game overall

we need o-linemen...badly. Powers is okay to me, too.

we need o-linemen...badly. Powers is okay to me, too.

I see them keeping Powers because he does have talent, but I'm not sure if we don't need another guy with a similar talent level as Vontae Davis at Powers spot. A similar tandem like when Davis was in Miami with Sean Smith. Or a Surtain and Madison type of combo. I think Powers would be very effective at the nickel in the future. I don't think he is a corner that puts major concern in anyone. It's just my opinion, but I've always felt that away about him.

The colts usually have trouble with bruiser backs, scatbacks aren't really an issue for the colts.... So I a good game for the defense.. Screens may hurt them but good game overall

Remember, though.....there is a NEW 'usually' This is a different defense..with some backups in there