Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donald Brown Had Surgery, out 2-3 weeks (merge)

HtownColt

George Bremer@gmbremer

Brown had surgery and is expected to miss 2-3 weeks. All other injured players are questionable. #Colts

Phillip B Wilson@pwilson24

Arians said Brown was hurt on last play he was in game. Says #Colts RB will be out at least 2-3 weeks. Means he had knee scoped.

George Bremer@gmbremer

Mathis, Angerer, Moala, Tevaseu all questionable. Surprise news: RB Donald Brown tore cartilege in knee on last play Sunday. #Colts

Arians says OLB Robert Mathis (left knee) still being examined. #Colts

George Bremer@gmbremer

Strike that. Vick Ballard likely will make the first start of his career, with Moore heopefully healthy to back up. #Colts

George Bremer@gmbremer

OLB Dwight Freeney will be limited in practice during the week. But Arians said that's just to keep him fresh for Sunday. #Colts

George Bremer@gmbremer

Arians: NT Josh Chapman is progressing. Hoping to get on practice field in next few weeks. Close call whether he'll play this year. #Colts

What Brown's situation also means is #Colts will rotate in Delone Carter at RB to spell rookie RB Vick Ballard. D.C. has been waiting.

Mike Chappell@mchappell51

Arians: injury update -- probably won't practice today -- angerer, mathis (getting knee checked), teveseau, davis. only player out is dbrown

George Bremer@gmbremer

#Colts hope to get LG Joe Reitz back on the practice field this week.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just heard on the NFL network that he did it in the game but they thought it was just a bruise. idk what truth there is to that as i have not seen it on the net anywhere. but now this gives us a chance to see what ballard can do. but also means moore and carter will be running too.

I like Carter, but as to the injury now all the Brown haters get there wish to see Ballard start unfortunately they will also have to come to the realization that our O Line outside of Castonzo is complete crap

complete crap ? that line that was outstanding sunday in the 2nd half ? costanzo was responsible for more hits on luck than anyone else last week. sometimes i wonder what game you watch. shipley played well. link did a nice job. mcglynn hasn;t given up a sack all year playing two spots. look around the league. considering all the injuries and shuffling of players these guys have stepped up in my eyes. lots of lines in this league in much worse shape than the colts. they should be 3-1. what the heck did you expect ? they were much better than gren bays line. redding threw saturday to the ground like a rag doll.

HOW could Mathis still be getting his KNEE CHECKED OUT? this is not good, i'm sure someone recommended surgury and he is now getting a 2nd opinion. this really stinks badly and I feel so bad for Robert cause i know he wants to play vs. Jets and now we know there is NO WAY on GOD's green earth that that will happen. SO SAD, darn it.

complete crap ? that line that was outstanding sunday in the 2nd half ? costanzo was responsible for more hits on luck than anyone else last week. sometimes i wonder what game you watch. shipley played well. link did a nice job. mcglynn hasn;t given up a sack all year playing two spots. look around the league. considering all the injuries and shuffling of players these guys have stepped up in my eyes. lots of lines in this league in much worse shape than the colts. they should be 3-1. what the heck did you expect ? they were much better than gren bays line. redding threw saturday to the ground like a rag doll.

I expected just what we paid for, Luck to have to run for his life to avoid sacks or throw with someone hanging all over him (Clay Matthews). dont be mistaking how good Luck is with buying time, for good O Line play because we have gotten anything but, and to your point yep Castonzo didnt have a great game but he has been the most consistent (not great) O Linemen so far in my opinion. yep Shipley played well, Im not talking about 1 game Im talking about consistency

I expected just what we paid for, Luck to have to run for his life to avoid sacks or throw with someone hanging all over him (Clay Matthews). dont be mistaking how good Luck is with buying time, for good O Line play because we have gotten anything but, and to your point yep Castonzo didnt have a great game but he has been the most consistent (not great) O Linemen so far in my opinion. yep Shipley played well, Im not talking about 1 game Im talking about consistency

i don't know how anyone can have any expectations given all the injuries. quality o line play is based on how those five guys function as a unit. i think that its interesting that the two guys who have played 4 complete games are the two guys who have been the most consistent. costanzo and mcglynn. those two are holding the line together. costanzo struggled some sunday against matthews but who doesn't and mcglynn hasn't given up a sack all year playing two positions. it's not easy when the guys next to you are constantly changing. it's all about continuity.

i don't know how anyone can have any expectations given all the injuries. quality o line play is based on how those five guys function as a unit. i think that its interesting that the two guys who have played 4 complete games are the two guys who have been the most consistent. costanzo and mcglynn. those two are holding the line together. costanzo struggled some sunday against matthews but who doesn't and mcglynn hasn't given up a sack all year playing two positions. it's not easy when the guys next to you are constantly changing. it's all about continuity.

Continuity yes but its more about knowing your assignment and beating your man

I hope we put that Fullback to use blocking, just saw where he had 26 reps at ND Pro Day (more then Satele's 25 lol). I wonder how long it will take him to pick up the power/man blocking scheme. I think he came from a gap pull team in Notre Dame but not sure on that

I hope we put that Fullback to use blocking, just saw where he had 26 reps at ND Pro Day (more then Satele's 25 lol). I wonder how long it will take him to pick up the power/man blocking scheme. I think he came from a gap pull team in Notre Dame but not sure on that

he is on the practice squad not the active roster. he's not going to play in a game

I like Carter, but as to the injury now all the Brown haters get there wish to see Ballard start unfortunately they will also have to come to the realization that our O Line outside of Castonzo is complete crap

Sorry, but I hold no respect for your grading of NFL talent. This is nothing personal, but you just called my online a derogatory word and I responded as any post that disses my team incorrectly.