Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donald Brown Had Surgery, out 2-3 weeks (merge)

HtownColt

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but I hold no respect for your grading of NFL talent. This is nothing personal, but you just called my online a derogatory word and I responded as any post that disses my team incorrectly.

Well I could say (example Mike Mcglynn) sometimes his stance is to high (when pass blocking) and his backpedal looks like he sometimes has concrete for feet(which is my only real issue with him) or that Justice is slow footed and sometimes lacks awareness as to who he is supposed to block or when Seth Olsen was starting for us he played off balance quite a bit which lead to him getting blasted by Idonije in the 1st quarter of the Bears game at the 12:00 or so minute mark (I forget the exact time 12: something) and also he got caught looking at the wrong man on an assignment which led to Brown getting blasted by Melton immediately after Brown got the hand off

Continuity yes but its more about knowing your assignment and beating your man

see that's where we disagree. you function as a unit. you don't always have a "man". now i agree about not blowing assignments as that's a mental thing. but as ANY of us watch a game we aren't privy to what schemes were called and what responsibilities each player has. the guy in front of you is not always your responsibility.

To be a little fair almost every run he got he was immediately hit behind the line of scrimmage. If he has the sort of blocking Browns had against the Packers I could see him doing very well. Browns runs had some good blocking, while Ballards did not.

its the same offensive line. Ballard is just out of his league right now

Pay attention to the plays. The line is not consistent at ALL. Browns runs/Decent blocking. Ballards runs/Makes you think theres no o-line in front of him.

But yeah Brown is at a higher lever right now. He's not 5th round rookie

Brown nearly getting his head taken off by Melton because Olsen didnt know his assignment ring a bell? there have been man other plays as well, Brown gets hit behind the LOS alot, the difference is Brown makes something of it more often then Ballard has

Pay attention to the plays. The line is not consistent at ALL. Browns runs/Decent blocking. Ballards runs/Makes you think theres no o-line in front of him.

But yeah Brown is at a higher lever right now. He's not 5th round rookie

i am paying attention to the plays and this regular season so far. there is nothing about Ballard that says good back. I always preferred Carter he is the better short yardage and red zone back and if you look at Carter first four games(29 carries 103yrds 3.55ypc) he more than doubled Ballards first four games(21 carries 42yrds 2.0ypc) and most could argue that last years OL was worse than this years. I personally feel like Carter hasn't gotten a chance yet is because he isn't a Grigson guy and Ballard is but thats just me. yall blame it on the OL for Ballards production while Brown runs behind same OL and produces he just doesnt get enough carries for my liking. and I know yall are going to defend Ballard"oh he is a rookie or the OL cant block" but simply 2.0ypc is not cutting it. I really hope Carter can get a couple of touches against the Jets because I know he is itching to get on the field.

i am paying attention to the plays and this regular season so far. there is nothing about Ballard that says good back. I always preferred Carter he is the better short yardage and red zone back and if you look at Carter first four games(29 carries 103yrds 3.55ypc) he more than doubled Ballards first four games(21 carries 42yrds 2.0ypc) and most could argue that last years OL was worse than this years. I personally feel like Carter hasn't gotten a chance yet is because he isn't a Grigson guy and Ballard is but thats just me. yall blame it on the OL for Ballards production while Brown runs behind same OL and produces he just doesnt get enough carries for my liking. and I know yall are going to defend Ballard"oh he is a rookie or the OL cant block" but simply 2.0ypc is not cutting it. I really hope Carter can get a couple of touches against the Jets because I know he is itching to get on the field.

You have seen 21 carries, and you are already willing to let this be enough evidence? I think you should be more patient. The real backs emerge, when given a consistent role running the ball.

You have seen 21 carries, and you are already willing to let this be enough evidence? I think you should be more patient. The real backs emerge, when given a consistent role running the ball.

Like Browns 15 runs per game average right? Browns only had 60 carries behind this new O Line and new blocking scheme

i can see if it was after 1 or 2 games yea be patient i get that, but after 4 games is enough to get a clue of what you have. And Patience gets you fired, just ask Jim Caldwell.

Like Browns 15 runs per game average right? Browns only had 60 carries behind this new O Line and new blocking scheme

So? He did well against Green Bay. Few RBs often getting hit behind or at the LOS, won't have superb numbers. Period. And this was shown against Packers, as he actually got room to run on the outside around their D.

i can see if it was after 1 or 2 games yea be patient i get that, but after 4 games is enough to get a clue of what you have. And Patience gets you fired, just ask Jim Caldwell.

This depends on how you view it. If not for patience, where would Peyton have been? He did awful the first games. You have to be a little patient with rookie players. And again, it's 21 carries, give him continuity to deal with, and we'll see if it benefits. 5 attemps a game won't give you answers. Trent Richardson had only 2.1 average his first game on 19 carries... The next game he averaged 5.7.

So? He did well against Green Bay. Few RBs often getting hit behind or at the LOS, won't have superb numbers. Period. And this was shown against Packers, as he actually got room to run on the outside around their D.

This depends on how you view it. If not for patience, where would Peyton have been? He did awful the first games. You have to be a little patient with rookie players. And again, it's 21 carries, give him continuity to deal with, and we'll see if it benefits. 5 attemps a game won't give you answers. Trent Richardson had only 2.1 average his first game on 19 carries... The next game he averaged 5.7.

so Im confused, you like Brown or no?

whats up with people thinking running well is 2.0 ypc

i dont get it. thats what I been saying this whole thread.

They just chalk it up to bad OL play, like Brown isn't running behind the same line. Simply they are still stuck on the preseason where he had a couple good runs against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

thats your franchise QB thats not even comparable. and do you think your backup RB is going to get 15 carries a game in this offense? no so you have to base it oh his 21 carries and simply he isn't getting it done. Im just waiting for Carter to get his shot and solidify the backup RB position

Of course when DB puts a good game together he ends up getting hurt on the last play. I swear Irsay needs to go to the Phoenix Suns training staff and kidnap them all and bring them here to learn their secrets.

I rather see Ballard get the nod to start then Carter because I just do not trust Carter to hold onto the ball on a consistent basis.

i dont get it. thats what I been saying this whole thread.

They just chalk it up to bad OL play, like Brown isn't running behind the same line. Simply they are still stuck on the preseason where he had a couple good runs against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

thats your franchise QB thats not even comparable. and do you think your backup RB is going to get 15 carries a game in this offense? no so you have to base it oh his 21 carries and simply he isn't getting it done. Im just waiting for Carter to get his shot and solidify the backup RB position

All I say is, let the man have his go. I haven't mentioned anything of 2.0 being a good average, that's just putting words to my mouth. I compared the DEVELOPMENT and the PATIENCE, not the players. Again, look at Trent Richardson, should he be benched after his first 19 carries? No, and he got better! Why not see if the same will happend to Ballard, and then see?!

The post you quoted of me could be used to reply to this. And lol last years line was not anywhere near as bad this this line in terms of run blocking. All you saw was 21 carries. More than half he was hit behind the line. Ballard outplayed Brown in the preseason and did great against the Steelers, showing quickness and a mean stiff arm. He just needs to be luckier and hope the line blocks for him like they did for Brown.

Carter wasn't even converting those 3rd and shorts to begin with.. He has no burst or moves and will do horribly behind this line because he will get hit in the backfield and not get out of it. He's gonna stay as the 3rd RB imo.

We'll miss DB for one reason. He's a VETERAN. Like him or not, he is a player who has been in the NFL now for several years. A rookie, and a 2nd year player who had fumbling problems don't give me reason to stand up and cheer. It is the RB position so we're not screwed or anything, but don't underestimate the presence of a veteran player who has knowledge of the the NFL, down after down. Moore being a vet helps as well, though. I know rookie RBs can come in and tear it up, but Brown has adjusted pretty well behind this terrible line in the last couple of games, as best he can. And they've adjusted the playcalling to his strengths (get to the edge, get him in space)...

What ups with people thinking 21 carries behind a horrible o-line is a good sample size

how many carries do you expect your backup rb to have in this offense? he isnt going to be getting 15 carries a game so we have to go on his 21 carries. and maybe he only has 21 carries because he isnt producing.

how many carries do you expect your backup rb to have in this offense? he isnt going to be getting 15 carries a game so we have to go on his 21 carries. and maybe he only has 21 carries because he isnt producing.

I still don't see your argument. 21 carries is still too little of a sample size. Lets talk about this in about 5 more weeks.