Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donald Brown Had Surgery, out 2-3 weeks (merge)

HtownColt

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In his last three games, he has had six carries, five carries and six carries for 13 yards, 12 yards and 11 yards. C'mon man there is a reason why he doesn't have more carries

I don't know. I think the issues with Ballard are the same as the issues with Brown, except that Brown gets more chances to make up for the bad carries. Ballard's best carry on Sunday was the ill-fated sprint draw where he got cut off five yards in the backfield, and turned it into a 7 yard gain.

It's really impossible to grade a back behind a bad offensive line, period. And it's even more impossible when he's a rooke and has only had 21 carries through four games.

I hope for the best for Ballard but I have noticed the past couple of weeks, in particular the Packers game, that Brown was able to run the ball they would take him out and put Ballard in and he struggled and then they went back to Brown and we were able to run again. That's not all the line unless you want me to believe they are only run blocking for Brown. I think Brown has some better vision and a little more explosiveness than Ballard. Which you would expect for a vet and a former first round draft pick vs. a rookie and later round pick.

Because Arians apparently likes 2 Back sets, I doubt either Browns play or Ballards play has anything to do with the number of carries they get honestly, neither Back is on pace for 1000 yards but before Browns injury he was on pace for 960 which isn't bad at all averaging 15 carries per game or 240 carries for the season

Vick Ballard will be the starter by midseason. Not the way I envisioned it, but still I was right!

Im telling you, Ballard was in this spot in college, he took the starting job and never looked back. I expect him to do the same here.

He runs hard on every play and he has great patience.

Vick Ballard will be the starter by midseason. Not the way I envisioned it, but still I was right!

Im telling you, Ballard was in this spot in college, he took the starting job and never looked back. I expect him to do the same here.

He runs hard on every play and he has great patience.

Donald will be starting again when he gets healthy. Same as you - eh hmm..expected Packers 30-27 or something like that over the Colts?..gotta believe in blue man!

Donald will be starting again when he gets healthy. Same as you - eh hmm..expected Packers 30-27 or something like that over the Colts?..gotta believe in blue man!

I don't know about that. If Ballard plays mediocrely for the next 3 weeks, then yes, Brown will come back and start.

If Ballard shines, which against the Jets, Brown and Titans, is a very good possibility, then it's a very tough choice, in which the coaches could go with the hotter back. I'd go with the hotter back.

For what it's worth -- and it maybe worth NOTHING -- with Brown getting his knee scoped, I know the Colts are saying he'll be out 2-3 weeks. I hope they're right.

Me? I'm guessing it'll be closer to 4 weeks. Really hope I'm wrong. But I suspect I'm not.

Just my hunch.....

I agree with you........back in 3 weeks......after ligament work...unless he got Adrian Peterson's doc...I dont see it

..and we will miss him.....

He does what we we ask...only 17 carries? 84 yards...5 a carry..

DB can pop runs outside..pick up the blitz.... and he's never lost a fumble....

....hurry back