Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone else seen rumor regarding McFadden?

Shepman

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! The Raiders are not going to trade Darren McFadden for Brown and a 4th. Brown is commodity in this league that is basically worthless and I do not see a guy who is potentially a top tier RB in this league if he stays healthy being traded for a 4th rounder.

I love McFadden's ability and he would immediately be an upgrade over any of our RBs, but our OL is practically worthless so he would struggle as well. What they need to do is not invest top picks in RBs like the Brown and just develop that line.

This sounds like one of those dumb trade rumors that some nobody on twitter would start. It makes no sense what so ever and unlike a lot of the fans, Grigson and Pagano actually know that bringing in a different RB isn't going to make one bit of difference in our running game.

LOL! The Raiders are not going to trade Darren McFadden for Brown and a 4th. Brown is commodity in this league that is basically worthless and I do not see a guy who is potentially a top tier RB in this league if he stays healthy being traded for a 4th rounder.

I love McFadden's ability and he would immediately be an upgrade over any of our RBs, but our OL is practically worthless so he would struggle as well. What they need to do is not invest top picks in RBs like the Brown and just develop that line.

Brown was projected by many to be the 2nd or 3rd running back taken in 2009 and had one heck of a college career including 18 touchdowns in 2008, 267 yards in 1 game and 2083 yards in 2008, I dont see him as worthless, if anything is worthless (as starters in the NFL) then its the entire right side of our O Line

Brown was projected by many to be the 2nd or 3rd running back taken in 2009 and had one heck of a college career including 18 touchdowns in 2008, 267 yards in 1 game and 2083 yards in 2008, I dont see him as worthless, if anything is worthless (as starters in the NFL) then its the entire right side of our O Line

He played at..... Connecticut. Connecticut played against way lower level college football teams. Its not like the guy was racking up yards in the SEC or Big 10. I am by no means saying he's not good, but Polian made a HUGE reach when he went for Donald Brown.

Regarding McFadden, the guy is a major threat out of the backfield running or catching passes. The problem in Oakland isn't him. Thank god we can pin point our issues here with it primarily being the right side of our O-line, but Oakland has way more problems than just their O-line. Palmer is struggling bad and teams are virtually stacking the box making him pass the ball. Their receivers (Heyword-Bey and Moore) are average at best, and obviously there is their O-line. I would take McFadden in a heartbeat for Brown and a 4th, but I highly doubt that rumor is even close to being real.

He played at..... Connecticut. Connecticut played against way lower level college football teams. Its not like the guy was racking up yards in the SEC or Big 10. I am by no means saying he's not good, but Polian made a HUGE reach when he went for Donald Brown.

Regarding McFadden, the guy is a major threat out of the backfield running or catching passes. The problem in Oakland isn't him. Thank god we can pin point our issues here with it primarily being the right side of our O-line, but Oakland has way more problems than just their O-line. Palmer is struggling bad and teams are virtually stacking the box making him pass the ball. Their receivers (Heyword-Bey and Moore) are average at best, and obviously there is their O-line. I would take McFadden in a heartbeat for Brown and a 4th, but I highly doubt that rumor is even close to being real.

Well its about where you went to school freeman bethea Mathis and Freeney might as well stop showing up since none of them went to a big football school they must just not have talent. :(

we should fix our O Line and then give Brown a fair shot before we start dumping on him, keep in mind Brown only has 25 carries so far, I think we should wait another year or two after we get our O Line fixed before we start saying we need a new running back if Oakland did that based on Mcfaddens #'s this year some ticked off raiders fan would burn the stadium to the ground not to mention there would be a riot

Well its about where you went to school freeman bethea Mathis and Freeney might as well stop showing up since none of them went to a big football school they must just not have talent. :(

You missed my point. Bethea was drafted in the 6th round. Freeney, having played at Syracuse (ACC) is a way better football program than playing in the Big East. It would have been like Mathis being drafted in the end of the first/top of the second because he set the college sack record, 20 1/2 I believe, playing at Alabama A&M. Mathis was drafted in the 4th. Again, none of those guys were a reach with the exception of maybe Freeney due to his size but he played in a decent football conference. Mathis and Bethea were drafted way later and have exceeded expectations tremendously.

You missed my point. Bethea was drafted in the 6th round. Freeney, having played at Syracuse (ACC) is a way better football program than playing in the Big East. It would have been like Mathis being drafted in the end of the first/top of the second because he set the college sack record, 20 1/2 I believe, playing at Alabama A&M. Mathis was drafted in the 4th. Again, none of those guys were a reach with the exception of maybe Freeney due to his size but he played in a decent football conference. Mathis and Bethea were drafted way later and have exceeded expectations tremendously.

When Freeney was in school cuse was in the same big east you are trashing brown for playing in at school. Don't give me the acc thing because that just happened this year.

You missed my point it's not about where you went to school it's about how much talent you have.

This would be a monumentally poor trade for the Colts to make. The problem is the o'line and that would be a problem for McFadden too. I think Ballard is a player who has not yet gotten a chance and I think Brown is not nearly as bad as others. On top of that draft picks are becoming a scarce commodity for the Colts.

No way the Colts make this move.

This would be a monumentally poor trade for the Colts to make. The problem is the o'line and that would be a problem for McFadden too. I think Ballard is a player who has not yet gotten a chance and I think Brown is not nearly as bad as others. On top of that draft picks are becoming a scarce commodity for the Colts.

No way the Colts make this move.

McFadden is still a upgrade over Brown and is about as good of a player one could hope for , for a 4th round pick. But yeah the biggest problem is our Oline and this trade rumor just sounds unrealistic.

When Freeney was in school cuse was in the same big east you are trashing brown for playing in at school. Don't give me the acc thing because that just happened this year.

I stand corrected and completely forgot about that. However, as I said in my previous post I never said Brown wasn't talented. I'm merely stating that what he did in college, in a non-powerhouse conference, is about the equivalent of Polian drafting Mathis in the first or second round because of what he did at Alabama A&M. My point, and my opinion, is that Polian reached on Brown for what he did in college.

And yes the Big East now, like it was back then, is trash.

Stupid for them, maybe, but how is that stupid for us at all????

He's 25 and makes 5.6 million this year, 5.8 million next year, so, I don't know. If you're going for a RB, the 4th rounder is no big deal. A 4th rounder got you Delone Carter.

Jerry Rice?

Small school, big numbers against lesser competition.

If this trade were serious/true, I think the Colts would do it so fast before the Raiders realized what a foolish trade it would be.

But I seriously doubt it's true.

What's in it for the Raiders? McFadden is considered a top-10 back, his only problem is staying healthy. The only reason to trade him is to get quality pieces in return, and sorry, Brown and a #4 could not be sold to the Raiders fans. It would be seen as a sign that the Raiders are giving up on this season now. Fans might stop coming to games -- seriously.

And from a Colt's stand point, sure it would be great to get McFadden, but if there are no holes to run through, then there are no holes to run through -- period.

This seems like one of those Internet rumors that goes no where.....