Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'll take Luck over Cutler anyday...anytime

haughvillian

After watching that game last night...I'm glad we don't have that head case as our quarterback. I know he had a decent game against the Colts but looking back on it...we should have blitzed him every down. Luck had extreme pressure last week but never went into a funk or acted like a jerk. We're in good hands with Andrew. Cutler's a jerk.

Edited by 21isSuperman
mod edit: language

He's just too inconsistent, and you can't have that with a starting quarterback. Don't get me wrong, he's good, but you don't know which Cutler will show, and that's a problem.

He gets rattled so easy. When things go wrong his focus goes out the window and he starts throwing picks and playing dumb football.

I'll preface my comments by admitting I am a woman and that I understand social encounters can be different between men versus between women. However.....those encounters last night where cutler was screaming and even shoving his O-line seemed very counter-productive. How does that foster comraderie? That I have your back down in the trenches of war feeling? I agree with the OP. I wouldn't want Cutler as our qb for even the vet min. Poison!

I can't help but feel sorry for the guy. Seems like no matter what team he is on they beat the crap out of him. I don't think he has ever played with a decent offensive line and he made a couple of decent throws last night and no one caught them. I couldn't believe Marshal missed that catch in (I think it was) the third quarter. It was an almost perfect throw.

He's not a great qb but he's not awful. It seems to me he has problems with his teammates also. They never seem overly friendly toward him - but perhaps that's just a false impression on my part.

I can't help but feel sorry for the guy. Seems like no matter what team he is on they beat the crap out of him. I don't think he has ever played with a decent offensive line and he made a couple of decent throws last night and no one caught them. I couldn't believe Marshal missed that catch in (I think it was) the third quarter. It was an almost perfect throw.

He's not a great qb but he's not awful. It seems to me he has problems with his teammates also. They never seem overly friendly toward him - but perhaps that's just a false impression on my part.

The only addendum I would make to your post is that Cutler does have a tendency to hold onto the ball farrrr too long.

He fancies himself a gunslinger and he is always looking to make the big play, of chuck the ball deep down the field. Not every play can work out that way, and that causes him to get sacked when he puts so much pressure on that line to protect him for so long.

That being said, Jay's woes are compounded by the fact that this line is pretty poor lol.

I would like to see Cutler, just once say " my bad" or " It was a terrible decision/ throw ".

But he doesn't, he's such a butt and premadonna. He's physically tough and smart but has zero mental toughness. He can't not take criticism, can not swallow his pride, then makes unnecessary comments like " we'll if they want a guy who doesn't care, I'm the wrong guy,* they need to find another QB *"

Maybe they should...

Cutler is a prima donna. Did you see how confident he was that the Bears were going to be all over the Packers in the interviews this week? He doesn't like the taste of having to eat crow.

He cried his way out of Denver . There is a history of bad attitude there. Of course, Bears fans are acting suprised at his behavior now, cause they think now that they have a good QB they are on a dynasy run . But a leopard don't change it's spots. He needs to be coddled and assured .

I'm happy I wasn't the only one who saw Cutler's interviews this week. He beat the crap out of us and thought he was the second coming of Tom Brady. He lacks the testicular fortitude needed to be a good NFL quarterback. He has the mental toughness of a 4 year old...I'm pretty sure his LT will have him busted wide open for the rest of the season lest he takes him out for a steak dinner with some good aged scotch....

Wasn't it Cutler that told Green Bay's CB's "Good Luck"? And wasn't it the Packers CB's that picked Cutler off? One including C. Woodson getting his 55th INT?

Lesson of the Week: Pull a Rex Ryan before the Game, & Bad things happen to your Team. I'm sure Cutler is somewhere in an Ice Tub after that game. That was just Manslaughter. It didn't look that bad on the scoreboard, only a 13 point Deficit. But if you watched the Game, it was a Crime being Committed on that field smh

they have a worse Oline than we do, I can't believe our D had difficulty bringing pressure against Cutler.

At least the Bears have a run game to speak of. Although, that might have more to do with Forte being an above average/very good back and making something out of nothing. (As opposed to O-line blocking)

The pass blocking is the same as ours. Equally putrid/non existant. I'd still take their O-line over ours. Ours is the worst in football. Again.

If Cutler had a solid Oline he would be crazy. But everytime he is under pressure he makes mistakes.

All QB's fold when there are folks directly in their face. It's just the elite QB's evade the folks, and/or their lines do a decent job a majority of the time.

We need to get pressure on the opposing QB without having to bring 5 or 6 every time. If we do, the 5 or 6 better get there or we'll be eaten alive.

At least the Bears have a run game to speak of. Although, that might have more to do with Forte being an above average/very good back and making something out of nothing. (As opposed to O-line blocking)

The pass blocking is the same as ours. Equally putrid/non existant. I'd still take their O-line over ours. Ours is the worst in football. Again.

We are bad on the O line, and we need to run or teams will just pin their ears back and get after Andrew every play. Oh, speaking of Bears and running, I heard Forte might have a high ankle sprain. Not good for the Bears.

Cutler is the ultimate MILLION DOLLAR ARM, but TEN CENT HEAD quarterback.

What an arm! I didn't see much of last night's game, but his deep passes against the Colts were beautiful. Not sure Luck can make some of those passes. But, I'm not sure he'll have to.

Someone in this thread said Cutler=Jeff George. Spot on! Great arm. Great physical talent. But, not the head or the personality to play the game at an elite level. He's got elite physical tools, but not mental tools. And with the sophistication and complexity of the NFL game, you've got to have the mental game. Cutler doesn't have it.

jay is very talented...but he has bad habits and he falls into them....

He holds the ball longer and longer (and he's not Big Ben) and he makes 'hero' throws.. where he tries to throw the ball through three defenders when nobody's open......he wont take the 'check down' throw....

that's why he's won one playof game with two teams in six full seasons....

Chicago is in an uproar on sportsradio...They thought they'd beat the Pack decisively..

......Andrew Luck....doesnt have Cutler's arm or experience..but he doenst have those 2 bad habits either..from what he showed in college..

We're better off in the long run that the Bears are...That's an good but old defense.. with no offensive line and a beaten up RB

You really would take their tackles over ours?...The Bears over the Colts OTs....really

You really would take their tackles over ours?...The Bears over the Colts OTs....really

The line as a whole, yes.

Some run blocking and no pass blocking > No run blocking and no pass blocking.

Again, it might be less on the run blocking side and more Forte just being a beast. I guess we'll find out since he's injured.

jay is very talented...but he has bad habits and he falls into them....

He holds the ball longer and longer (and he's not Big Ben) and he makes 'hero' throws.. where he tries to throw the ball through three defenders when nobody's open......he wont take the 'check down' throw....

that's why he's won one playof game with two teams in six full seasons....

Chicago is in an uproar on sportsradio...They thought they'd beat the Pack decisively..

......Andrew Luck....doesnt have Cutler's arm or experience..but he doenst have those 2 bad habits either..from what he showed in college..

We're better off in the long run that the Bears are...That's an good but old defense.. with no offensive line and a beaten up RB

Exactly.

If you're not a Scrambling QB, you're NOT gonna do anything with a Bad O-Line. When Brady played Tampa in the Pre-Season, that's the MOST I've seen Brady get hit in a Year.

It all just comes down to the Line. Now if he had a Line& played like he did last night, then yeah you could definitely say he flatout sucks. But he's an Average QB. Not too Good, Not too Bad..... Just Average

If you're not a Scrambling QB, you're NOT gonna do anything with a Bad O-Line. When Brady played Tampa in the Pre-Season, that's the MOST I've seen Brady get hit in a Year.

It all just comes down to the Line. Now if he had a Line& played like he did last night, then yeah you could definitely say he flatout sucks. But he's an Average QB. Not too Good, Not too Bad..... Just Average

To be fair..though..didnt we win the division and make the playoffs in 2010 with a bad line?

The line as a whole, yes.

Some run blocking and no pass blocking > No run blocking and no pass blocking.

Again, it might be less on the run blocking side and more Forte just being a beast. I guess we'll find out since he's injured.

Our line allowed Luck to throw for 300+ Yards & a TD. 2 of those 3 picks don't count imo cause they should've been Penalties. Yes, the stat book shows 3 picks so nothing we can do, but still.

I'll take our line over the Bears. Our line is still learning, the Bears line has already LEARNED that they Suck. Our line can improve, the Bears line won't improve unless FA or the Draft makes it that way

To be fair..though..didnt we win the division and make the playoffs in 2010 with a bad line?

Our o-line imo was not that mind (Mind you I'm not too bright on an O-line perspective. I just go by how long they allow you to stand upright)

Peyton looked pretty good that year, so I don't think they were that bad compared to our line now with Luck getting rattled