Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'll take Luck over Cutler anyday...anytime

haughvillian

Our line allowed Luck to throw for 300+ Yards & a TD. 2 of those 3 picks don't count imo cause they should've been Penalties. Yes, the stat book shows 3 picks so nothing we can do, but still.

I'll take our line over the Bears. Our line is still learning, the Bears line has already LEARNED that they Suck. Our line can improve, the Bears line won't improve unless FA or the Draft makes it that way

They were bad decisions, whether they're negated or not by penalty is null.

The one where the D-Lineman jumped offsides & he threw it up wasn't a Bad Decision..... almost EVERY QB does that. Yes it was underthrown, but it doesn't matter cause it was supposed to be a Free play. That play was not a Bad Decision

The one were the D-Lineman jumped offsides & he threw it up wasn't a Bad Decision..... almost EVERY QB does that. Yes it was underthrown, but it matter cause it was supposed to be a Free play. That play was not a Bad Decision

You can't count on the refs, especially when their day job is a high school teacher. It's a destructive way of thinking.

I didn't even like it when Peyton did it.

In some ways the should make offside a dead ball.

The one pick was a good decision, and should have been a free play. So...why not just throw it out there? QB's do it all the time. Luck, like 99.999% of people around the world, recognized the blatant offsides.

Of course the refs apparently didn't see it, and effectively screwed us over.

The other two INT's were bad decisions, yes.

The one pick was a good decision, and should have been a free play. So...why not just throw it out there? QB's do it all the time. Luck, like 99.999% of people around the world, recognized the blatant offsides.

Of course the refs apparently didn't see it, and effectively screwed us over.

The other two INT's were bad decisions, yes.

See above.

You can't count on the refs, especially when their day job is a high school teacher. It's a destructive way of thinking.

Well, that's the NFL's fault for not paying the Originals lol. But it was a Bad Missed call. How do you not see a 300+ lineman stand up & cross the Line of Scrimmage. But in all the other games, they're quick to pull the Yellow Flags for a False Start. But it's fine, cause Luck is gonna have a big game on sunday. I just feel it

Well, that's the NFL's fault for not paying the Originals lol. But it was a Bad Missed call. How do you not see a 300+ lineman stand up & cross the Line of Scrimmage. But in all the other games, they're quick to pull the Yellow Flags for a False Start. But it's fine, cause Luck is gonna have a big game on sunday. I just feel it

Let's hope your gut feeling is right this week. Last week it wasn't to great on the blowout part.

If you go 0-2 let's just hope your career doesn't involve gut feelings. ;) haha

Let's hope your gut feeling is right this week. Last week it wasn't to great on the blowout part.

If you go 0-2 let's just hope your career doesn't involve gut feelings. ;) haha

Nope, he'll have a Good Game. He'll watch Film & Arians is gonna give us more of the playbook to keep the Crowd in the Game for the Home opener. Watch what I say

I would tend to agree with you that Luck is the far better QB than Cutler, but in reality Luck has only played in 1 NFL game, and wasn't very good in that game. So I think the jury is still out on Luck, only time will tell if he becomes a great NFL QB, or another Ryan Leaf, hopefully that won't be the case, atleast Cutler was better than him!

Jay Cutler just seems like a frat daddy playing QB to me.

He's a talented player but he's overly confident in his abilities IMO and like a few have said, seems quick to absolve himself of any blame usually.

Ive seen enough of Cutler at this point to know id rather take a chance on a rookie like Griffin or Luck anyday of the week. You know what youre getting with Cutler . If I was a Bears fan I would be pulling my hair knowing what Cutler could be if he wasnt a jerk.

Edited by 21isSuperman
mod edit: language

JMF..

It just seemed like he mentally gave up and threw the ball into double and triple coverage..

..and why no WR screens or check downs to the RBs just to pick up 5 or 6 yards..

..very scary

..I am VERY confident about us vs. Minssota's secondary.....

We have to double block their star DE and we'll move the ball consistently.

we are going to be very much encouraged Sunday night

Edited by 21isSuperman

cutler = jeff george

He really is. Don't know what it is about southern Indiana producing QB's with supercomputer arms and Atari brains, but George, Cutler, and Grossman all got it. Grossman could've been a multiple Pro Bowler, but George and Cutler could've been all-time greats if their intangibles matched up to their physical gifts.

Cutler is the classic case of he believes his arm is SO good, he can thread a needle with it. This in turn leads him to throw interceptions when he throws into double coverage. Then he cries about his O-Line not giving him protection when he sits in the pocket for 10 seconds.

If I was that O-Lineman that he screamed at and pushed after that series, I would have let my defender have a free shot at him the very next series. Opps....sorry.

Cutler is the classic case of he believes his arm is SO good, he can thread a needle with it. This in turn leads him to throw interceptions when he throws into double coverage. Then he cries about his O-Line not giving him protection when he sits in the pocket for 10 seconds.

If I was that O-Lineman that he screamed at and pushed after that series, I would have let my defender have a free shot at him the very next series. Opps....sorry.

Cutler is the poster child for the saying "arm strength is not everything in QB play" just like JaMarcus Russell was, just with better credentials.

Reading defenses under pressure, maintaining poise and executing under pressure goes a longer way to being a better QB.

I have not like Cutler for years, from his interviews to his yelling at Rivers from across the field. I still say he tapped out in the NFC final playoff game when he sat on the sidelines in the 4th quarter. Why dont I like Cutler? Because he was born with a god given gift of an arm, but has no real love of football.

I'm happy I wasn't the only one who saw Cutler's interviews this week. He beat the crap out of us and thought he was the second coming of Tom Brady. He lacks the testicular fortitude needed to be a good NFL quarterback. He has the mental toughness of a 4 year old...I'm pretty sure his LT will have him busted wide open for the rest of the season lest he takes him out for a steak dinner with some good aged scotch....

Heck he should take me out for bustin on us haha, scotch is my absolute fav drink.

The Steelers have had a pretty bad line for a while now and and were still making it to the super bowl during some of the worst years. I credit that more to Roethlisberger though. My point being, you can overcome a bad line if you have a great QB, but its certainly not easy.