Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We lost because

RW87

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We lost because the Bears are one of the better teams in the league of the NFL if they stay healthy and the Colts are a team that is starting rebuilding playing game one with a bunch of rookies. Today should not have shocked a lot of people. The Bears are just a better team than the Colts are right now in all phases of the game and it showed.

quote name='RW87'

1) Couldn't stop Forte We didnt do great against the run but that didnt kill us.

2) Marshall was a beast BAH - so was Reggie IMO they offset each other

3) Our OL was garbage YES they were! for most of the game, but Luck threw for over 300 yards!

4) Cutler wasn't pressured at all after the 1st quarter Freeney took a dive and the pressure was over!

Sub-par performance but we will improve.

> 5) Luck over threw half a dozen wide open receivers and we had 5 turnovers - many because of him!

I agree things will Improve - hope we can get a win next week at home!

1) Couldn't stop Forte

2) Marshall was a beast

3) Our OL was garbage

4) Cutler wasn't pressured at all after the 1st quarter

Sub-par performance but we will improve.

The D is bad, but the Oline is what we really need to worry about. Seems like PM had pretty good protection his first year. Bad lines are what kills a QB's confidence and career.

Well, what happened was, that second game we got our butt kicked. Errr - the second half, we just got our butt totally kicked. We couldn’t do diddly...poo offensively. We couldn’t make a first down. We couldn’t run the ball; we didn’t try to run the ball. We couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked. The second half, we sucked. We couldn't stop the run. Every time they got the ball, they went down and got points. We got our butt totally kicked in the second half - that's what it boiled down to. It was a horse% performance in the second half. Horse%. I’m totally embarrassed and totally ashamed. Coaching did a horrible job. The players did a horrible job. We got our butt kicked in that second half. It sucked. It stunk.

#93 quit #72 should not be in an NFL uniform #4's shelf life has expired #31 cannot run between the tackles #80 is not catching on #74 is not earning his keep

31 scored one of two offensive touchdowns. # 80 caught 6 of 10 for 84 yards. #93 is a big dude and had an ankle injury, you run at full speed with an injury. It was incredibly windy in Chicago.

#93 quit #72 should not be in an NFL uniform #4's shelf life has expired #31 cannot run between the tackles #80 is not catching on #74 is not earning his keep

#93 suffered an ankle sprain. how is that quitting?

#4...well I disagree but he's definitely close

#31...yes he can, but not when there's 0 help from the OL

#80...how is he not catching on? He only had one pass go through his hands and it was an overthrown pass...still catchable, but overthrown none the less.

#74...did a solid job but did get beat by speed rushing...which was always the knock on him. Still, he's shown improvement from last year

#72...well this one I actually agree with you

5 turnovers will kill any team. Really the defense could have been better, but wasn't horrible IMO. The offense and special teams put them in a lot of bad situations. Andrew will only get better and we won't play many defenses as good as the Bears.

31 scored one of two offensive touchdowns. # 80 caught 6 of 10 for 84 yards. #93 is a big dude and had an ankle injury, you run at full speed with an injury. It was incredibly windy in Chicago.

You sure that was 6/10? I only saw one catchable pass (which was overthrown, but still catchable) that he didn't bring in. There was another that i believe was deflected by Urlacher. So ultimately I only saw one pass that was thrown towards Fleener that he should have caught but didn't.

#93 suffered an ankle sprain. how is that quitting?

#4...well I disagree but he's definitely close

#31...yes he can, but not when there's 0 help from the OL

#80...how is he not catching on? He only had one pass go through his hands and it was an overthrown pass...still catchable, but overthrown none the less.

#74...did a solid job but did get beat by speed rushing...which was always the knock on him. Still, he's shown improvement from last year

#72...well this one I actually agree with you

Exactly.

You sure that was 6/10? I only saw one catchable pass (which was overthrown, but still catchable) that he didn't bring in. There was another that i believe was deflected by Urlacher. So ultimately I only saw one pass that was thrown towards Fleener that he should have caught but didn't.

The stat sheet says he caught 6 and was targeted 10 times.

#93 sprained his ankle on the first or second play of the game according to Pagano. And he managed to gut it out for 2 or 3 possessions until he couldn't go no more so I don't see how that's quitting

The stat sheet says he caught 6 and was targeted 10 times.

gotcha...I was just curious where the numbers came from. :) That's what i hate about stats sometimes...just reading a baseline stat saying fleener caught 6 of 10 passes when he was targeted can be misleading. I think there was only one pass that was thrown his way that probably should have been caught but wasn't. :)

gotcha...I was just curious where the numbers came from. :) That's what i hate about stats sometimes...just reading a baseline stat saying fleener caught 6 of 10 passes when he was targeted can be misleading. I think there was only one pass that was thrown his way that probably should have been caught but wasn't. :)

Yeah that was my fault, I wasn't really clear. What you were saying is more accurate. :)

First learn walk..then learn fly..Nature's rule Daniel-san..not mine...

That really applies to the Colts...They are right now taking their first steps....it will take time to grow, just as anything else in life.

Some people forget that with anything new, it takes time to grow and develop...Give the Colts time. in the end, the rewards will be great.