• 37 replies
  4. Braylon Edwards

• 6 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 42 replies
  5. Thin, thin, thin

• 8 replies
  • SEASON TICKETS

2020 Season Tickets On Sale Now! Visit Colts.com to learn more.
    • That's fine.  Relative to what I was saying about comments relative to athleticism and arm talent, about 75% of the words you typed spoke to that aspect again, out of structure, about 25% of related to what he does while in the pocket, or during 5 seconds of structure.  In the NFL, the importance is reversed from what you're speaking of.  Just sayin.
    • He's great in the pocket when he's kept clean. He makes plays out of the pocket when the pocket collapses. He's one of the best QBs in this draft when it comes to pocket presence - he usually doesn't leave the pocket just to leave the pocket(sometimes Wilson and Mahomes would do this and make a play). IMO he's more Luck/Wentz-ish than Mahomes/Wilson in this particular aspect - he tries to stay in the pocket and navigates it expertly and make throws from the pocket, but once the pocket collapses he turns into Mahomes type that will escape the pocket and sling it, sometimes to his detriment. PFF had some great stats on that. I will try to find them - (returns after 5 minutes of searching with the info) The converted pressures to sacks for him was just 10.5%. This is elite level, especially when you consider how horrible his OLine was and under how much pressure he was. When he's kept clean and his receiver has even an ounce of separation he's been money - he's ranked no. 2 in the entire country in big time throws when his receiver has a step or more of separation with 23 big time throws and he has only 2 turnover worthy plays on such plays.    It's a bit counter-intuitive because what I'm saying is he has the ability to make plays out of structure but his grading comes down and his bad plays come predominantly when things collapse around him. This is IMO where the decision making needs to improve. Yes he makes the big time throws, yes he has enough plays out of structure to show you he can do it, but he also makes some headscratching decisions in those situations and he pushes his luck way too much out of structure and it results in bad plays and lowered efficiency(passer rating of only 51 under pressure). At least it did this year. 
    • Yeah I understand that. But if he has the work ethic and high football IQ I feel confident with Reich and this organization it will work out. We have a good organization.
    • Any player, especially a QB, can be a bust.   I’m not trying to align myself in any QB’s corner of this debate. I just think he’s probably the biggest boom or bust QB prospect.   I realize that there’s no sure thing though, and that you just have to scout and take a chance.
    • Agreed.  The issue I'm having with Love, and it may not even have to with him per se and more about what people like about him, is the description of how he throws on the run, etc.  Athleticism combined with arm talent.   Despite Mahomes being a unique QB, and Lamar being a different kind of QB, I still say the QB position is designed to be played from the pocket.     I simply haven't seen much discussion on Love's ability....or just as important willingness..... to stay in the pocket and go through his reads, then deliver the ball with great arm talent.  I'm sure there are highlights of that, but I want to know if he has a tendency to try to be Mahomes after staying in the pocket for 2 to 3 seconds and gets nervous trying to make a play when he may not have to.  Sometimes that can't be dialed back by a coach.  I just don't know about Love's prowess from the pocket on a consistent basis.  It just hasn't been talked about.
  • Topics