Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2012 falcons look like the 2005 colts

CR91

anyone else think so? I mean the build of the team just looks so similar to our 05 team. matt ryan looks like a young peyton with how he approaches the game. similar weapons with white and jones (not saying as good just similar) and pounding rb with speed in turner which was just like james and a defense that looks much improve like ours were in 05.

anyone else think so? I mean the build of the team just looks so similar to our 05 team. matt ryan looks like a young peyton with how he approaches the game. similar weapons with white and jones (not saying as good just similar) and pounding rb with speed in turner which was just like james and a defense that looks much improve like ours were in 05.

the diffrence is edgerrin james was one of the top 2 rb's in the nfl at the time with tomlinson. turner is at the end of his career but everything else i on point.

In 2005 the Colts were killing everybody, even good teams. Atlanta hasn't beaten a team with a winning record yet and they're even coming from behind in some cases. I will agree with you about Matt Ryan, when they played Denver he looked more like Peyton than Peyton did that game. I really think he is primed to become an elite QB very very soon.

I see the similarities. 2 superstar WR"s with a Great TE in the middle. Michael Turner kind of reminds me of Dominic Rhodes way more than Edj. But I would say that last years Packers looked a lot more like the 2005 Colts than any team I have ever observed.

They remind me more of the 2009 Colts. There are weaknesses on this Falcons team (run game/run D like the 2009 Colts) but so far they are finding ways to win just like those Colts. Also like the 2009 Colts they are beating the weaker AFC West like in 2009 the Colts beat up on a weaker NFC West. So I suppose it remains to be seen if the Falcons can keep this win streak going all year and also get to the SB. And if they get to the SB can they win it unlike the 2009 Colts. An added motivation for the Falcons to be in and win the SB would be to do it in their hated rivals house in New Orleans.

Last years Packers used to remind me of the 2005 Colts based on the one and done/the 13-0 start before losing to an AFC West team and the death of a coaches son. Only problem is our 2005 team was still much more balanced as a team then last years Pack. . All last years Pack had was a lethal passing game and the D lived and died on turnovers. The 2011 Pack had similarities in a lot of ways to the 2010 Patriots and both went one and done to a NY team and had the MVP.

lol if this makes any sense.

They remind me more of the 2009 Colts. There are weaknesses on this Falcons team (run game/run D like the 2009 Colts) but so far they are finding ways to win just like those Colts. Also like the 2009 Colts they are beating the weaker AFC West like in 2009 the Colts beat up on a weaker NFC West. So I suppose it remains to be seen if the Falcons can keep this win streak going all year and also get to the SB. And if they get to the SB can they win it unlike the 2009 Colts. An added motivation for the Falcons to be in and win the SB would be to do it in their hated rivals house in New Orleans.

Last years Packers used to remind me of the 2005 Colts based on the one and done/the 13-0 start before losing to an AFC West team and the death of a coaches son. Only problem is our 2005 team was still much more balanced as a team then last years Pack. . All last years Pack had was a lethal passing game and the D lived and died on turnovers. The 2011 Pack had similarities in a lot of ways to the 2010 Patriots and both went one and done to a NY team and had the MVP.

lol if this makes any sense.

haha you made perfect sense. Couldn't agree more.

And mark my words. The one team the Saints fans are paranoid over and have been for weeks is the Falcons. They can't stand the thought of Matty Ice playing for a title in their dome and they have always dumped on him. And when they hear he is a strong MVP candidate I think they almost want to break large objects since Brees never got MVP and Saints fans believe he has been robbed of MVP before.

There is a lot between the Saints/Falcons.

So in some ways it is like us last year stumbling around all season watching NE win and saying "Ahhhhh noooo not them in our house for the big one Anyone but THEM."

Oops.

Guess we'll see who makes it in January........

And mark my words. The one team the Saints fans are paranoid over and have been for weeks is the Falcons. They can't stand the thought of Matty Ice playing for a title in their dome and they have always dumped on him. And when they hear he is a strong MVP candidate I think they almost want to break large objects since Brees never got MVP and Saints fans believe he has been robbed of MVP before.

There is a lot between the Saints/Falcons.

So in some ways it is like us last year stumbling around all season watching NE win and saying "Ahhhhh noooo not them in our house for the big one Anyone but THEM."

Oops.

Guess we'll see who makes it in January........

my early prediction was falcons vs ravens and Im sticking to it

my early prediction was falcons vs ravens and Im sticking to it

lol someone once told me the Saints fans hate the Ravens too. I don't know much about that one though......

Heck nothing might suprise me anymore the way this season is going. I don't have a SB prediction anymore. haha.

The one team I think any fanbase could hate is NE. NE makes the SB and the host cities fans go, "Oh God no, why us? What did we do to deserve this?". lmao

lol someone once told me the Saints fans hate the Ravens too. I don't know much about that one though......

Heck nothing might suprise me anymore the way this season is going. I don't have a SB prediction anymore. haha.

The one team I think any fanbase could hate is NE. NE makes the SB and the host cities fans go, "Oh God no, why us? What did we do to deserve this?". lmao

The Saints fans hate everyone, it seems. They even hate us, and our teams don't like each other particularly well either lol. I like NE though...except for week 14. Then I hate them. haha

In 2005 the Colts were killing everybody, even good teams. Atlanta hasn't beaten a team with a winning record yet and they're even coming from behind in some cases. I will agree with you about Matt Ryan, when they played Denver he looked more like Peyton than Peyton did that game. I really think he is primed to become an elite QB very very soon.

actually they did beat San Diego who was 2-0 at the time and Denver who was 1-0. both had a winning record and both are capable of winning their division. and honestly denver is capable of making the superbowl. there really is no clear favorite in the AFC to get to the superbowl.

The Saints fans hate everyone, it seems. They even hate us, and our teams don't like each other particularly well either lol. I like NE though...except for week 14. Then I hate them. haha

Well then, that is just added good karma for the Texans chances lol.

Probably you are right, most teams are on their hate list right now.