Photo

Joe Haden an Option for Colts?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#1 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 11002 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

Everyone says they want us to have an Elite CB. Soo, why not get Joe Haden? Maybe Trade for him or Find out when his Contract is up. This is just a Suggestion, probably won't happen. But hey, we can all Dream right? He's sitting on a Team (Browns) that isn't any Competition & isnt going anywhere even with the Additions of Weeden & Richardson. But what do you guys think about this?
"I differ what they prefer, so they count me like the census"

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Andy

Andy
  • 8891 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:27 PM

I always find trading for elite talent an unrealistic situation.

The Browns would never, and I mean never, ever trade Haden.

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#3 ColtJ82

ColtJ82
  • 1297 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

Well, he is signed through 2015 on a $50 million contract starting in 2010. He is entering his 3rd year and has been relatively solid. Why in the world would the Browns want to trade him?

#4 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 11002 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

Both make GOOD Points. But like I said, it was just a Dream lol. But no Question he is One of the BEST CB's in the NFL & would Solidify our Secondary

#5 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13495 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:34 PM

Are there are reports that the Browns are even interested in trading Haden? Just because we might want someone doesn't mean the other team is willing to trade him. Both parties have to be interested in trade for it to happen.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#6 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 14558 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

Haden is one of the better players on the Browns. They won't trade him away.
When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#7 chad72

chad72
  • 9256 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

Did Chris Johnson, former Raiders' CB, sign with the Jets yet? Just curious if he is still available, he was interviewing with the Jets.

#8 Nobody

Nobody
  • 5264 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

I wish haha
I will delete this when the new Colts win a Super Bowl.

Come on boys, let's get rid of the rest of my sig!

#9 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 11002 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

I wish haha

That's EXACTLY what I was doing when I created this Topic "Wishing". But hey, it's nothing wrong with Wishing

#10 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 11002 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

Did Chris Johnson, former Raiders' CB, sign with the Jets yet? Just curious if he is still available, he was interviewing with the Jets.

Dont see him on their roster. So I'm guessing no unless they just havent updated the Roster on NFL.com

#11 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 8091 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:09 PM

Remember, the Browns didn't just use a #1 pick to take Haden.... they used a high #1.... if memory serves, a 7th overall....

He's a building block for them. So, for us to pry him loose it's not going to happen for our #1 next year. The Browns would need to have their socks knocked off. Let's not go there.

Patience. This won't be built overnight. It won't be built by this time next year. It's just not. This was a tear-down and a rebuild. That takes time. Hopefully we have the GM/HC to do it right. I think they've taken the right first steps.

Don't drive yourself crazy playing the 'what if' game..... it rarely ends up working out as you hope....

Just my $.02.....

NCF

#12 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 10827 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

While were at it, lets get a rime machine and go back and get Deion and night train lane in their prime

#13 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 6638 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

While were at it, lets get a rime machine and go back and get Deion and night train lane in their prime

And rod woodson

#14 buccolts

buccolts
  • 2108 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

Both make GOOD Points. But like I said, it was just a Dream lol. But no Question he is One of the BEST CB's in the NFL & would Solidify our Secondary

Oh, well then, let's do it.
I'm in.

BTW, didn't someone else already start a DREAM thread?
That one was actually quite entertaining.

Was there an announcer in your Haden dream?
Just wonderin'
What you've just said is one of the most insanely *ic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#15 esmort

esmort
  • 1417 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:23 AM

This makes absolutely no sense! ... Why would a team that is in a similar situation(building vs. a significant rebuild) as the Colts give up one of their best players, only to be in the same situation as the Colts; sifting through FA's trying to find a band aid ... we should see if they would throw in Joe Thomas while we are at it. :facepalm:

#16 MAC

MAC

"It was a dark and stormy night"

• 4767 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:35 AM

The basis of your dream seems to be that the Browns have no will to compete, nor any expectation of success - ever. In actuality the Browns may well be a much better team than the Colts next year (if perhaps limited by being in a better division). There is no point in even dreaming about them trading away their foundation players. We aren't talking about the Washington Generals here (although sometimes it seems like it).

#17 MKDK

MKDK
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:00 AM

Why did I even click on this topic...

#18 mark5362

mark5362
  • 387 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:15 AM

Not gonna happen.

#19 dgambill

dgambill
  • 3315 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:10 AM

Here is a reason....they had a better record then us and he is a building block of their team. Why don't we trade Andrew Luck to Arizona. We aren't going anywhere and they need an upgrade to qb. I mean clearly there is no reason not to since they need him and we aren't as good. He will just be wasted here. I don't know why we bother with this stuff. I should learn to ignore these topics. I was stupid enough to think that we were talking about some other Joe Haden. Topics like this should have a Madden symbol in front of them. Like the only universe this would happen is on a video game.

#20 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7281 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

Everyone says they want us to have an Elite CB. Soo, why not get Joe Haden? Maybe Trade for him or Find out when his Contract is up. This is just a Suggestion, probably won't happen. But hey, we can all Dream right? He's sitting on a Team (Browns) that isn't any Competition & isnt going anywhere even with the Additions of Weeden & Richardson. But what do you guys think about this?

Why stop at Haden? Let's get Revis too!

Salary cap, nothing to trade, just minor details.

#21 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 15839 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

No
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#22 CjMcGirt23

CjMcGirt23
  • 587 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

Posted Image

"You guys talkin bout me?"
CjMcGirt23

#23 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

I dont think the colts need to give upp any draft picks for a guy. they need to just start concentrating on drafting talent. this years draft was mostly offense, maybe next years draft will be mostly defense. Montei Te'o anyone? and if not te'o then get Honey Badger Mathieu for the secondary.

Believe In Blue!!!

#24 coltsfanatic24

coltsfanatic24
  • 3031 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:34 AM

haden is a top 5 cb in the nfl and no way the browns trade him. if they did decide to trade him he would cost us bethea,fleener,2nd round pick, and maybe a cb in return.

#25 Ryan Pelley

Ryan Pelley
  • 330 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

Yeah, it's just that easy. A random elite player who the team doesn't even want to trade. But sure, the Colts can just trade for him if they want.

#26 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 8091 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

haden is a top 5 cb in the nfl and no way the browns trade him. if they did decide to trade him he would cost us bethea,fleener,2nd round pick, and maybe a cb in return.

Honestly, I think he'd cost us much, much more than that. He was picked in the top-10 of the draft. We haven't offered any top 10 players in your trade proposal. I think the Browns would ask for at least two 1st round picks... and likely more than that.

Just my hunch from following the draft for 45 years.... (I started following when I was very young!)

Just my $.02....

NCF

#27 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13495 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:49 AM

Honestly, I think he'd cost us much, much more than that. He was picked in the top-10 of the draft. We haven't offered any top 10 players in your trade proposal. I think the Browns would ask for at least two 1st round picks... and likely more than that.

Just my hunch from following the draft for 45 years.... (I started following when I was very young!)

Just my $.02....

NCF

Unless your name is aaron Rodgers no one has that much value. Draft picks are like gold to teams. I think it's far more likely they would just say we have no interest in trading him.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#28 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 8091 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:14 AM

Unless your name is aaron Rodgers no one has that much value. Draft picks are like gold to teams. I think it's far more likely they would just say we have no interest in trading him.

You may be right. But all I was trying to suggest to the poster was that his offer to Cleveland for Haden wasn't nearly enough. And sometimes teams say "we have no interest in trading player 'x' " by saying "OK, you want him? Here's what it's going to cost you...... "

By the way, RG3 is *not* Aaron Rodgers, at least, not yet. And he commanded three 1's and a 2. Now, you can argue the QB position is at a super premium these days. I get that. But the Falcons traded up a year ago for WR Julio Jones and paid a boat load in draft picks. That started with two 1's and then added on. You just never know what some teams will be willing to do.....

Just food for thought....

NewColtsFan

#29 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13495 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

You may be right. But all I was trying to suggest to the poster was that his offer to Cleveland for Haden wasn't nearly enough. And sometimes teams say "we have no interest in trading player 'x' " by saying "OK, you want him? Here's what it's going to cost you...... "

By the way, RG3 is *not* Aaron Rodgers, at least, not yet. And he commanded three 1's and a 2. Now, you can argue the QB position is at a super premium these days. I get that. But the Falcons traded up a year ago for WR Julio Jones and paid a boat load in draft picks. That started with two 1's and then added on. You just never know what some teams will be willing to do.....

Just food for thought....

NewColtsFan

The second overall pick was worth that much. Yes we all knew what the Redskins were going to do with it but history has shown us once a player is drafted the value goes down from there.

I'll change my statement a bit as I remember Cutler was worth two draft picks a third pick and a player and clearly he's no Aaron Rodgers either. Franchise QBs are about the only players you see traded for that much value.

Corners you don't. Teams either just say no we aren't interested in trading them or they got for lesser picks. You have to be a franchise player or have another team think you are going to be a franchise player in order to get more than first round pick out of a team. While Joe Haden is a very good player he's not a franchise player by himself.

Again I think it's far more likely the Browns would just say we aren't interested in trading him. We can come up with mock trades all day and then talk about if those mock trades are good enough or not but in the end none of them really matter because I honestly doubt the Browns are interested in trading Haden in the first place and on that point I think you and me agree.

#30 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 16415 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

Corners you don't. Teams either just say no we aren't interested in trading them or they got for lesser picks. You have to be a franchise player or have another team think you are going to be a franchise player in order to get more than first round pick out of a team.

Last big time trade for a corner that I remember was Champ Bailey and a 2nd rounder for Clinton Portis. And that was 8 years ago. There might be others between now and then that I don't remember. But trades for high profile corners aren't common.
LET'S HUNT

#31 Buck Showalter

Buck Showalter
  • 2239 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

Its a long off season...

#32 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13495 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

Last big time trade for a corner that I remember was Champ Bailey and a 2nd rounder for Clinton Portis. And that was 8 years ago. There might be others between now and then that I don't remember. But trades for high profile corners aren't common.

Right that's still not mutlipal first round picks which is what I was getting at. Normally to get mutlipal first round picks out of a team that guy has to be seen as a guy who can be the franchise guy. Even then if a guy is truly a franchise guy most of the time the team that has him wont trade him at all. I am not saying that top corners have no value at all I am just saying teams won't give up mutlipal first round picks for one.

#33 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 16415 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

Right that's still not mutlipal first round picks which is what I was getting at. Normally to get mutlipal first round picks out of a team that guy has to be seen as a guy who can be the franchise guy. Even then if a guy is truly a franchise guy most of the time the team that has him wont trade him at all. I am not saying that top corners have no value at all I am just saying teams won't give up mutlipal first round picks for one.

Yeah, I agree. Just lending to your point, there's a reason top flight corners almost never get traded.
LET'S HUNT

#34 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13495 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

Yeah, I agree. Just lending to your point, there's a reason top flight corners almost never get traded.

Yep I agree I think that's something we all agree about we can offer anything we want but the browns aren't interested in trading Haden.

#35 Phil J

Phil J
  • 921 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

bump for the new rumor.

@akacoltsnation
Hearing talk of the #colts sending a 2nd round draft pick to the #browns for cb Joe Haden #COLTSTRONG

lets see if Knight was prophetic.
I once scored four touchdowns in a single game to clinch the 1966 City Championship for Polk High

#36 TMPHBITEU

TMPHBITEU
  • 346 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:21 AM

bump for the new rumor.

@akacoltsnation
Hearing talk of the #colts sending a 2nd round draft pick to the #browns for cb Joe Haden #COLTSTRONG

lets see if Knight was prophetic.

Seriously, this is the equivalent of me posting the following on twitter: "Hearing talk of the #Colts sending a 3rd round pick to the #Jets for CB Darrelle Revis #COLSTRONG". Come on..
He wondered, as he had many times wondered before, whether he himself was a lunatic. Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

#37 Phil J

Phil J
  • 921 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:27 AM

Seriously, this is the equivalent of me posting the following on twitter: "Hearing talk of the #Colts sending a 3rd round pick to the #Jets for CB Darrelle Revis #COLSTRONG". Come on..

but you didn't. this guy did. he started the rumor. its out there, and that's why its getting a bump. makes for interesting fodder. lighten up.
I once scored four touchdowns in a single game to clinch the 1966 City Championship for Polk High

#38 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 11002 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

Wow, this was one of my VERY 1st posted Topics. Who would've thought that months later.......... it could be a Realty??

#39 Phil J

Phil J
  • 921 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:31 AM

LOL at you. someone beat you to the punch:

Fantasy Expert@MrFantasyExpert
SOURCE: #Colts working on a trade to acquire #Jets CB Darrelle Revis. Jets to receive Colts 2013 2nd rounder. Revis gets extension + $. 9h ago

#40 TMPHBITEU

TMPHBITEU
  • 346 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

but you didn't. this guy did. he started the rumor. its out there, and that's why its getting a bump. makes for interesting fodder. lighten up.

You missed the point. Some random Colts fan posts a probable troll comment on twitter and suddenly it's worthy of being posted on here as a credible rumor. This guy is probably sitting right now behind his keyboard laughing his butt off.
He wondered, as he had many times wondered before, whether he himself was a lunatic. Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates