Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reports: Phillip Dorsett available for Trade

TKnight24

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know why anyone would be surprised or shaking heads.  He hasn't done much while here.  For a first round draft pick, Dorsett was very disappointing.  Colts will probably get no more than a low draft pick for him.  If it happens then good riddance...we have plenty of other receiver options here to replace what little Dorsett gave us.

Just now, will426 said:

I hope he shows out but even if he does ST wouldn't be able to throw him the ball with the accuracy he has lol..

I'm not sure he has the arm strength to go deep to Dorsett consistently either, though he had a good game vs the Steelers with Dorsett. With Kelly out, it will cause him to have less time to throw though.

Why would anyone trade anything valuable for him? Not like he's lit it up 

Just keep him and get him out of here after this year. I'd be shocked if we got anything valuable for him, but if someone is willing to offer something decent then get him out of town.

Interesting...

Maybe I'm overly optimistic about anybody wearing the horseshoe, but I've thought to myself (whenever someone brings up trading Dorsett, which is fairly often on the forum) that it doesn't seem to make sense.

I generally thought that his potential value as a reciever, coupled with a cheap rookie contract would keep him here, at least through this season. Of course, that depends on what the offer is... I think a 3rd round pick is probably where I'd put his value, but I'm sure that the rest of the league thinks it's less and he will probably be shipped for a 5th and conditional 7th. 

There might be some interesting player for player deals that will be discussed... Tennessee would probably be a good trade partner if they weren't in our division. 

1 minute ago, IinD said:

Just keep him and get him out of here after this year. I'd be shocked if we got anything valuable for him, but if someone is willing to offer something decent then get him out of town.

See Trent Richardson trade deal... lol.  Gotta be a sucker somewhere out there

7 minutes ago, IinD said:

Anything will be better than nothing 

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Interesting...

Maybe I'm overly optimistic about anybody wearing the horseshoe, but I've thought to myself (whenever someone brings up trading Dorsett, which is fairly often on the forum) that it doesn't seem to make sense.

I generally thought that his potential value as a reciever, coupled with a cheap rookie contract would keep him here, at least through this season. Of course, that depends on what the offer is... I think a 3rd round pick is probably where I'd put his value, but I'm sure that the rest of the league thinks it's less and he will probably be shipped for a 5th and conditional 7th. 

There might be some interesting player for player deals that will be discussed... Tennessee would probably be a good trade partner if they weren't in our division. 

Tennessee just drafted Corey Davis 5th overall this year, they don't need Dorsett. They also have Rishard Mathews coming off a decent year and Delanie Walker as well as Eric Decker who is looking great right now. WR is surprisingly low on their list of needs.

6 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

See Trent Richardson trade deal... lol.  Gotta be a sucker somewhere out there

Agreed.

I'm just thinking if it's for one of those useless 7th rd type picks then don't even bother.

25 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Would be happy with a 4th rounder at this point for him. With Luck and Kelly out for a bit, it makes it even less likely he'll improve in the regular season this year.

Any GM that gives us a 4th rounder for him will be in the same boat Grigson was in this offseason. I'm guessing we would be lucky to get a 6th rounder for him at best. 

Just now, ar1888 said:

Any GM that gives us a 4th rounder for him will be in the same boat Grigson was in this offseason. 

With injuries in training camp and preseason, I think it's a possibility. You can't always just believe the obvious solution is the correct solution. Nothing gets accomplished that way.