Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Luck hits the PUP list, will you still watch the first 6 games?

Yoshinator

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Not single person mentioned above there determines such a timetable.  The doctorand medical team together do that.  It is totally out of Luck's, the Owner, GM, and coaches hands. Unfortunately for fans, the medical care of patients is not restricted to timetable dates like pre-season games, regular season start times, PUP list deadlines, etc... or anything football related.

Healing is like someone very slowly turning up the rheostat on the dining room chandelier.  It's a slow process (not at all like flipping a light switch from off to on) and no two people do it at exactly the same rate.  Timetables are educated estimates based upon the ranges found from thousands of people who have suffered and healed / recovered from the same malady.  Patients must fulfill post operative rehab program goals before being 'cleared' or 'released', and that can and does vary. 

Some things that contribute to the differences? Extent and location of the injury.  Skill of physician performing reconstruction or repair.  Skill of the Post Op medical team - physical therapist / athletic trainer, etc... , and finally the patient themselves- how fast natural healing/recovery occurs and their dedication to aggressively pursuing and completing assigned rehab exercises.

No one on a medical team is going to proclaim a confirmed date way in advance for the team to announce, then have to backtrack and explain to the team Owner/GM/Coaches they need to tell the fans they were wrong in the timetable, should a setback in recovery occur ( and yes, they can and do happen, as much as everyone tries everything to avoid it ). Now certainly the team knows things we don't like how far along in the rehab he is, if there are anything impacting the schedule, and what still needs to be achieved before getting 'cleared'.  These things are somewhat fluid, and not something the team will reveal as confirmed dates and be held to should the projection not be met. .  I'm sorry, but is the way I see it happening

Yes, no question I'll watch.  I'm a fan of the Colts, not just Luck, or Peyton before him.  I'll wait for the medical team to tell Irsay/Ballard/Pagano when to inform fans when Luck's return is imminent. Until then, I'll watch the Colts any chance I get, whether Luck is back sooner, or later.

In my experience some guys need to be shelved longer or they will get hurt worse

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Of course I will watch.   And the team doesn't need to let the fans know anything yet.  They might not be sure themselves yet

This and some more of this.

First off, the thread itself is mind-numbing.

Secondly, and to your point, they may not have the exact timeline for his return yet themselves.  So if they say he will be good to go for the opener and he has a set back of any kind, what good does announcing anything now do for them?

Really bad analogy - When you go out to dinner, isn't it much better to be told there is a 30 minute wait time by the hostess and then be surprised when it is only 15 rather than being quoted those same 30 minutes and still not have a table an hour later?

Personally i think the Monday after one of the first two preseason games will be interesting.  Those have been generally times when guys who will be ready for week 1 come off the PUP list.

11 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The title says it all. I know I will gain some heat for this, but I don't care. I want to watch this season real bad, and I'm extremely excited about all the new players on the team (from the draft and FA's), the thing that upsets me is that Luck, the Coaches, the GM, and the Owner think so little of the fans, and think they so dumb, that they do not deserve an update on Luck's timetable to return and just take it for granted that we'll still watch and buy tickets. I'm a loyal Colts fan, and wouldn't mind weathering the storm without Luck as one because injuries can happen and you have to take the good with the bad, but nobody on the team can even tell us when he is returning, if he is going on the PUP list, or any sort of info that isn't "speculation" from the media. Irsay seems to be taking the fans for granted and figures they'll just show up anyway because they are mindless sheep who will buy whatever he tells them and come to games and watch them no matter what. Every other player that is relevant with an injury on every team has some sort of timetable, whether the injury is short or long. The only one that doesn't is Luck. It's a spit in the face to every fan that wants to be excited about the season, and can't now because of a simple lack of information.

So my question is, are you going to watch the first six games? I don't know if I will yet, because I don't feel like being someone that Irsay and the rest of the higher ups feels is an inferior being that doesn't deserve some simple info. Tear me up if you want, I don't care, but at least give a solid response either way. I think we should be treated with a decent amount of respect as fans.

Jared, I generally like your posts (although it seems like a long time since you've posted).  But I have to say, this post just seems like whining from a snowflake who thinks they are entitled to anything they desire.  The team does not have to give a timetable to the fans, to the NFL to anyone.  Additionally, as with a lot of injuries, Luck may have to reach a certain milestone to come up with a time table but the there is no timetable to reach that milestone.

Either watch the Colts or don't watch the Colts but don't complain about the team not giving you the information you want for a as you think about spending  a few dollars.

12 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The title says it all. I know I will gain some heat for this, but I don't care. I want to watch this season real bad, and I'm extremely excited about all the new players on the team (from the draft and FA's), the thing that upsets me is that Luck, the Coaches, the GM, and the Owner think so little of the fans, and think they so dumb, that they do not deserve an update on Luck's timetable to return and just take it for granted that we'll still watch and buy tickets. I'm a loyal Colts fan, and wouldn't mind weathering the storm without Luck as one because injuries can happen and you have to take the good with the bad, but nobody on the team can even tell us when he is returning, if he is going on the PUP list, or any sort of info that isn't "speculation" from the media. Irsay seems to be taking the fans for granted and figures they'll just show up anyway because they are mindless sheep who will buy whatever he tells them and come to games and watch them no matter what. Every other player that is relevant with an injury on every team has some sort of timetable, whether the injury is short or long. The only one that doesn't is Luck. It's a spit in the face to every fan that wants to be excited about the season, and can't now because of a simple lack of information.

So my question is, are you going to watch the first six games? I don't know if I will yet, because I don't feel like being someone that Irsay and the rest of the higher ups feels is an inferior being that doesn't deserve some simple info. Tear me up if you want, I don't care, but at least give a solid response either way. I think we should be treated with a decent amount of respect as fans.

Um yeah, if i can manage to watch Curtis Painter, I can deal with anyone....

12 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Exactly, even with Ballard at the helm, this could be another wasted year. I just wish we would get some sort of info, either way. I just want honesty. It doesn't all have to be good news, I just appreciate the honesty from someone like a Ballard or Irsay once in a while.

11 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Well, the QB is the most important individual player of a team, especially one like Luck. When he falls, the rest of the pyramid crumbles. Tolzien better play like Warner did when he took over, or we'll be out before Luck enters. I'd be much more inclined to watch if we were told about Luck's status. That's the whole point of this thread. Irsay won't tell us, and he expects us to fall in line. I don't like that.

Colts GM Chris Ballard very recently told Stephen Holder of the Indianapolis Star that QB Andrew Luck (shoulder) will be off the team’s physically unable to perform list by the start of the regular season.

This hints to me the Doctors and Therapists believe Luck is on track to complete his rehab in the near future.  Maybe not in time to be ready to practice for Game 1, but if not, likely shortly thereafter.  That is what i see between the lines.

Luck - “It’s hard for me to look beyond, really, today’s rehab session,” Luck said, via Dakota Crawford of the Indianapolis Star. “That’s the approach I have to take … if you want to get truly healthy. If you want to get better than you were before the injury.”

“There’s no reason to freak out,” Luck said. “I don’t know what day it’s going to be, I don’t know what week, I don’t know when, but I definitely will be (better).”

This was very recent info provided.  Exactly what more do you want? definite dates and times? not happening.  Not until the doc/med team clears him.

Be patient, you will be able to tell some things later this month when Luck is either lifted off the PUP, or an alternative path needs to be pursued.  This will be driven by Luck's rehab progress and completion of the rehab goals; whenever that happens.

But the team can't say what is not theirs to say in the first place.  And they won't get absolute projections from the med team.  Just a time frame range for certain targets to be achieved. When exactly Luck does reach them as rehab advances, nobody can truly predict for certain. Even the patient doesn't know for sure, as Luck admits above.  He just knows he is getting better each day and advancing further down the road. Until you realize this, you will continue to be disappointed, and no cure in sight.

9 hours ago, Superman said:

Yes I will.

I don't understand why people think the Cols should make any kind of announcement about Luck five weeks before the season starts. It's like booking a vacation at a resort and demanding they tell you what the weather will be like.

I think Supes coated this post in awesome sauce before he hit Submit Reply...  

I'll definitely be watching. I can never get enough of watching the Colts, good or bad. The only sport, or league, I get tired of is the NBA, but that's just because they play so many games throughout the season. I cherish each and every week of the football season.

Is there any reason for concern other than the team not giving updates? I thought it was generally accepted that we would have no idea whether Luck would be playing or not right up until the end of the preseason anyways.

18 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Colts GM Chris Ballard very recently told Stephen Holder of the Indianapolis Star that QB Andrew Luck (shoulder) will be off the team’s physically unable to perform list by the start of the regular season.

This hints to me the Doctors and Therapists believe Luck is on track to complete his rehab in the near future.  Maybe not in time to be ready to practice for Game 1, but if not, likely shortly thereafter.  That is what i see between the lines.

Luck - “It’s hard for me to look beyond, really, today’s rehab session,” Luck said, via Dakota Crawford of the Indianapolis Star. “That’s the approach I have to take … if you want to get truly healthy. If you want to get better than you were before the injury.”

“There’s no reason to freak out,” Luck said. “I don’t know what day it’s going to be, I don’t know what week, I don’t know when, but I definitely will be (better).”

This was very recent info provided.  Exactly what more do you want? definite dates and times? not happening.  Not until the doc/med team clears him.

Be patient, you will be able to tell some things later this month when Luck is either lifted off the PUP, or an alternative path needs to be pursued.  This will be driven by Luck's rehab progress and completion of the rehab goals; whenever that happens.

But the team can't say what is not theirs to say in the first place.  And they won't get absolute projections from the med team.  Just a time frame range for certain targets to be achieved. When exactly Luck does reach them as rehab advances, nobody can truly predict for certain. Even the patient doesn't know for sure, as Luck admits above.  He just knows he is getting better each day and advancing further down the road. Until you realize this, you will continue to be disappointed, and no cure in sight.

Thank you for a good response.

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

In my experience some guys need to be shelved longer or they will get hurt worse

It's true, and especially so when you are talking about a 140 million dollar NFL franchise quarterback and his golden shoulder/arm. You will be sure he is past a point where a return to play can't re injure him and cause long term detrimental effects. And the Colts will make sure the med team clears him at 100% before returning him to team drills.At that point, any subsequent injury is from a new impact, and not caused from aggravating a still susceptible old wound.

25 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I'll definitely be watching. I can never get enough of watching the Colts, good or bad. The only sport, or league, I get tired of is the NBA, but that's just because they play so many games throughout the season. I cherish each and every week of the football season.

Is there any reason for concern other than the team not giving updates? I thought it was generally accepted that we would have no idea whether Luck would be playing or not right up until the end of the preseason anyways.

I've been concerned about Luck for about a year now. The updates just help me prepare with what is about to come. This way I know what to expect in the beginning of the season. If Luck doesn't play, I'm okay with that, I would still watch. My problem is that it's being kept quiet, not even any tidbits except Luck is at practice, when the only real advantage is that Wade Phillips would have to prepare for both Luck and Tolzien. It's only one team (if Luck gets put on the PUP list, everyone one else we face after the Rams will know), and Wade will prepare for both anyway. It seems like such a minuscule advantage that isn't even a advantage to keep things quiet. Wade Phillips is a bad "one person" to try and trick, IMO.

Of course I'll watch as many games as I can.  I am going to the home opener.  It'll still be fun!  With that being said, without Luck, we'll get to see what the rest of the team is made of.  The back up quarterback makes me really nervous.  It's still early though, I don't think it's a horrible thing if Luck doesn't play in 3 or all of the pre season games.  He is throwing and his on schedule as of now.  Next step is practicing, hopefully that will come soon.

1 minute ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Of course I'll watch as many games as I can.  I am going to the home opener.  It'll still be fun!  With that being said, without Luck, we'll get to see what the rest of the team is made of.  The back up quarterback makes me really nervous.  It's still early though, I don't think it's a horrible thing if Luck doesn't play in 3 or all of the pre season games.  He is throwing and his on schedule as of now.  Next step is practicing, hopefully that will come soon.

I hope you have a lot of fun! Let us know what you see.

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I've been concerned about Luck for about a year now. The updates just help me prepare with what is about to come. This way I know what to expect in the beginning of the season. If Luck doesn't play, I'm okay with that, I would still watch. My problem is that it's being kept quiet, not even any tidbits except Luck is at practice, when the only real advantage is that Wade Phillips would have to prepare for both Luck and Tolzien. It's only one team (if Luck gets put on the PUP list, everyone one else we face after the Rams will know), and Wade will prepare for both anyway. It seems like such a minuscule advantage that isn't even a advantage to keep things quiet. Wade Phillips is a bad "one person" to try and trick, IMO.

Oh I've thought Luck being ready for the regular season has been up in the air for a long time as well. I very much disagreed with him playing when it seemed apparent that there were very real rumblings about surgery being necessary. Even if he wanted to play, even if Chuck thought he was coaching for his job, they should've been as worried about his long term health as they are now. That's why I love Ballard.

I disagree about it being a miniscule advantage though, but even if it is, Ballard/Pagano would be smart to try and take every opportunity for every little advantage they can. Especially if Luck's not ready.

21 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I've been concerned about Luck for about a year now. The updates just help me prepare with what is about to come. This way I know what to expect in the beginning of the season. If Luck doesn't play, I'm okay with that, I would still watch. My problem is that it's being kept quiet, not even any tidbits except Luck is at practice, when the only real advantage is that Wade Phillips would have to prepare for both Luck and Tolzien.

First off, to clarify, Luck is not allowed to participate in ANY official practice activities while he is on the PUP list, none. However, he can can be activated at any point during training camp, until just before the regular season begins. For other tidbits, Ballard has also said-

“I want to make it clear that Andrew has not had any setbacks at all in his rehab process or with his surgery. He’s in good shape, good standing. Long term his shoulder, the prognosis is very good and that is very positive. We’re going to continue to follow the doctor's orders and the rehab process.”

Luck is well into a throwing program as part of his rehab, and possibly a version(s) of the intermittent throwing program.

IE:
for recovering baseball players-
http://drwaltlowe.com/media/files/page/ITPBaseball_1.pdf

for recovering football players-
http://drwaltlowe.com/media/files/page/Interval-Throwing-Program-Football_1.pdf

And having this surgical procedure was Luck's decision after a careful search for opinions form doctors etc.. on a course for long term improvement.  He had tried non invasive therapy for almost 2 years, and any progress made was often wiped out with an awkward or devastating 'hit' in a game, sometimes resulting in him being worse off than ever before.  So I feel it  was the right decision for his future.

21 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's only one team (if Luck gets put on the PUP list, everyone one else we face after the Rams will know), and Wade will prepare for both anyway. It seems like such a minuscule advantage that isn't even a advantage to keep things quiet. Wade Phillips is a bad "one person" to try and trick, IMO.

The folks of the Colts football club aren't medical people, nor are they fortune tellers.  And medical teams do not inform fans, even if it was/is lawful for NFL med teams to do so. This is an item they would (and do) hand off to the team to announce at the appropriate time.

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Thanks for putting this past news together.
 It should even satisfy a whiner Caveman.

Every September since I was about 7 or 8 the air seems crisper and the mood seems brighter for me, sans the end of Summer Vacation as a kid of course, and this all has to do with football.  I have been a Colts fan for so many years that I forget the actual number, lol! 

Every year I am pumped for my Colts and will watch, listen and read as much on them as I can digest.  Because they are my team and if they are terrible, I root for those who hopefully mold the future.  If they are good, I root for the ultimate prize.  I will always follow them despite injuries or lack of talent as I have hope that they will either improve in the future, or shock the crap out of the football world.  Hope keeps us going....

Get well soon Andrew and time for the rest of the team to step up, no excuses....Go Colts!

7 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Every September since I was about 7 or 8 the air seems crisper and the mood seems brighter for me, sans the end of Summer Vacation as a kid of course, and this all has to do with football.  I have been a Colts fan for so many years that I forget the actual number, lol! 

Every year I am pumped for my Colts and will watch, listen and read as much on them as I can digest.  Because they are my team and if they are terrible, I root for those who hopefully mold the future.  If they are good, I root for the ultimate prize.  I will always follow them despite injuries or lack of talent as I have hope that they will either improve in the future, or shock the crap out of the football world.  Hope keeps us going....

Get well soon Andrew and time for the rest of the team to step up, no excuses....Go Colts!

Exactly my feelings as well. Even those seasons where you're sure we're not winning it, a smile comes out that first September where the shoe helmet is on the field.

I'll still watch, not only because I'm jonesing for some Colts football. I'm excited to see what the re-vamped D can do in getting pressure on opposing QB's, and creating turnovers which can put any QB in favorable situations. Not to mention our O-line should be much improved, which can lead to more time for play development and running lanes. As others have said previously, keeping a tight lip never hurt no-one on team info. Take every competitive advantage you can! JMO

6 minutes ago, IinD said:

Exactly my feelings as well. Even those seasons where you're sure we're not winning it, a smile comes out that first September where the shoe helmet is on the field.

Exactly, my separation anxiety finally cedes...:td:

I am from NY and my Father was the one who made me in to a Colts fan.  I remember getting to watch them play the Jets twice a year and if I got the aluminum foil just right on the television, the Pats twice a year.  With the exception of the mid 1970's and 1995 there was no post season but I cherish the memories of all the teams I was fortunate enough to watch.  I was so proud of the Manning era and now the Luck era...just fortunate to be a fan of this team.

13 minutes ago, colts2dasuperbowl said:

what's the status on Luck's injury?

Well you can read the last few pages of this thread. or I'll give you the streamlined straight skinny now-

Ballard- “I want to make it clear that Andrew has not had any setbacks at all in his rehab process or with his surgery. He’s in good shape, good standing. Long term his shoulder, the prognosis is very good and that is very positive. We’re going to continue to follow the doctor's orders and the rehab process.”

Luck is well into a throwing program as part of his rehab, and possibly a version(s) of the intermittent throwing program.

IE:

So, there you have it. This is the latest information provided, and none of it is 'bad'.  Yet, none of it is definitive either. Patience.

10 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Exactly, my separation anxiety finally cedes...:td:

I am from NY and my Father was the one who made me in to a Colts fan.  I remember getting to watch them play the Jets twice a year and if I got the aluminum foil just right on the television, the Pats twice a year.  With the exception of the mid 1970's and 1995 there was no post season but I cherish the memories of all the teams I was fortunate enough to watch.  I was so proud of the Manning era and now the Luck era...just fortunate to be a fan of this team.

Well said. This pretty much sums it up for most Colts fans. 

Right now our worst case scenario isn't THAT bad. 6 games potentially just to make sure we have him for the next 10 seasons I'm ok with. Or he might need one or two games off to start the year and no PUP so in reality we don't know anything, but at least we haven't been hearing terrible rumors about his shoulder.

If we start hearing career ending or he hasn't thrown a ping pong ball since last year...then it's ok to totally freak out.

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Just woke up. I don't hate Irsay. I don't live in Indiana, so I feel pretty indifferent about him compared to most people here. The PITA records or whatever have nothing to do with giving a general timetable on Luck's injury. I don't want an in-depth report. I just want a timetable or estimate of how long it'll take for him to return, and if it changes, that's perfectly fine. Just keep us in the loop, and respect us as fans is all I ask.

well I'm just going to boil this down to the bottom line....GET OVER IT.  There's not a single person in the colts' complex that gives any kind of a rat's behind about what YOU want.  They want to do what's in the best interest of the team that gives the team the best advantage and not divulging the information you're asking for is in the team's best interest for all of the reason's that NCF already laid out. 

So here's the deal..buy sunday ticket, don't buy sunday ticket..your choice but the only one who really cares about it is you.  This type of mindset is what's wrong with the world right now..too many people having the "I want what I want and I want it now regardless of how anyone else feels" is just ridiculous.  Where did this sense of self-entitlement come from?  The Indianapolis Colts owe you NOTHING.  They don't owe you answers or information.  yeah you're a fan of their team..you may watch their games and buy their merchandise.  But that's your choice.  Feel free to make a different choice...those same items will simply be bought by someone else. They will not care in the slightest.  They don't have to keep you or anyone else in the loop unless the NFL front office expressly demands it.  And for all of the reasons that NCF laid out already, they SHOULD NOT keep us in the loop.

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

No one is trying to "trick" Wade Phillips.  What they're doing is preventing Wade Phillips from being able to focus solely on developing one gameplan for the colts.  Now he has to have 2 game plans for the Colts depending on who's at QB.  That's an advantage, and when you're going up against one of the best Defensive coordinators to ever coach in the NFL you take every advantage you can get.  So it's FAR from a minuscule advantage.  

And sure, every team after that Rams game will know so yes it's only an advantage for potentially one game.  But how many times have we seen one game make or break a team's season?  one game could be the difference in a playoff berth or no.  These guys are making decisions that affect their multi-million dollar careers and a billion dollar franchise...not whether or not you're going to purchase Sunday Ticket.

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Well you can read the last few pages of this thread. or I'll give you the streamlined straight skinny now-

Ballard- “I want to make it clear that Andrew has not had any setbacks at all in his rehab process or with his surgery. He’s in good shape, good standing. Long term his shoulder, the prognosis is very good and that is very positive. We’re going to continue to follow the doctor's orders and the rehab process.”

IE:

So, there you have it. This is the latest information provided, and none of it is 'bad'.  Yet, none of it is definitive either. Patience.

thank you so much! =)

I still find it hard to believe he wouldn't be ready 7 weeks after beginning to throw and train, assuming he doesn't reaggravate it.  Look at it in in-season terms.  A QB is cleared to throw and he wouldn't be ready a half a season later?  That's a long time.

If he's not out there and misses time - as little as 3-4 games - then yes, it's likely a third straight wasted season.  It won't take much - very little margin for error.

9 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Actually, no it isn't. I can look up the weather, and make a general decision if I want to go if it turns out horrible. The information is available online. The EXACT problem, is the Luck injury is not available online, and the only ones that know the exact details are the Colts brass and Luck himself. Like I have said numerous times, I just want a general update when it's available that's subject to change as new info comes in. That's all.

Sure you can...

Why do you think anyone has exact details of when Luck will be ready to play? That's not how injury recovery and rehab works.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Sure you can...

Why do you think anyone has exact details of when Luck will be ready to play? That's not how injury recovery and rehab works.

Any other injury, short or long, has some sort of general timetable (day to day), (out of the season), in Will Fuller's case when he broke his collarbone they immediately said he was out 8-12 weeks I believe. Even Cam Newton got plenty of updates, so you can't use the QB gameplan excuse. Luck is the only player that's being treated in this peculiar way when it comes to updates and it's infuriating. I know there's not an exact timetable, but there isn't for a lot of people and they always say "day to day" or "week to week" with an update later on. That's what I want for Luck, not "we don't know when he'll be back" kind of thing. They may not know exactly, but they have a general idea, and they can release it by saying "week to week" or so forth and still be secretive about it. Just throw me a bone is all I ask.

2 hours ago, J@son said:

well I'm just going to boil this down to the bottom line....GET OVER IT.  There's not a single person in the colts' complex that gives any kind of a rat's behind about what YOU want.  They want to do what's in the best interest of the team that gives the team the best advantage and not divulging the information you're asking for is in the team's best interest for all of the reason's that NCF already laid out. 

So here's the deal..buy sunday ticket, don't buy sunday ticket..your choice but the only one who really cares about it is you.  This type of mindset is what's wrong with the world right now..too many people having the "I want what I want and I want it now regardless of how anyone else feels" is just ridiculous.  Where did this sense of self-entitlement come from?  The Indianapolis Colts owe you NOTHING.  They don't owe you answers or information.  yeah you're a fan of their team..you may watch their games and buy their merchandise.  But that's your choice.  Feel free to make a different choice...those same items will simply be bought by someone else. They will not care in the slightest.  They don't have to keep you or anyone else in the loop unless the NFL front office expressly demands it.  And for all of the reasons that NCF laid out already, they SHOULD NOT keep us in the loop.

Thank you for admitting they don't care about the fans. I'm far from self-entitled. Everything I have in life, I've paid for myself. This is a situation where I'm basically helpless to know everything (whether we are poor, rich or whatever, we are all in the same boat here), and I'm fully dependent on the front office to tell me things. You can give me the executive speech all you want, but we depend on the Colts to divulge info about Luck. I don't want free Tickets to games, free merchandise, free Sunday Tickets, or any of that stuff, I just want to hear an injury update on my QB to know if he has any chance of playing in the first 6 games of the season. That's not self-entitled, that's being a good fan.

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Any other injury, short or long, has some sort of general timetable (day to day), (out of the season), in Will Fuller's case when he broke his collarbone they immediately said he was out 8-12 weeks I believe. Even Cam Newton got plenty of updates, so you can't use the QB gameplan excuse. Luck is the only player that's being treated in this peculiar way when it comes to updates and it's infuriating. I know there's not an exact timetable, but there isn't for a lot of people and they always say "day to day" or "week to week" with an update later on. That's what I want for Luck, not "we don't know when he'll be back" kind of thing. They may not know exactly, but they have a general idea, and they can release it by saying "week to week" or so forth and still be secretive about it. Just throw me a bone is all I ask.

Every person have a different timetable(I still have some issues because of sports injuries some 20+ years after I suited up)