AustexColt

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Albaby said:

I'm getting tired of reading negative comment after negative comment regarding Dorsett.  He had nothing to do with who drafted him and in which round he was drafted.  As far as that's concerned, at this point, it's all water under the bridge.  Just be glad that we have as many talented receivers on our team as we do.  Yes, I consider Dorsett a talented receiver.  I don't consider him the most talented on the team, but only one person can hold that title anyway (Hilton).  My point is, just be glad he's on our team.  We could have far worse receivers.  I wish him the best.

Unfortunately there are always a couple of "whipping boys" on here every year.  If it isn't Dorsett it will be either Green or Moncrief.

I root for all Colt players whether I agree with the place they were selected or signed.  

7 hours ago, Albaby said:

I'm getting tired of reading negative comment after negative comment regarding Dorsett.  He had nothing to do with who drafted him and in which round he was drafted.  As far as that's concerned, at this point, it's all water under the bridge.  Just be glad that we have as many talented receivers on our team as we do.  Yes, I consider Dorsett a talented receiver.  I don't consider him the most talented on the team, but only one person can hold that title anyway (Hilton).  My point is, just be glad he's on our team.  We could have far worse receivers.  I wish him the best.

People have been mad at dorsett because they were expecting him to be a beast immediately. Our offense was supposed to rival the 04 team.

He is a WR for the Colts so I hope he has a great year this year.  Obviously I hope the competition makes these guys produce that much more this year.  I do not care about the draft he was involved in because you cannot change that.  If he goes out there and shows some good improvement he stays on a roster....that's football!

I wish we could start to utilize him similar to how NE uses there small quick guys.  Have him run quick shallow routes and get him in space.  Regardless to what we do I just want Luck to get the ball out quicker, so hopefully route and receivers get open faster.

11 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

He is a WR for the Colts so I hope he has a great year this year.  Obviously I hope the competition makes these guys produce that much more this year.  I do not care about the draft he was involved in because you cannot change that.  If he goes out there and shows some good improvement he stays on a roster....that's football!

I wish we could start to utilize him similar to how NE uses there small quick guys.  Have him run quick shallow routes and get him in space.  Regardless to what we do I just want Luck to get the ball out quicker, so hopefully route and receivers get open faster.

I agree  completely! This style of offense of holding 

onto the ball and looking downfield for 5 seconds is

going to push Luck into an early retirement while Brady

will be able to play well into his forties.

9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's hard to step up when your QB don't have time to look for you. Luck force feeds Hilton and then dumps off to Doyle when he runs out of time. He has no time to go through any progressions so in turn Dorsett gets no looks on any regular bases.

Saying Rogers out performed him don't mean much when neither one of them were utilized.

The second interception Luck had in the GB game. He had Allen in the flats, but instead of hitting him he wanted more yards and tried to "force feed" Doyle. This saying that Luck doesn't have time is not true. We've seen the clock on national TV. He holds onto the football way too long. Our offense is asking him to go for the big play instead of just taking the 5-7 yard gain. Even Jeff Saturday mentions this on a NFL tv show. They need to go to the 3 step drop and have the ball come out of his hands faster. 

14 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I don't mean to be the party pooper, but we said this about him last year too

Then he went out and had 33 receptions and 2 TDs in 15 games.

Yep, I don't see much of a difference in those pics this year vs what he was last year. His problem is not with his size. It's with his ability to get separation against physical play at the LoS. Also... our offensive schemes...

15 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

An easy one to dislike? For what?

If that's the case then there are some pretty sad haters in here.

It is actually pretty sad. People are so focused on his draft position that it clouds their perspective of what he indeed does bring to the table as a player. It's ludicrous. As of right now, he's a solid WR3 that has insane speed and can get behind defenses, and he's still on his rookie contract, so he's also pretty cheap. He actually has a cheaper cap hit this year than Kamar Aiken does.

45 minutes ago, a06cc said:

The second interception Luck had in the GB game. He had Allen in the flats, but instead of hitting him he wanted more yards and tried to "force feed" Doyle. This saying that Luck doesn't have time is not true. We've seen the clock on national TV. He holds onto the football way too long. Our offense is asking him to go for the big play instead of just taking the 5-7 yard gain. Even Jeff Saturday mentions this on a NFL tv show. They need to go to the 3 step drop and have the ball come out of his hands faster. 

If Luck can't make smart decisions himself then it's

the coaching staff than needs to hold him accountable.

This won't go unnoticed or not have consequences 

under Ballard.....hopefully. 

1 minute ago, dodsworth said:

I hate to say this, but Luck will never be held accountable as long as the Colts go 8-8 or better and Luck's stats look good (unfortunately last year, a large portion of them were in the 2nd half when the opponent's defense let up). Just hope his struggles were due to injury and not him peaking.

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

It is actually pretty sad. People are so focused on his draft position that it clouds their perspective of what he indeed does bring to the table as a player. It's ludicrous. As of right now, he's a solid WR3 that has insane speed and can get behind defenses, and he's still on his rookie contract, so he's also pretty cheap. He actually has a cheaper cap hit this year than Kamar Aiken does.

Good point but what has people disappointed is that

Grigs thought he was BPA in the 1st round at our

selection. 

15 hours ago, egg said:

I wonder what fans on this forum think about Dorsett being a number one pick. I've never read anything negative, so I guess everyone is ok with it.

Well, he wasn't a number one pick, he was a number 29 pick, so everyone should be fine with it haha.

The problem with Dorsett is Chud refuses to run screens and slants for him. We have a horrible O-Coordinator and he should be fired yesterday. The plays are Vanilla, and easy to predict. Dorsett's only production is deep passes and he's literally useless on the field unless it's 3rd and long most of the time. Dorsett isn't horrible, but with the plays we run, he's a horrible fit for the team. 

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The problem with Dorsett is Chud refuses to run screens and slants for him. We have a horrible O-Coordinator and he should be fired yesterday. The plays are Vanilla, and easy to predict. Dorsett's only production is deep passes and he's literally useless on the field unless it's 3rd and long most of the time. Dorsett isn't horrible, but with the plays we run, he's a horrible fit for the team. 

I feel like last year Pagano had a little too much influence on the offensive playcalling. No modern NFL OC with Andrew Luck at their disposal would voluntarily come out and start slow every single game.

4 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I feel like last year Pagano had a little too much influence on the offensive playcalling. No modern NFL OC with Andrew Luck at their disposal would voluntarily come out and start slow every single game.

I honestly don't know at this point whether it's Chud and Pagano, or if it's Luck that was hurt and just was making bad decisions. Even with the injury, I'm leaning toward it being Chud and Pagano, and that's why I want Pagano fired so bad. He did better with a unit that was inferior most of the time (the defense), than the unit lead by Andrew Luck and TY Hilton. Chud and Pagano know nothing about running an NFL offense, and Pagano, in reality, should just be a defensive coordinator. I hope there's an overhaul of coaches next year, but it will be too late for Dorsett most likely, as he may not last much longer and it not being his fault.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I honestly don't know at this point whether it's Chud and Pagano, or if it's Luck that was hurt and just was making bad decisions. Even with the injury, I'm leaning toward it being Chud and Pagano, and that's why I want Pagano fired so bad. He did better with a unit that was inferior most of the time (the defense), than the unit lead by Andrew Luck and TY Hilton. Chud and Pagano know nothing about running an NFL offense, and Pagano, in reality, should just be a defensive coordinator. I hope there's an overhaul of coaches next year, but it will be too late for Dorsett most likely, as he may not last longer and it not being his fault.

At some point they just need to hand the offense over to Luck and let him do his thing. It's year 6, he's paid, it's time. We've all seen it... when they turn him loose, we score points. It's that simple.

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I honestly don't know at this point whether it's Chud and Pagano, or if it's Luck that was hurt and just was making bad decisions. Even with the injury, I'm leaning toward it being Chud and Pagano, and that's why I want Pagano fired so bad. He did better with a unit that was inferior most of the time (the defense), than the unit lead by Andrew Luck and TY Hilton. Chud and Pagano know nothing about running an NFL offense, and Pagano, in reality, should just be a defensive coordinator. I hope there's an overhaul of coaches next year, but it will be too late for Dorsett most likely, as he may not last much longer and it not being his fault.

There will most likely be a coach cleaning in 2018

much like the scout cleaning of 2017, although some

of the assistant coaches have a chance to be back.

23 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

Luck in fact holds himself accountable. 50 percent of the blame does go on him. During his press conferences he will state the fact he has to make better decisions. That's why I love our guy. He needs to take advantage of the underneath. We'll see a change this season.

6 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Luck in fact holds himself accountable. 50 percent of the blame does go on him. During his press conferences he will state the fact he has to make better decisions. That's why I love our guy. He needs to take advantage of the underneath. We'll see a change this season.

Better decisions need to be made on the field or the

coaching staff will be held ultimately accountable 

this offseason. 

Luck's  job is safe but the people in control of him 

and getting him to make better decisions is not.

12 hours ago, will426 said:

It's not Dorsett it's the playcalling this man would EAT on slants crossing routes or corner routes from the slot...and someone had posted many photos of Dorsett being open and luck flat out ignore him

Thank you!! Someone that gets it!! I've seen MULTIPLE games that he would be WIDE OPEN (underneath routes mostly)..but Luck would pass elsewhere, and sometimes he would either force something towards Hilton or just plain not see Dorsett! I'm telling you now, Dorsett could go to another team where they'd utilize his talents more than the Colts, and he would turn into a solid #2WR and make game changing plays every game! Colts don't use him right! Smh..what a waste so far!!

2 hours ago, TYtheMan13 said:

Thank you!! Someone that gets it!! I've seen MULTIPLE games that he would be WIDE OPEN (underneath routes mostly)..but Luck would pass elsewhere, and sometimes he would either force something towards Hilton or just plain not see Dorsett! I'm telling you now, Dorsett could go to another team where they'd utilize his talents more than the Colts, and he would turn into a solid #2WR and make game changing plays every game! Colts don't use him right! Smh..what a waste so far!!

One problem no one seems to be saying: the guy can only separate on fly routes. He has not consistently gotten open, which has caused Luck to look elsewhere much of the time. 

He's also been something of a body catcher rather than using his hands. And he has not pulled in the tough catch very often. They may not count as drops but they are catchable balls that you expect a pro receiver to grab more often than not. 

Personally, I want to see more of Chester Rogers. That kid has moxie; gets open, and catches the ball when its near him. I would not be shocked, if its truly open competition, to see him beat out Dorsett for the 3rd WR slot. 

18 minutes ago, Hoose said:

One problem no one seems to be saying: the guy can only separate on fly routes. He has not consistently gotten open, which has caused Luck to look elsewhere much of the time. 

He's also been something of a body catcher rather than using his hands. And he has not pulled in the tough catch very often. They may not count as drops but they are catchable balls that you expect a pro receiver to grab more often than not. 

Personally, I want to see more of Chester Rogers. That kid has moxie; gets open, and catches the ball when its near him. I would not be shocked, if its truly open competition, to see him beat out Dorsett for the 3rd WR slot. 

You're right about that. But there's been more times than not that he'll really be wide open and didn't even get looked at. That's on Luck to see the open guy tho, not on Dorsett. And i agree on Chester Rogers, i actually like the way he plays a lot..seems like he catches mostly all passes that come his way, and he's a good return guy..I really hope he makes the roster and continues to make a good impact

Obviously rooting for the guy, but there'll be plenty of competition come training camp so if he doesn't pull his own weight, one of the many new WRs will gladly take his job.

No sweat.

2 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

To recap - "Do Your Job."

:^)

Exactly. Ballard don't care where he was drafted, who drafted him and what he has or hasn't done before he became GM. Ballard has looked at his tape and hasn't made any changes so I assume he has no problems with Dorsett.

This whining and crying about where he was drafted and that he was drafted by Grigson doesn't enter the picture.

5 hours ago, a06cc said:

We won't see a change unless they change the offense.  Don't hold your breath.

3 hours ago, BOTT said:

We won't see a change unless they change the offense.  Don't hold your breath.

Your right about the offense needing to change. We're trying to hit the deep ball way too much. It's that jump to a lead philosophy. 

14 hours ago, CR91 said:

He's only dropped two balls

He had most of his bad plays in about 8 minutes of one of those late season losses. From then on , the Dorsett haters just started piling on hard.  Was it Houston ? Getting old and can't remember which game it was but he had a horrid little stretch at a critical time in the loss. 

57 minutes ago, dw49 said:

He had most of his bad plays in about 8 minutes of one of those late season losses. From then on , the Dorsett haters just started piling on hard.  Was it Houston ? Getting old and can't remember which game it was but he had a horrid little stretch at a critical time in the loss. 

Dorsett isn't worthy of being "hated". He's basically an irrelevant receiver that contributes nothing (although it isn't his fault). This isn't someone that poses a threat of any kind like a Tom Brady who we "hate", this is a guy who was drafted with a 1st round pick, who hasn't produced, and the forum is sick of it.

31 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Dorsett isn't worthy of being "hated". He's basically an irrelevant receiver that contributes nothing (although it isn't his fault). This isn't someone that poses a threat of any kind like a Tom Brady who we "hate", this is a guy who was drafted with a 1st round pick, who hasn't produced, and the forum is sick of it.

Being sick of "it" makes no sense when there are reasons beyond his control that results in him not producing.

Instead of just hating on someone try looking why? There have been quite a few of us forum members who can see why and try to explain but the haters just keep hating.

There are a couple of haters that even bring up he was drafted by Grigson so that is reason enough.

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Being sick of "it" makes no sense when there are reasons beyond his control that results in him not producing.

Instead of just hating on someone try looking why? There have been quite a few of us forum members who can see why and try to explain but the haters just keep hating.

What part of he's not worthy of hating don't you understand? This isn't Tom Brady, this isn't a player that poses a threat to us. This is an irrelevant player in the grand scheme of things that has had no impact on our team. He's just there, doing nothing. That's why people are frustrated, because he's a waste of space on the team due to Chud and Pagano not using him to his strengths. I was higher on him than anyone on this forum saying he'd be better than Amari Cooper before the draft, and am admitting I'm wrong as long as he is on the Colts. You don't use him to his strengths, he won't blossom in the NFL. This isn't a "hate" thing like 2 year old babies argue, it's a misuse of him by inept coaches and the forum is frustrated by it.

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

What part of he's not worthy of hating don't you understand? This isn't Tom Brady, this isn't a player that poses a threat to us. This is an irrelevant player in the grand scheme of things has had no impact on our team. He's just there, doing nothing. That's why people are frustrated, because he's a waste of space on the team due to Chud and Pagano not using him to his strengths. I was higher on him than anyone on this forum saying he'd be better than Amari Cooper before the draft, and am admitting I'm wrong as long as he is on the Colts. You don't use him to his strengths, he won't blossom in the NFL. This isn't a "hate" thing like 2 year old babies argue, it's a misuse of him by inept coaches and the forum is frustrated of it.

This is true but why do some forum members point the finger at him and then put the hate directly on him? Even bringing up Grigson? It is obvious there is a reason he hasn't stepped up but there are a few that totally overlook that. Getting personal with negativity aimed at him is being narrow minded and failing to see the big picture.

7 hours ago, TYtheMan13 said:

You're right about that. But there's been more times than not that he'll really be wide open and didn't even get looked at.

i think thats some what by design

i dont mean luck is intentionally ignore open guys, but that dorsett is used to stretch the defense and is often far down the list in progressions

he may not really even be in the progressions, we seem to mostly run plays for either ty or a tight end with the option to check down

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

This is true but why do some forum members point the finger at him and then put the hate directly on him? Even bringing up Grigson? It is obvious there is a reason he hasn't stepped up but there are a few that totally overlook that. Getting personal with negativity aimed at him is being narrow minded and failing to see the big picture.

Admittedly, there's a few members that don't realize why he's doing bad. Grigson probably overdrafted him as well. He was a late riser, and even though I love his speed and know what he can do, it would of probably been a better thing to draft a defensive player 1st round. If you know who Landon Collins is, and what he's done for the Giants, then you'll know we could of had an incredible safety combo in Hooker and Collins that could of been the new Legion of Boom along with Quincy Wilson. That's the hidden reason people are upset. Collins is the treasure we missed out on, and Dorsett is what we dug up. Dorsett is getting heat all over the place for frustration, and he's probably not the right person to take it out on, but Grigson isn't here anymore, and we are just now getting the defense we need thanks to picks like Dorsett (his fault or not).