Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dorsett looking Bigger and Built Up

AustexColt

14 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i think thats some what by design

i dont mean luck is intentionally ignore open guys, but that dorsett is used to stretch the defense and is often far down the list in progressions

he may not really even be in the progressions, we seem to mostly run plays for either ty or a tight end with the option to check down

If that's the case then that has zero to do with his talent. Being a decoy does nothing to change the attitude of some of him being a bust.

It's really not unusual for a receiver to take three years to get himself accustom to the NFL so hopefully he will be used for something other than a roster spot this season.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

If that's the case then that has zero to do with his talent. Being a decoy does nothing to change the attitude od some of him being a bust.

It's really not unusual for a receiver to take three year to get himself accustom to the NFL so hopefully he will be used for something other than a roster spot this season.

personally im not mad about dorsett.  he has shown at least some flashes but it was going to be pretty much impossible for him to live up to his draft status with the way they have been using him

18 hours ago, Stephen said:

People have been mad at dorsett because they were expecting him to be a beast immediately. Our offense was supposed to rival the 04 team.

Yes, I understand that, however after looking at his highlights on Facebook recently,  I'm still pretty impressed with what he can do.  I understand that his highlights aren't as many as we all expected.  I still think that he can make some pretty good plays.  If he can string a few "highlight reels" this season, that would be sweet to watch!

4 hours ago, Albaby said:

Yes, I understand that, however after looking at his highlights on Facebook recently,  I'm still pretty impressed with what he can do.  I understand that his highlights aren't as many as we all expected.  I still think that he can make some pretty good plays.  If he can string a few "highlight reels" this season, that would be sweet to watch!

That wr position has alot of competition with Bug howard chester rogers Jerome lane kamar aiken all battling for dorsetts 3rd spot

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

That wr position has alot of competition with Bug howard chester rogers Jerome lane kamar aiken all battling for dorsetts 3rd spot

I know.  It's actually a 'good' problem to have.  I trust that our coaching staff can evaluate the talent in a non-bias manner and select the true stand out players.

On 5/3/2017 at 4:17 PM, AustexColt said:

Looking at the photos, I think Dorsett has really bulked up. If he has not lost any speed this could mean a year without injury. Looks promising and wish him the best. As a first rounder from Miami, I know Irsay was very up on his signing. That was a year we really really needed a Defensive pick. Hopefully Reggie Wayne has been helping his fellow Hurricane.

Ironically this who thread may be backward.....

Dorsett says he was heavier LAST YEAR than he is now.     He was trying to build his body up after his broken ankle his rookie year....     and he wasn't as he conditioned as he needed to be....    in the story he literally says he gained a lot of weight,  but he doesn't give a figure....

Says he stayed in Indy all off-season to get in the best possible shape....    makes it sound like he's lost weight,  not gained it...

Here's the story....

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Phillip-Dorsett-Re-Tooling-Body-In-Critical-Year-Three/a9d08476-b654-40e4-ba98-48deea11a34a

On 5/4/2017 at 0:49 AM, braveheartcolt said:

How do you know this? To save you time, I'll answer it: you don't. You are just making stuff up. I suggest a professional GM would cut / keep a player based on the value he has to the team, not based on who 'picked' him. 

Good ____!   Grigson kept many players that he signed that didn`t perform. Why?  _____ Ego!

23 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Mercy!, Is my OPINION that offensive to you??

You never said it was your opinion so you really wasn't clear what you meant. Either way it is not offensive to me. You are fully entitled to what ever your opinion is. If you chose to just guess what someone means when they say it, feel free.