Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign Trey Griffey at WR -- son of Ken Griffey Jr.

ReMeDy

17 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

I'm not a Griggs fan But Griggs turned a 3-13 team with a rookie qb into 3 straight 11-5 records and 3 straight playoff appearnces with multiple playoff wins.

Do you think Ballard will surpass or even equal that in his rookie season as GM?

Just now, LJpalmbeacher said:

I'm not a Griggs fan But Griggs turned a 3-13 team with a rookie qb into 3 straight 11-5 records and 3 straight playoff appearnces with multiple playoff wins.

Do you think Ballard will surpass or even equal that in his rookie season as GM?

2-14

9 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Completely different situation.  You can't even compare the two.  As you said, Grigson inherited a 2-14 team whereas Ballard is taking over an 8-8 team.  Who knows how Ballard would have done with a complete rebuild and who knows how Grigson would be doing this offseason with the Colts?  Can't compare the two

21 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Unfortunately we plateaued after a record 9 game turnaround because subsequent drafts failed to register any substantial difference makers until last season when it was painfully obvious we needed to draft offensive lineman across the board.  The last couple of disappointing seasons were just a culmination of decisions made during our plateau.  

I do expect a rebound this season as Luck's line will have more chemistry and the D will be at a minimum competent.  10-11 wins is not out of the question if we can protect the lead.

He's athletic, he has good size, played on a good program for a good coaching staff, and despite his low production, he has some flashes on tape. It doesn't hurt that he's Griffey's son, but forget about that, he's a decent UDFA prospect who the staff can take a good look at during camp season. No different than anyone else.  

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

He's athletic, he has good size, played on a good program for a good coaching staff, and despite his low production, he has some flashes on tape. It doesn't hurt that he's Griffey's son, but forget about that, he's a decent UDFA prospect who the staff can take a good look at during camp season. No different than anyone else.  

I think I heard that he had some issues with a coach early in his career and didn't get the opportunities that he may have deserved.  He's supposedly a very level headed kid who doesn't expect any special treatment because of his family name. 

He never lit the world on fire at AZ, but he has the size and good enough speed.  He and Bug are going to give our #3-6 WRs a run.

15 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Omg shut up

1 hour ago, Zalazar Elijahh said:

Omg shut up

14 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

You Shut up!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

If you don't agree with people then by all means post why you don't and challenge their viewpoint... telling someone to shut up doesn't really fit this. Attack the post not the poster please.

10 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

maxresdefault.jpg

If you don't agree with people then by all means post why you don't and challenge their viewpoint... telling someone to shut up doesn't really fit this. Attack the post not the poster please.

Okay fine well how about instead of just bringing up the season record why don't you look at how many 4th quarter comebacks luck had in his rookie and sophomore year. ANd how many records he broke when he was healthy. Every year Andrew luck got hit so much that it was absurd. Andrew luck coming out was so gifted and elevated the team so much but our old gm put together a team that got Andrew injured in multiple places. I'm sorry if I'm being annoying but I obviously don't like our old gm and just wish we could move on from him once and for all because I'm very happy with our new guy and just want him to have the support he wants in his own coaches and scouting departments. But if you don't agree then fine. Sorry about saying shut up though. 

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 0:18 PM, LJpalmbeacher said:

He has a chance his first draft is a lot better than Grigson's first draft.

On 5/2/2017 at 0:18 PM, LJpalmbeacher said:

Yes:hat: