Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

John Simon

AKB

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He's underrated in my opinion. Did really well in a backup-type role. I think he could be a double digit sack guy this year if he gets adequate starting time.

I hope the coaching staff isn't dependent on him to be a double digit sack guy. Maybe Sheard can be that. Sheard does well when rushing against the RT. 

I don't know about double digit sacks, but he certainly has the talent and now he'll get the opportunity.

Maybe 5-8 would be pretty good. Hopefully him and Sheard give enough of a boost for the Colts defense to look adequate whilst they get younger. It won't be easy.

3 hours ago, throwinbbzz said:

Hey, if Manachino can get 11 sacks out of...
 Must say, the opponents in the film were mostly very Lousy!

Not all of them Bengals were good that year that film was their 2015 matchup and the Chiefs are a good team now for the most part the rest of the teams on that are not very good but I think this guy will be good we could have signed a lot worst in my opinion.

Well I like the signing, but we still have to draft one of the big timers with our 1st rounder. Whether we trade back or whatever. We need to come out with one of Takk, Charlton, Harris, Williams, then grab another EDGE rusher in the 3-4 range, or if a guy like T-Will or Harris falls to RD2.....Gotta take them IMO. You're talking about the most important position on D here. Simon is underrated, and is an ascending player. I could see him breaking out, and being a boss this year. Same goes with Sheard. But we need say, Takk and one of Sheard/Simon starting, the other being the main rotational guy along with another draftee, Mingo, and Ayers. Maggitt??? Who knows.

Plus you gotta love we got some guys who are aggressive, and Sheard has Dreads and tats. And Simon has tats. So I like that too. lmao .....Seriously though. Love it.

I like how some people stated that his play wasn't against good competition.

On 4/4/2017 at 9:06 PM, jameszeigler834 said:

Not all of them Bengals were good that year that film was their 2015 matchup and the Chiefs are a good team now for the most part the rest of the teams on that are not very good but I think this guy will be good we could have signed a lot worst in my opinion.

This is a great rebuttal against that argument and then I would like to add one more thing to it. Some of his other highlights were against divisional teams! Even if our division is good or not the Jags kinda have had our number the last two years so if he can make plays against them and his old team I'm all for it! Also that batted pick 6 he had probably was more athletic then any play we had on our D last year. I can't believe this guy was a waiver wire pickup off the Raven practice squad, Wow!    

6 hours ago, neug3246 said:

I like how some people stated that his play wasn't against good competition.

This is a great rebuttal against that argument and then I would like to add one more thing to it. Some of his other highlights were against divisional teams! Even if our division is good or not the Jags kinda have had our number the last two years so if he can make plays against them and his old team I'm all for it! Also that batted pick 6 he had probably was more athletic then any play we had on our D last year. I can't believe this guy was a waiver wire pickup off the Raven practice squad, Wow!    

I think we got a very good football player there and he is a low risk and very high reward player signing too I'm all for that.