Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Jaguars Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im happy,and frustrated at the same time,but decent money and still ok drat position,im not a huge chuck guy but just 2 years ago we were 1 game away,Solid draft last year, if the o line can carry some of the last few games into next year than we may have something,target chandler jones and jpp in free agency,only draft rb in first if its cook or fournette,than heavy draft on defense.

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

75-yard drive...go-ahead TD......24-20.....,500 team  (8-8)

...its what we do..its who we are

Especially if we keep Pagano around!!! We'll do nothing but sustain our brilliance at at our only thing we're consistent at, and that's being consistently inconsistent as well as often unprepared. If we keep him around I have very little confidence next season will be any different than this one. Another season leaving us all shaking our heads just wondering why.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

If we lost it could have been 9 at the best and 19 if we won at the worst. Probably same as last year....but with the scores today it was likely 11th if we lost. It is what it is...but it's about 8 spot difference...in every round not just the first.

TB, Denver, Detroit/GB, Tennessee, and Washington will all pick ahead of us. We pick at a minimum of 17th. I'm thinking 16th. 

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Chuck is staying because of this guaranteed. Shame on you guys criticizing the coaches for winning. I've already said this team isn't going to just lay down for draft position.

They play for him..

Criticism of the GM....due to what we have on defense......I hear that.

But the team plays for Pagano....they rally for him.

He'll be back

Just now, 12to13 said:

I get what youre saying, but draft position can definitely be a reason that a team gets better. 

Sure, but not drafting well hurts you no matter what. How many top picks have the Browns/Jaguars had over the years with little to no improvement? Look at the Patriots, if you are smart/lucky with how you acquire players it makes all the difference. I'm not going to cheer for getting swept by the Jaguars though.

I don't care bout the draft position but that fact remains this team is always unprepared how can u play like that. If it was against top teams they stomp us and I am sick of it I don't understand how people can be happy with same thing happening over and over.

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

we are 8-8..Jacksonville is 3-13

..and they have better players........what does that tell you?

Stop saying that...they don't have better players and the most important player on the field it isn't even close. They have a beautiful car with no engine....the coach is the driver....we have a hella engine with some bad tires and some beat up fenders etc but we still have a bad driver...doesn't know how to take a curve or most importantly get us off the line on restarts...just spins the tires. We still have a better car..because the most important part is the qb....so stop saying that.

This is a good win, true professional don't loose on purpose for a higher draft pick.  I would love to see new leadership but i would not ask this team to loose so the coach will be fired and for a better draft pick.  It is what it is, just have to hope the right decision are made this off-season to make this a better team.

Just now, coltsfan77 said:

Well on the bright side, they just saved me money on Sunday ticket next year! Just have little confidence in more than .500 seasons. Will watch when able but if this regime comes back with nothing more to offer, talent wise, will save my money.

so you are saying you would have bought the ticket if we lost today

interesting logic there

6 minutes ago, VocableLoki said:

Never seen so much negativity around a win. Draft position isn't going to be the thing that makes the team better, making smarter draft picks/free agent acquisitions will make us better. 

Yeah I don't think this win is really going to affect their ability to draft some solid players since this team needs a lot of help, nor I don't think it would change Irsays decision to make changes if he's really bent on doing so. 

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

we are 8-8..Jacksonville is 3-13

..and they have better players........what does that tell you?

Not a damn thing. This game should not be the determinate game for Pagano/Grigson. These whole past 2 seasons have been underwhelming. 

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

I have no idea why they don't run it more.  Absolutely no clue, it's not like you have to use it all game.  

I don't have any answer.

........you could at least start the game and the 3rd quarter in no-huddle when everyone is fresh.

Did we not used to do that???

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

They play for him..

Criticism of the GM....due to what we have on defense......I hear that.

But the team plays for Pagano....they rally for him.

He'll be back

So why didn't they play for Pagano the 1st half? Did the coach and players having a falling out during the week and then make up at halftime. 

They play hard because they're ultra competitive people. That's one of the reasons they have reached this level. 

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

Not a damn thing. This game should not be the determinate game for Pagano/Grigson. These whole past 2 seasons have been underwhelming. 

Yeah, I agree.  I doubt Irsay is like "Meh, I'm awefully unhappy about this team not making the playoffs two years in a row.  I think I'll keep both Grigson and Pagano if they win this game though."

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

so you are saying you would have bought the ticket if we lost today

interesting logic there

That is correct, would had more hope for change. I also stated if they don't do anything signifant talent wise if they do come back. I have purchased the ticket every year because I live in NC. Don't have luxury of watching in person. 

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't have any answer.

........you could at least start the game and the 3rd quarter in no-huddle when everyone is fresh.

Did we not used to do that???

If the offense comes out starting slow, switch it up ect.  They can obviously turn it on in the blink of an eye.  

I dont think anyone needs to be fired. Just make major personnel improvements to this D. Ensure that we are a stronger running team to help the young O line. Speaking of the O you do that by either adding another young O lineman or adding a true talent at RB or do both. We hit on improving the D and being able to run more and we will be much better than 8-8 next year. You can't keep asking this guy to play with bad to mediocre personnel on defense and think the Super Bowl is near. Give him what he needs and then raise the expectation from there.

Both teams stink so bad they wouldn't even show highlights. Jacksonville lost this game more than we won it....not happy with this team. I have had Chucks back for a long time but I just can't defend it anymore. The way we came out and played...executed...chuck might win more games with better players but he isn't going to raise our level of play with just his coaching. Still don't know which Colts will show up...and I can't stand medicracy. 

4 minutes ago, coltsfan77 said:

That is correct, would had more hope for change. I also stated if they don't do anything signifant talent wise if they do come back. I have purchased the ticket every year because I live in NC. Don't have luxury of watching in person. 

With easy Illegal streams or bars close,i have never paid a penny for nfl ticket or network or any of that. if you pm me later i can send you plenty of decent sites or ways to find games in hd for free. been doing it for years,since im in florida so dont get a lot of games either. but do have the luxury of colts @ jags every year besides this one because of london