Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone else worried about this season?

BProland85

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm worried because in the dress rehersal game, Luck couldn't get a clean pocket.

Not as worried about the defense because we just had too many guys out to get an accurate assessment of what they can do.  Only worry there is TJ Green keeping his emotions in check.

But 4 out of our 5 linemen up where starters and Luck couldn't get a clean pocket.  And a lot of that was the fault of starter players, not Clark.

3 minutes ago, Nadine said:

yes, the level of badness was pretty extreme.  Hope they prove me wrong

I am not concerned yet. I think as the season goes on we will get healthier and have all of our players back by October, just a guess but I feel ok at the moment saying that. I also think we win on opening day so there will be no 0-2 start either. If we lose on opening day than I will be concerned.

45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not concerned yet. I think as the season goes on we will get healthier and have all of our players back by October, just a guess but I feel ok at the moment saying that. I also think we win on opening day so there will be no 0-2 start either. If we lose on opening day than I will be concerned.

I would agree if we are talking about defense.  The DB's where scrubs and the DL was a 2nd team at best.

But I think it's pretty concerning that our OL had 4 out of 5 guys on it where starters and Luck was pressured the whole time.  And a lot of those pressures came from regular starters.  AC looked like a turnstile out there.

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

I would agree if we are talking about defense.  The DB's where scrubs and the DL was a 2nd team at best.

But I think it's pretty concerning that our OL had 4 out of 5 guys on it where starters and Luck was pressured the whole time.  And a lot of those pressures came from regular starters.  AC looked like a turnstile out there.

Not sure what AC's deal is in this Pre-season, he hasn't looked good I agree. I want to see how opening day goes before I panic though. Of course if we win you know some people will say, it was only the Lions haha but hey I will take any win period. We only have 16 games so every game is important.

45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure what AC's deal is in this Pre-season, he hasn't looked good I agree. I want to see how opening day goes before I panic though. Of course if we win you know some people will say, it was only the Lions haha but hey I will take any win period. We only have 16 games so every game is important.

Even though it's "only the lions" I will feel better if we can get a decent win over them without struggling too much.  

Plus it's another step to getting many of our players back.  So many people out the first 4 weeks of the season.  

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

Even though it's "only the lions" I will feel better if we can get a decent win over them without struggling too much.  

Plus it's another step to getting many of our players back.  So many people out the first 4 weeks of the season.  

Some people will still say only the Lions but I agree with you. With our injuries and after the season we had last year I just want a win and a 1-0 start. Any Regular Season win is big, cant take any team for granted.

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we are out-coached by Jim Caldwell, then I will be very concerned.

not really worried my concerns are the penalties the players are making to many mistakes hope they can fix it, On offense they have a week and a half to prepare for the lions need to figure out the line. who do you plug in for mewhort, will it be reitz or do you go with blythe who played the after mewhort went down, do you keep clark in because reitz is still banged up, Haeg is still banged up with a ankle injury still needs to hit the weights a little, AC has been a complete disater these last 2 years does anyone know of any reason what is going on with him and his technique. You have to play the O-line next week to see if they can cut down on the mental mistakes, Now as for the defense you rest them for next week they should be ready for week one if not at least a majority will be but they should be at full strenght by week 2. 

6 minutes ago, Smash Mouth said:

I am concerned - especially after watching both the Texans and Jags yesterday. Those teams look big and physical at the point of attach - on both sides of the ball.  Even the Titans are more physically imposing.  

Jags looked horrible..penalties, players out of position and the QB didn't remember the snap count?

19 hours ago, Ace Boogie said:

Are all of the injuries a concern? heck yeah but count me out of the whole sky is falling mindset. Every team has key injuries they have to deal with. As long as 12 is under under center I feel confident in our chances. One game at a time folks. Next man up, make no excuses. 

Hey, Chuck, you forgot "one play at a time, don't judge", and an all time favorite "keep chopping wood".

16 hours ago, akcolt said:

Confirmation from the preseason? Maybe many have a better understanding of preseason football than you do. We have a new OC a new DC putting in their systems. The preseason is about survival. We have a couple of brushes but have so far avoided the big injury. That's a successful preseason. 

That's a good way of looking at, especially the new DC.

19 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

We lost our qb for most of the year last year and didn't finish last in the division.   It isn't gonna happen this year either

I dont disagree, but even with a healthy Luck for us, our opponent's teams on paper could mean we aren't even playing for a division title at the end of the season like last year. We always dig ourselves into a hole every year with the 0-2 starts and now rattled by injuries it looks to be similar.

16 hours ago, colts8718 said:

Just read the article by Matt Candler in SB NATION that there is not one defensive player on the team drafted in 2012,2013,2014, Irsay what where you thinking or not :Cry:

Hopefully that changes with Anderson, Parry, Green, Ridgeway

And what is it that we should be worried about? That Ryan Kelly made rookie mistakes? That the eagles beat up our 5th 6th CBs? Nothing is ever won in the preseason. Once we get healthy, we'll be a better football team

I'm encouraged to see that Luck hasn't thrown a single pick this preseason and he's been consistently hitting his check downs.  He's burned the blitz a couple times, and hit a couple chunk plays.  These are all very good signs to me.  We just need to finish these drives with 7 points instead of 3.  Once we get in the end zone a couple times we'll get our swagger back I believe.  I don't think we'll be as bad as the Philly game all year long.  I knew the Philly game was going to be bad anyway.  I just didn't expect Costanzo to be the worst of the bunch.  I'm expecting the Detroit game to be better if we can get Reitz back along with a full week of game planning.   One game at a time.

2 hours ago, Smash Mouth said:

I am concerned - especially after watching both the Texans and Jags yesterday. Those teams look big and physical at the point of attach - on both sides of the ball.  Even the Titans are more physically imposing.  

No the Jags did not.  They had gaping holes in their run defense, no pass rush and they made plenty of mistakes and penalties.  They made mistakes on offense as well.  Bortles never sniffed the endzone.

If you go on the Jags website one of the first comments you'll see from Gus Bradley is "We Got Punched In The Mouth"

There's multiple threads on their forums with the headline in some capacity or another "Fire Gus Bradley", "Seriously Is Gus Bradley The Worse Heach Coach Ever?" 

"This team looked shameful in front of a national audience. Starters stunk "

As one poster put it:

"What a nightmare of a first half.

-Defensive line got manhandled

-Bortles looked terrible

-Robinson had once catch

-Joeckle was Tina and the bengals were ike

-0 pass rush

-Fowler looked invisible

-Julius Thomas did nothing

-The starting offensive line was horrible at both run and pass

-The defense continued to struggle to get off the field on third down

-We couldn't stop the screen game"

"So many more nightmares to list.  What a depressing first half to watch.  Couldn't stomach staying for the second half."

They didn't play well.

7 minutes ago, Iancolts said:

You know normally a team has one bright side to them.  Like a good offense or defense.  We have a mediocre offense and a horrible defense. 

"our defense" right now is a bunch of back up players.  Many who will be cut in a couple days.  You haven't really even seen "our defense"   I do think it'll be a little so so while waiting for some guys to get back from injury however.

I worry about every game, for the difference between winning and losing teams is FAR smaller than most fans realize.  Often times, one penalty here, one turnover there.  Such a thin line between winning and losing.  All opponents are formidable.