Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adam Vinatieri to play next season. Not ready to retire for another few seasons.

ReMeDy

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2016/02/09/adam-vinatieri-has-decided-return-21st-nfl-season-and-perhaps-more/80056902/

McAfee will have to wait on those kicking duties up to a few more years. What's interesting is Vinatieri's decision to return may be due to us retaining Pagano. “I would hate to be starting over again (with a new coaching staff),” Vinatieri said. “I was happy to see (Pagano) stay, to see that nucleus intact.”

3 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

cue the "we can't afford him" post...

seriously any impact player at around 3 mil per is TOTALLY affordable 

While I am sure someone might try to make this argument. You are 100% right while Adam might be expensive by kicker standards he's cheap when it comes to NFL player standards.  If he got 3 mil per that still less than half what the Colts paid Trent Cole last year for example. 

Nice. Now we don't have to give a FA like Justin Tucker big money for a kicker. Or rely on an UDFA, or draft the kid from Florida State in the 4th round or something. Thank God we know that isn't going to happen now. I will say though. If the kid from UCLA goes undrafted we should pick him up to replace Vinny the next season. We could store him on the PS for a year surly.

14 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2016/02/09/adam-vinatieri-has-decided-return-21st-nfl-season-and-perhaps-more/80056902/

McAfee will have to wait on those kicking duties up to a few more years. What's interesting is Vinatieri's decision to return may be due to us retaining Pagano. “I would hate to be starting over again (with a new coaching staff),” Vinatieri said. “I was happy to see (Pagano) stay, to see that nucleus intact.”

Thanks RMD, great news..

Again, we'll have the best kicking tandem in the NFL...