Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigs may have nailed it with his UDFA

ColtsFanMikeC

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000491128/article/top-five-undrafted-freeagent-classes-following-2015-nfl-draft?campaign=Facebook_CFB_Reuter

The Colts were ranked the #5 UDFA class in the 2015 draft by NFL.com

"The Colts have a lot of bodies at outside linebacker right now, but Hodges and Hartsfield will challenge for rosters spots this year and they could be in the long-term picture with Robert Mathis and Trent Cole entering the end of their careers. Sylvestre and Celiscar were draftable prospects on defense, as well. Tight ends Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener are both free agents after 2015, so if Sifrin could stick he'll be in the team's plans going forward."

I like Chuck and Grigs when they say "man sharpens man like iron sharpens iron" -- I think just about everyone of our UDFA's will be pushing for a spot on the 53 or the PS -- certainly can't help the camp competition to nail it with your UDFAs.

I still like last years UDFA class better, but there are some promising names in this group. 

One of Polian's real specialties (IMO) was his ability to find diamonds in the rough with his UDFA signings.  I think Grigs is doing very much the same -- he's also going to different countries and professional leagues to find players.  As long as they are improving the competition in camp, it doesn't matter to me if they make the team or not -- they are still helping the team by making all of the final 53 to push themselves further and harder than they may have otherwise.

Who did we keep from last years UDFAs?

Practice squad: Erik Swoope, Tyler Hoover, Ryan Lankford, Sheldon Price

That made the team: Dewey McDonald, Zach Kerr, Zurlon Tipton, Jonathan Harrison

Sean Loiseau, Deveron Carr, Earl Okine, Carlos Fields and Kelcy Quarles were not originally signed by us, but they are going into their 2nd year and were UDFAs.  Purifoy got cut mid-season, but he was UDFA.

*this list might not be complete, but I think it's pretty close

1, 2<3, 4, and 5

I'm not seeing what makes the first two so great

Can't predict (or 'see') the future - the 32nd team might turn out to be the best in the future -- I posted this topic originally because I am glad to see Grigs getting some props for his hard work to make all of us fans happy.

Can't predict (or 'see') the future - the 32nd team might turn out to be the best in the future -- I posted this topic originally because I am glad to see Grigs getting some props for his hard work to make all of us fans happy.

I believe many did'nt get the memo - 

Props on these boards haha  This time of year ?  I'm happy each & every year right up to the end some are just miserable & love to share there misery with the fire Grigs chants .

If 3 seasons of 11-5  each better then the last after Peyton leaves won't make colts fans happy nothing will .

I still wish we'd signed Cody Prewitt and Derrick Lott. Still hoping we get Collins too. Getting him would undoubtedly give us the best UDFA class.

The only way we were going to get Lott was to draft him. He went to school in Chattanooga, so you know he was lock to go to the Titans as an UDFA.

To me this is the part of the NFL draft that is the most exciting.  To see which UDFAs make it through camp and make the roster.  That's why I like watching the pre-season games!

that too.....but I like watching pre season games because it means football is back :)

It looks like the group has some very intriguing talent on it that may very well surprise. I like it.

Side bar... As I was reading through that initial list of UDFA's I noticed it was virtually devoid of big men. Anyone else pondering what that might mean?

It looks like the group has some very intriguing talent on it that may very well surprise. I like it.

Side bar... As I was reading through that initial list of UDFA's I noticed it was virtually devoid of big men. Anyone else pondering what that might mean?

My first reaction as well. Surprised we signed only one OL, and a C at that. No T from the undrafted group. Thought there were some interesting names out there. And no DL. Maybe some of the guys from last year are healthy- Donald Thomas, etc. but there still seems to be a lack of depth at OT- Castonzo, Cherilus, Reitz, .... Good??  I know Heremans can play OT and Mewhort as well, but doesn't leave many camp bodies either. Meanwhile we have more than enough WR, I believe 10...