Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign Earl Okine

RockThatBlue

A couple of seasons ago I can recall the Colts signing Adongo. There were a lot who thought he would be a beast. Well we seen how that worked out. My point being you never know. It makes no sense to debate about a player that no one seems to know. He could be a bust or he could be a player that will help. At this point it's just a wait and see mode.

Can we stop with the "Camp Body" label?

This team isn't exactly an elite team. Anyone can come in (outside of QB) and win a starting job or at least significant playing time

That's the cool thing to say when the Colts sign someone that a person has never heard of. Other common sayings on here are "good depth signing" and "let's sign him if we can get him cheap". People like to say these kinds of things to make them sound smarter.

You can get to the Conference Championship game without being elite? Dang. So who is elite? Just the Seahawks and Patriots? Just the Patriots?

Elite teams get blown out in big games?

Elite teams get passing touchdown records broke on them?

The AFCCG game was an accomplishment but this team is far from elite sir

The Broncos got blown out in the SB a couple years ago after looking "elite".

Any given ...day.

I am not worked up at all. I thought I explained my point pretty good. If you would reread my comment I said I had no clue how this players is going to work out but I hoped he could. Was there something wrong with that statement?

The term "camp body" sent you into a solid rant, ergo, worked up. I explained why the term is not that big of a deal.

The term "camp body" sent you into a solid rant, ergo, worked up. I explained why the term is not that big of a deal.

A solid rant? Sorry dude, your sadly mistaken. Maybe you should look up the meaning of the word rant and let us all know instead of making up your own meaning.

A solid rant? Sorry dude, your sadly mistaken. Maybe you should look up the meaning of the word rant and let us all know instead of making up your own meaning.

lmao, ok. Focus on the semantics of the terms "worked up" and "rant" instead of the entire point I was trying to make regarding the term "camp body".

Any given day, yet it happens to the Colts every time they play the :flyingelvis:

That's alot of days man

Team is not elite at all is my point

You're right, they have our number. But my point is that there are no elite teams.

IMHO, the Colts are just a little behind the two or three best teams in the league. Injury and just plain getting hot, for lack of a better term, make the difference.

You're right, they have our number. But my point is that there are no elite teams.

IMHO, the Colts are just a little behind the two or three best teams in the league. Injury and just plain getting hot, for lack of a better term, make the difference.

Exactly my point. No elite teams. Person that quoted me seems to think otherwise. Colts aren't elite

Here's the situation, and I watched him for years. He's quick, but stiff. In order to make a great DE move quickness is great, but you have to follow that up with an equally quick cut to the QB or ball carrier. He's quick in a straight line, doesn't really help much.

Now, if he can put on another 25 pounds of muscle he could be a quick 315 pound DT. He won't be a world beater, but he'd have a shot..

Why must any player who comes from an unknown source be considered a camp body? There have been players who were never drafted and walked on and made the all star team and played for super bowl winners. To automatically discount his ability without knowing is premature. Like I said, you never know. I have no clue as to what this player can do with the right coaching and experience. Grigs threw the dice and maybe crapped out but that remains to be seen. It would be cool if this guy could help the Colts. One thing I can say is Grigs does not leave any stone unturned. That is a good thing IMO.

Agree. Kurt Warner for example. It has happened

Camp body for sure

You know Grigson likes his obscure background guys. Probably just a guy who will come in and fill up the initial 90 man roster. He'll come in and practice against the lineman to get them prepared. He'll be part of the first wave of cuts.

Actually yes, elite teams get blown out sometimes in big games.

And yes, elite teams give up a lot of TDs in some games.

So, again, who is elite? If a team that makes the AFFCG is not elite, that must mean only the Super Bowl teams (and possibly the other NFCCG team) are elite.

No one elite..... there's just teams better than others

Ok, that's a fair opinion. What doesn't make sense though is why you would go out of your way to say "the Colts are not elite" if you don't think anybody is elite. Who cares if the Colts aren't elite if there are no elite teams? You might as well have said "the Colts weren't an undefeated team in 2014" (nobody was).

IMO Luck like Manning is Elite however you look at it they make those around them better . Of course I'm a homer give the man a  decent o-line & a running game & a few players on defense just look at whats been accomplished 3 years running .  Elite.

Heres a lil something I found ranking all 32 teams Colts came in 8'th ..

nfl-indianapolis-colts-tennessee-titans- Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts

Established 1953 – Their Horseshoe logo is one of the more iconic helmet designs in NFL history. And the Colts’ top two quarterbacks of all-time, Johnny Unitas and Peyton Manning, are just as iconic. Although it should be noted that both quarterbacks played in different cities. This franchise has been blessed greatness with greatness again at the quarterback position with Andrew Luck leading the way.

The Colts have won two Super Bowls and two World Championships, but are eyeing another ring in 2015. They have only sent 11 people to the Hall of Fame, but certainly have more on the way (Manning, Harrison). But a truly shocking statistic is that they have had one of their players win the AP MVP a league high nine times. 

That individual success has elevated their ranking significantly but then again, they have made it to 27 playoffs, too.

Ok, that's a fair opinion. What doesn't make sense though is why you would go out of your way to say "the Colts are not elite" if you don't think anybody is elite. Who cares if the Colts aren't elite if there are no elite teams? You might as well have said "the Colts weren't an undefeated team in 2014" (nobody was).

I said "This team isn't exactly elite" cause every time Grigson signs someone this forum doesn't know, automatically they're a "Camp Body" as "if" this team is elite and has every spot filled so anyone who comes in that is unknown to this forum is nothing more than just a player to get us to 75 roster spots we're required to have

This team is average to slightly above average. Anyone (outside of QB, P, & K) has a legit shot to make this roster so the "camp body" label seriously needs to stop

Per Colts App:

"Okine, 6-6, 284 pounds, most recently played for the Brooklyn Bolts of the Fall Experimental Football League (FXFL) in 2014, where he helped the team to a 4-0 mark. He also played for the Orlando Predators of the Arena Football League (AFL) in 2014 and totaled 28 tackles (16 solo), 7.5 tackles for loss, 5.5 sacks, three passes defensed and one fumble recovery in 16 games. Prior to joining the Predators, he was signed by the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League (CFL) on October 14, 2013 and was released on November 18.

Okine began his professional football career with the Houston Texans where he was signed as an undrafted free agent on May 10, 2013 and was waived on August 27. Collegiately, he appeared in 41 career games for the Florida Gators and finished with 27 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss, 1.0 sack, one blocked field goal and one pass defensed. As a senior in 2012, Okine played in all 13 games and recorded a career-high 12 tackles and a blocked field goal."

good info, had no idea who he was

I said "This team isn't exactly elite" cause every time Grigson signs someone this forum doesn't know, automatically they're a "Camp Body" as "if" this team is elite and has every spot filled so anyone who comes in that is unknown to this forum is nothing more than just a player to get us to 75 roster spots we're required to have

This team is average to slightly above average. Anyone (outside of QB, P, & K) has a legit shot to make this roster so the "camp body" label seriously needs to stop

The first paragraph makes sense (even if I don't agree).

Your second paragraph does not make sense. "Average" teams do not make the AFCCG. The Colts are absolutely not an average team. Your know who is "average"? Teams that go 8-8. Teams that just barely miss the playoffs. An "average" team by definition is a middle of the pack team. The Colts were one of the last 4.