Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp Thread 7/26

Dustin

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this isn't Colts related but is anyone else completely tired of the NFL Networks coverage of Manziels off the field offseason life? It was OFFSEASON...To be honest I hope he makes it in the NFL but at the same time there is that part that HOPES he fails because the media coverage could actually get worse with this kid if he actually succeeds where as if he fails and becomes a backup then there isn't anyone gonna want to talk about some backup, Give the kid a bit of a break, The NFL Networks coverage of this rather then talking about ACTUAL PRACTICE is pathetic and really makes NFL Network hard to watch but if ya don't watch you might just miss actual TC news of another team or the Colts...For the record Im planning on going back to TC on the 28th but it could be as late as the 1st do to financial reasons

Rant over

What u would rather hear about RG3's leg for another yr?  : )  Seriously I'm really bored with Johnny Manziel talk too.

@gmbremer: Working mainly in third-and-short situations, Luck completes 18 of 27 passes. No TDs, no INTs. #ColtsCamp

@gmbremer: Rookie Donte Moncrief was the leading receiver with 6 catches. Hakeem Nicks and T.Y. Hilton had three each. #ColtsCamp

I'm hoping the next time the NFL network is at Colts camp they spend some time talking about Tim Tebow!

Pathetic.

The media is slowly sewing discord in the Browns locker room in the same style they did with the Jets and the Tebow coverage. I'm just waiting for everything to explode....  Their season is probably going to be awful.

What u would rather hear about RG3's leg for another yr?  : )  Seriously I'm really bored with Johnny Manziel talk too.

Talkin about Griffin III leg actually didn't bother me at all as it was football related directly, Manziel partying in the offseason isn't what I would call football related, Now if he did this in the regular season then that would be a story and I'd understand the coverage....Though probably still get annoyed with all the coverage (Im reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hoping that don't happen or the coverage that he is getting over offseason partying will potentially seem like childs play compared to the coverage his offseason partying is getting now....I don't anticipate him partying during the season however)

The media is slowly sewing discord in the Browns locker room in the same style they did with the Jets and the Tebow coverage. I'm just waiting for everything to explode....  Their season is probably going to be awful.

You know, I don't care that they're covering every thing Manziel. I DVRed it today and skipped over all of it. But when they have someone at the Colts camp and have to ask him about Manziel, it borders on being a Will Farrell movie.

Hakeem Nicks just made an outstanding catch which brought out some cheers from the crowd. #Colts

— TNFII (@Colts_Woody)

July 26, 2014

Fan yells, "Hey Nicks, are you gonna get 1,400 yards this year?" Nicks looked up and fist pumped.

— TNFII (@Colts_Woody)

July 26, 2014

If he gets 1,000-1,100 yards, I'll be very happy.      Anything more is either a bonus, or a sign that others have gotten hurt and we have far fewer options.

I know this isn't Colts related but is anyone else completely tired of the NFL Networks coverage of Manziels off the field offseason life? It was OFFSEASON...To be honest I hope he makes it in the NFL but at the same time there is that part that HOPES he fails because the media coverage could actually get worse with this kid if he actually succeeds where as if he fails and becomes a backup then there isn't anyone gonna want to talk about some backup, Give the kid a bit of a break, The NFL Networks coverage of this rather then talking about ACTUAL PRACTICE is pathetic and really makes NFL Network hard to watch but if ya don't watch you might just miss actual TC news of another team or the Colts...For the record Im planning on going back to TC on the 28th but it could be as late as the 1st do to financial reasons

Rant over

Generally speaking, sports is getting harder to watch, for the exact reasons you imply. 

Personally, I don't mind the way Manziel has conducted himself.  Of course, I don't know every thing he has done or said...but you would have to CARE about what he has done or said enough to dig into the websites that cover that stuff.  So maybe I'm more uninformed than others.

What is getting really annoying is the way that these networks actually justify covering this stuff.  They're actually proud of it. They say that people get to bored listening to X's and O's and would rather hear titillating news about the stars of the league.  Nonsense.

The media is slowly sewing discord in the Browns locker room in the same style they did with the Jets and the Tebow coverage. I'm just waiting for everything to explode.... Their season is probably going to be awful.

It's just not fair to the other players. Joe Haden has been a top CB since coming in the league and they haven't talked about him nearly as much as they have Johnny. Why is a person who's never done a thing in the NFL getting more buzz than the vets or actual key players?

That's insulting to the other players on the team, & is sure to cause some negative vibes in that locker room how Johnny is a walking paparazzi magnet

Anybody seen why moncsrief hasnt returned punts today?

Moncrief hasn't returned punts since high school. At least I can't find anything showing he ever did at Ole Miss. I would like to see him get a look. Maybe because 87 was resting and he was going with the first team offense?

I would like to see someone back there with take it to the house speed. We find a dangerous return man to go with Pat and Adam our special teams should be a really good unit.

It's just not fair to the other players. Joe Haden has been a top CB since coming in the league and they haven't talked about him nearly as much as they have Johnny. Why is a person who's never done a thing in the NFL getting more buzz than the vets or actual key players?

That's insulting to the other players on the team, & is sure to cause some negative vibes in that locker room how Johnny is a walking paparazzi magnet

Agreed, but it's the nature of TV. When they find out what is popular (attracts viewers) they shove it down your throat until you're sick of it.

When Manziel sold the most jerseys, the die was cast. Tebow 2.0.

So if Nicks has a good year do we re-sign him or roll with Rogers and Mocrief?

Think it depends on how much he wants and how well Rogers and Moncrief play. How well 87 play's probably plays a part but if Nicks is back we probably try to resign him.

Moncrief hasn't returned punts since high school. At least I can't find anything showing he ever did at Ole Miss. I would like to see him get a look. Maybe because 87 was resting and he was going with the first team offense?

I would like to see someone back there with take it to the house speed. We find a dangerous return man to go with Pat and Adam our special teams should be a really good unit.

People said he returned some yesterday I trully would rather have Whalen back there just because he has good hands

People said he returned some yesterday I trully would rather have Whalen back there just because he has good hands

I agree Whalen has good hands but that doesn't mean Rainey or Moncrief or someone yet to be found doesn't have good hands and is a threat to take it the distance. Rainey has good hands lots of experience just not sure he makes the final 53.  I don't want someone back there that can't catch the ball but it would be nice to have the best of both worlds.

TY is the best could use him as a situational returner I guess but he is too important to stick back there all the time.

Was just wondering...All of the players held out of practice today were either veterans or those nursing injury, but, I noticed that Loucheiz Purifoy was held out today, Do you think it is because of injury or they already plan to keep him on the 53 roster ??

Doubt it's because they plan to keep him, since it's only been a few days of TC. Probly a minor injiry

Was just wondering...All of the players held out of practice today were either veterans or those nursing injury, but, I noticed that Loucheiz Purifoy was held out today, Do you think it is because of injury or they already plan to keep him on the 53 roster ??

They have not been in pads yet