Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans think they own this division

BProland85

Well last year the division sucked and this year we are still supposedly rebuilding.

Yeah we can win it next year again.

I honestly cannot even stomach them anymore at times. Unless they beat Manning or Brady or heck both in the playoffs I will laugh at them. It is supposed to be SB or bust.

They do own the division, as of now.  They won it last year and have won it this year.  But like RG3 said, they don't have a huge window.  Andre and Schaub aren't getting any younger and with free agency, pieces of their O-line could be moving to other places, like Eric Winston did this year.  And their defense has shown that it can be beat and that Watt can be kept in check.  As of now, we simply don't have the talent to keep up with them.  We do have the team to be able to beat them, but they have a deeper and more complete roster.  That doesn't mean that their reign will last very long though.

I think today was their third win of the season against a team with a winning record.  But they have earned the division crown, so kudos to them for that.

But... they do own the division this year.  I mean, that's pretty much fact.

Let them have their fun.  They have a smaller window than you guys do with their star players.

True. You are almost making me feel guilty at times today. I mean they are kinda cute....Wade with his Christmasy snowman looking appeal and every time Watt smiles and celebrates with glee.

I guess they can have their fun until some point in January and I am fine with this.

See how nice I am?

But... they do own the division this year.  I mean, that's pretty much fact.

Let them have their fun.  They have a smaller window than you guys do with their star players.

They are the kings of the south...for now.  But weary is the head that wears the crown.  The Colts are like Cassius...they have that lean and hungry look.  :D

Next year is the year of the Jaguars...worst to first..and Blaine Gabbert is the MVP...j/k

Texans won it fair and square...so they deserve some praise...but...as in all things..what goes up, must come down...maybe next year is our year again to begin another long run of AFC South Championships...

Texans won it fair & square.

And it doesn't look like it is going to be anyone but the Colts & Texans next year.

It could turn out to be quite the rivalry in the next couple years.

Agreed. I can't wait to see this rivalry blossom! It could turn into one of the best in the NFL, but it seems my side needs some major make-up games to gain ground haha.

Texans are a joke.

No creativity. Their quarterback is a statue.

Andre Johnson only has a year or two left.

Shut down Foster and Johnson and they have nothing.

You may not like this, but in NFL circles, from top to bottom,  that is considered a very, very good roster.   

Easily top-8, and that's the top quarter of the entire league.

People need to understand the difference between owning a division and winning a division. Look at the AFC East to see an example of "Owning" the division. The AFC South has been owned by us for practically a decade, lets wait a few more years before we say Houston owns this division.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Jules" data-cid="362262" data-time="1355698327"><p>

True. You are almost making me feel guilty at times today. I mean they are kinda cute....Wade with his Christmasy snowman looking appeal and every time Watt smiles and celebrates with glee.<br />

<br />

I guess they can have their fun until some point in January and I am fine with this.<br />

<br />

<br />

See how nice I am?</p></blockquote>

Yes!!! Wade Phillips is a snowman!!! I always knew something was a little off about him.

People need to understand the difference between owning a division and winning a division. Look at the AFC East to see an example of "Owning" the division. The AFC South has been owned by us for practically a decade, lets wait a few more years before we say Houston owns this division.

I googled 'owning a division' and couldn't find a definitive indication on what that means, so this must be an individual interpretation issue.

How should we define it?

Two in a row is a good start. The Jags & Titans don't seem to be a threat, at this time.

There's enough promise there to believe the Colts will disrupt it, but it has to happen first.