Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sb41champs

Question of the Day - 11/19

26 posts in this topic

Educational

While I agree you can take something educational out of every game, Some of our players have been getting that education for several years now and its done no good, frankly thats why those said players are on our team right now and not on a Super Bowl contending team

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Indiana DYK(Old Northwest)  Indiana was part of the Northwest Territory 
    • Negative, no. Critical, yes. I never said Pagano was a bad coach. But, Pagano has had 5 years to develop better strategies (granted in concert with the other coaches and players Grigson and the FO provided). I suppose some would try to put all the failures on Grigson, but in my experience with teambuilding, that (the failure of one person) is almost never the case. In fact, I would speculate that, for whatever reason, the lack of a coherent strategic vision for the team resulted in players "trying too hard", getting hurt, and ultimately coming up short of their potential. Part of that under-performance is the lack of development of the mental aspects of the game. Slow starts, mis-matched playcalling, poor clock management are indicators of strategic mental lapses.
    • I think you hit the nail right on the head with your New York and Los Vegas comment. There are a few other artist who fall into that category also. I'm not going to venture to make a list of those artist. Music is so compelling to each individual and effects each one of us differently. Like you said Frank was a little ahead of my time but I can't judge him in the fact if he was good or bad. His career started with the big band era and then ventured into acting where he did have success. Like him or not he was huge in his style.
    • I think we could see Spence at M and Jackson at W to start the season. If someone doesn't step up at M. We could easily run that pair out week 1. We could do a lot worse.   The biggest change we need to make at ILB is speed. That pair gives us that. Rhodes is a guy who could surprise. This will be a position group I'll be keeping a close eye on 
    • Pagano has only been a head coach for 5 years. No matter what anyone's opinion of him is he has been a success. Some come up with all kind of reasons why he has never had a losing season but the fact is he hasn't. Line up any head coach in the league and what he has done is unmatched. I have no clue as how his career is going to work out but to treat and act like he hasn't been a good coach is not correct. You can hand pick every negative call or things he has done over the past and then hold that over his head and point a finger to say he is a bad coach but that is too pre mature to call at this point. It's easy to come into this forum and make old and stale jokes that we have all heard so many times that it's not funny anymore. Chuck's attitude with his players is always upbeat and positive. That is what we see. What he does and says in house we really don't know. All I do know is his players and anyone who deals with him don't have negative things to say about him. That only happens in this forum No matter what anyone's opinion of him is the fact is he is the head coach of the Colts. Will that change? Who really knows at this point.
  • Welcome New Members

•   Sorry to keep harping on the Irish thing, but did you know the horseshoe has seven points on it?  (The Colts horseshoe, anyway.  Actual shoes for horses depend on the farrier).   Seven is considered a lucky number...  Lucky.  Luck.  I'm telling you, you picked the right team to root for.   7    
    •   Don't hold Boston against the Irish.  It's not our fault.    We love our green, which makes Indiana a tearmann.   I love it that you chose to root for an underdog instead of the Pats.  I don't think it's coincidence that you became a fan around the time Luck got drafted to the Colts.  That's providence.     Horseshoe?  Luck?  Four-leaf clover?  Come on.  Hoosier Hospitality has roots in Irish fun-lovery.  If you're lucky enough to be Irish, you're lucky enough!  May the luck of the Irish be with you!  
  • Members

• jvan1973

jvan1973 12,971

• dw49

dw49 2,548

• HorseFly

HorseFly 118

• azcolt

azcolt 436

• Finball

Finball 167

• Ja'Crispy

Ja'Crispy 1,644

• trueblue17

trueblue17 2

Rookie
    • Luck is Good

Luck is Good 589

• Smonroe

Smonroe 7,212

• ar1888

ar1888 261

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.