Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who would you trade for?

stonehart1234

at 1st i thought it would be for drc, now im hearing its a strong possibility mike wallace could be a colt by tmr. wallace and mjd are the only big name guys holding out. wallace is familiar with bruce arians who was his offensive coordinator in pitt. mjd has to much wear and tear on him so wallace is more likely.

I agree they probably wouldn't let him go. I would be OK with Mike Wallace as long as the contract isn't stupid. What are we going to do with all of the CBs we have traded for this year? They can't all make the team. In the words of N'sync.......hey hey, Chris Rucker bye bye bye.

I will say that if we do trade for a solid starting corner, we would actually have somewhat decent depth at the position.

Being confirmed that it's not Wallace and not Jones Drew. Speculation is Cary Williams , who just rurned down a 15 mill extension with the Ravens. Also as Nobody says , Vonte Davis is in the mix.

Cary Williams started for the Ravens tonight. If the Ravens knew there was a good chance for a trade, he would never see the field.

I think its Vonte Davis, he is the only player I havent heard being rumors be shot down.

Has anybody thought about the possibility it could be Maurice Jones Drew?

That would be one of the most surprising trades in NFL history. No way, though. It's probably for a corner or someone else on the defensive side of the ball, though having a proven runningback wouldn't hurt.

It is obvious most associated with the team think we have a solid shot at making the Playoffs and are looking for trades for that missing 1-2 players to put us into the Super Bowl. I love this way of thinking much prefer it to rebuild be content with what we have. Fortify the DB's and O line and let Luck,Wayne and Brown carry the offense and Freeney and Mathis lead the D and win are in business. The AFC south isnt very strong.

It is obvious most associated with the team think we have a solid shot at making the Playoffs and are looking for trades for that missing 1-2 players to put us into the Super Bowl. I love this way of thinking much prefer it to rebuild be content with what we have. Fortify the DB's and O line and let Luck,Wayne and Brown carry the offense and Freeney and Mathis lead the D and win are in business. The AFC south isnt very strong.

I might even go a step farther and say the AFC as a whole isn't very strong lately. Potentially Irsay and company feel this team could make some noise sooner then they had hoped after judging the offseason and preseason thus far.

There is no way Jacksonville trades Maurice Jones Drew here. It almost has to be a corner, or wide receiver to bring in to help out with the Collie situation. The Mike Jenkins trade could still be a possibility.

Mike Jenkins for a high draft pick? no way that happens. the guy is a FA after the season, they could easily wait for him to become a FA and try to offer him money WITH OUT having to give up a high pick for him.

Mike Jenkins for a high draft pick? no way that happens. the guy is a FA after the season, they could easily wait for him to become a FA and try to offer him money WITH OUT having to give up a high pick for him.

I didn't mean him for a high draft pick just that it was being talked about a while back. He and Wallace are the only trades I have heard about until now.

Vontae Davis would be awesome (or Sean Smith if we were to keep talking about Miami). Don't want Cary Williams!

Can't ignore the offensive line either. The Colts staff want to give Luck the best pieces around him, and that right side of the offensive line is a little... eh, average at best. Dont know who they could be pursuing though.

Back to the cornerbacks... Colts has brought in Cassius Vaughn, Josh Gordy and DJ Johnson via trades. However, only Josh Gordy has (potentially) cost a draft pick. Chris Gronkowski wouldn't have made the 53 man roster anyway (Vaughn trade), and DJ Johnson was an add on in the Eagles-Colts trade involving Kevin Thomas for Moise Fokou and Greg Lloyd. Another newcomer with NFL experience is Justin King. With all the additions, I actually thought they would get by in 2012 with the CBs that the they have, and then get some quality help via free agency (or via the draft) next year, and thereby not give up high draft picks.

I would be all for it if a 3rd round draft pick could bring in some real quality though! I would be more hesitant to give up a 2nd rounder. All depend on the player though.

We're fools if we are even considering MJD, running backs on the backside of their careers are a dime a dozen. It'll be a DB...I'll take ARC or Davis. Nnamdi is getting older and I can't see us giving up that much for him. Davis in Miami makes the most sense

Cary Williams started for the Ravens tonight. If the Ravens knew there was a good chance for a trade, he would never see the field.

I think its Vonte Davis, he is the only player I havent heard being rumors be shot down.

This is absolutely not true. You drive up trade value by putting him out there with your firsts.

The reality is, teams hold their starters out for broken nails in the pre-season to ensure they don't further injure a proven player in a meaningless game. There are plenty of starters who still need the work, but being a starter in a preseason game is a far cry from being locked in. They just want to see what you have, or prove how good you are to someone else to drive up value.

This is absolutely not true. You drive up trade value by putting him out there with your firsts.

The reality is, teams hold their starters out for broken nails in the pre-season to ensure they don't further injure a proven player in a meaningless game. There are plenty of starters who still need the work, but being a starter in a preseason game is a far cry from being locked in. They just want to see what you have, or prove how good you are to someone else to drive up value.

I disagree, you put him out there and he gets dinged up in anyway shape or form you lose any leverage you might have in negotiations. Notice Tavares Jackson is not getting on the field for the Seahawks. If they want to trade hime, they dont want him hurt.

I didn't mean him for a high draft pick just that it was being talked about a while back. He and Wallace are the only trades I have heard about until now.

oh. was there any truth behind the mike wallace talks? i heard about them also, just wasnt sure how reliable the sources were. or if grigson or irsay had mentioned it during that time.