Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My favorite thing about Andrew Luck

StewieG

I absolutely love watching him in interviews. He has this GREAT confidence about him. That interview (I think it was the halftime one against the steelers) he said something like his goal is to get to the super bowl.

Who could not like hearing him say that? He wants to win, and he wants to win now.

haha yeah I have seen that too. At least he runs better than Manning lol.

Running is not always a good thing for QB's look what has happened to Vick by running. How many injuries has he gotten :???: That run in last weeks game could have gotten him hurt but what do I know. haha

Ex:

Interviewer: Andrew you threw two interceptions today & came back poised to lead a TD drive. How did you do it??

Luck: Well, my TEAM stuck with me while we were down. We lead the drive together as a TEAM. Those picks are just something WE learn from as a TEAM.

Honestly, Luck is the reason why that saying "There's no I in Team" is still around. Humbled Individual

We're both cheering the result, but perhaps seeing different intent.

He's a smart guy and is completely in control during interviews. It is certainly a joy to watch. However his comment about the Super Bowl is an example of a smart guy finding "the right thing to say", not an example of his confidence. All football players think they are going to win the super bowl - Andrew very likely has a more realistic ideal of the reality of that proposal than most of them. The issue is that many players demonstrate their confidence by pounding their chests while struggling to string a sentence together.

I love the comparisons to the great 18. I love his shy...somewhat goofy mannerisms that are reminiscent of PM in 1998 in actions and interviews.

I love the comparisons at the line of scrimmage. I love the fearless nature and determination after 2 miserable drives and a 14 point deficit.....leading 17-14 at the half.

I very much like that our fans have warmed and noticed he is going to be a very good NFL QB barring injury....

Last.....I WOULD love everyone to remember he is the FIRST ANDREW LUCK not the 2ND PEYTON MANNING!!! :coltslogo:

haha yeah I have seen that too. At least he runs better than Manning lol.

I've seen an 85yr old woman in a walker run better than Manning.

I remember during the Raiders game when he ran the naked bootleg at the end of the game, I thought to myself dear god please don't hurt yourself. For someone to be as physically gifted as he is, he couldn't run to save his life (literally) LOL

Still love the man when he had a horseshoe on his helmet.

• 2 weeks later...

After a few posts....all I can say is if he was 26-35 with 3 TDs.......Andrew Luck can make any freakish face he wants......I hope you are a fan and not being strange!

nah I'm a fan, I was looking for Andrew's face for my fantasy team on ESPN for my logo and came across this and bursted out laughing

Probably his humble personality. In my opinion though i dont think he has as much zip on the ball as were use to seeing. honestly i see harder/faster throws from Drew Stantion than i have seen from Luck.

I think youre mistaking Luck's ability to change velocity very well with ability to throw with zip. He's shown plenty of times (atleast from what ive seen) the ability to throw lasers when he needs to. The end of the 1st half of the Redskins game being a good example. He threw a pass about 20 yards over the middle and it was a rocket.

My favorite thing about Andrew Luck is his grasp of NFL tradition and history. His father played in NFL Europe, he grew up in Germany, and was exposed to diversity and culture at a young age, and he carries himself like NFL HOF greats, or soon to be greats, Warren Moon and Peyton Manning. Andrew Luck's #1 asset is his appreciation of diversity, cultural heritage, and NFL longevity and subsequent posterity IMO.