Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton who?

Indeee

and btw im sold on Reitz...the Brown TD all started with him

I am the biggest supporter of Reitz. It is year 2 and he rarely got beat, I dont think I saw any plays where he got beat. He is just ignored because he was obtained off the scrap heap and guess what, the last O-lineman we got from the Ravens' PS, hmmm....he was undrafted too, I think his name was Jeff Saturday:).

Reitz does his job

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want to put Link blocking Luck's blindside??? No thank you! After Link got pulled was when the line started playing better. McGlynn done fine and so did Justice IMO.

The right side vs the Rams first stringers was the weakest. Not sold on Justice at RT. I dont think McGlynn survives. Linkenbach has better feet as a tackle than guard. I just remember the game where Justice was schooled by the Giants D-line accounting for 7 of 9 sacks in a game. I know Linkenbach has a bad rep but he would do better at tackle than guard

The right side vs the Rams first stringers was the weakest. Not sold on Justice at RT. I dont think McGlynn survives. Linkenbach has better feet as a tackle than guard. I just remember the game where Justice was schooled by the Giants D-line accounting for 7 of 9 sacks in a game. I know Linkenbach has a bad rep but he would do better at tackle than guard

You say Link just has a bad rep, but then you are judging Justice on one terrible game he had. Link is terrible and has been since he's been here. I honestly do not know how on earth he has survived in the league this long. This line just needs more time to gel and the 2nd stringers were very good. They will find the right combination and im betting that Link will not be a part of that combination. I can not understand why people are so quick to write off Castanzo as the LT. He has done a very good job.

You say Link just has a bad rep, but then you are judging Justice on one terrible game he had. Link is terrible and has been since he's been here. I honestly do not know how on earth he has survived in the league this long. This line just needs more time to gel and the 2nd stringers were very good. They will find the right combination and im betting that Link will not be a part of that combination. I can not understand why people are so quick to write off Castanzo as the LT. He has done a very good job.

No, I am also going based off what I have heard from Eagles fans regarding Justice, today's game kinda re-inforced it. I am fine with Castanzo at LT, just not with Justice at RT. The right side needs work and we should at least try out Linkenbach at RT, IMO

No, I am also going based off what I have heard from Eagles fans regarding Justice, today's game kinda re-inforced it. I am fine with Castanzo at LT, just not with Justice at RT. The right side needs work and we should at least try out Linkenbach at RT, IMO

I wouldn't trust what fans of other teams say. Justice is not an all-pro tackle by any means, but Link has played RT in the past and was terrible there too. Like I said,they will find the right combination that gives us the best line we can get out of who is on the roster. Unlike, in yrs. past, I actually trust the coaches to do their job, but if Link is a starter come the regular season, it just tells me that the other guys on the roster are absolutely horrific.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, August 12, 2012 - politics
Hidden by Superman, August 12, 2012 - politics

I agree, didnt like it at all. Peyton built that stadium. I think Luck is the real deal but to put the GOAT down like that is disrespectful. IMO

Obama would disagree.

lmao

Sorry I had to.

I agree, didnt like it at all. Peyton built that stadium. I think Luck is the real deal but to put the GOAT down like that is disrespectful. IMO

I don't like the thread title either. But I don't think the thread needs to turn into a(nother) Luck vs. Manning thread either.

Disrespectful to Peyton, I won't tread that path.

Lighting has struck twice in Indianapolis, I kept on saying it and nothing today proved me wrong pre-season or not. I have called Andrew Luck a future Hall Of Famer in the making and been lambasted on other forums. Luck is as good as any QB coming out of college as I've seen. The comparing of RGIII to Luck will be in some respects be mocked in ten or so years time. RGIII can be good, Luck can be great.

Disrespectful to Peyton, I won't tread that path.

Lighting has struck twice in Indianapolis, I kept on saying it and nothing today proved me wrong pre-season or not. I have called Andrew Luck a future Hall Of Famer in the making and been lambasted on other forums. Luck is as good as any QB coming out of college as I've seen. The comparing of RGIII to Luck will be in some respects be mocked in ten or so years time. RGIII can be good, Luck can be great.

and if you count Johnny U. maybe a third time for the Colts franchise...

There are a lot of teams that have never had one Hall of Fame Level QB and we could very well be watching the start of a third ones career. We are lucky fans indeed!

The OP was obviously joking but many here are still sensitive regarding Peyton and won't find any humor in the thread title. No one in their right mind is seriously going to dismiss Peyton's contributions to this franchise. Regardless, Luck looked very good today and had as good a Colts debut as can be imagined. Today is his day. Wow...welcome to the new era!

luck is already at the level of matt ryan and he's just a rookie. i know it's preseason but the rams do have a great pass rush and luck looked poised in the pocket. our offense looks amazing lots of 4 and 5wr sets which we rarely did with peyton. i think will avg 25 points this year and luck will throw for 4,200yds 29td's 13int's.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 13, 2012 - inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, August 13, 2012 - inflammatory

The OP was obviously joking but many here are still sensitive regarding Peyton and won't find any humor in the thread title. No one in their right mind is seriously going to dismiss Peyton's contributions to this franchise. Regardless, Luck looked very good today and had as good a Colts debut as can be imagined. Today is his day. Wow...welcome to the new era!

I know the OP's history. Nope, he or she was not joking. The same OP was here telling us to lay off Jim Irsay about how he handled Peyton in the offseason. I am not a bit surprised with the thread title and the OP. But then, some of us chose not to take the bait, some did. Just giving the facts. :)

I dont think Pro-Luck era guys can completely resist bringing threads about Peyton, it is bound to continue with every win of Luck's, neither can the Peytonphiles resist from responding.:)

I am a big Peyton fan who understands why the decision had to be made, agrees that it was the right decision, but also respects what he brought to Indy and have a strong urge to resist any attempt to downplay his contributions.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 13, 2012 - responding to removed post
Hidden by Nadine, August 13, 2012 - responding to removed post

I know the OP's history. Nope, he or she was not joking. The same OP was here telling us to lay off Jim Irsay about how he handled Peyton in the offseason. I am not a bit surprised with the thread title and the OP. But then, some of us chose not to take the bait, some did. Just giving the facts. :)

I dont think Pro-Luck era guys can completely resist bringing threads about Peyton, it is bound to continue with every win of Luck's, neither can the Peytonphiles resist from responding. :)

I am a big Peyton fan who understands why the decision had to be made, agrees that it was the right decision, but also respects what he brought to Indy and have a strong urge to resist any attempt to downplay his contributions.

Referring to people as "Peytonphiles" doesn't help the situation, just sayin'

I know it's preseason game one but wow.. Luck is phenominal. Effortless. No more happy feet. I'm Impressed and every pass on the money. wow.. future looks brighter than bright

.........just for the record: Peyton didn't/doesn't have "happy feet". He doesn't abandon the pocket early. The way he "bounces" on his feet in the pocket is his normal movement. It obviously works well for him.

I'm still unclear why someone can't be a fan of the Colts and a fan of Peyton. I think the way things ended up shaking out was probably the best for both Manning and the Colts. Luck looked great today, and if it is any indication, then our Colts have a very bright future with him at the helm. I honestly couldn't be any more excited about the New Era, and think that Luck/Grigson/Pagano et. al. Have everything moving in the right direction. (It is darn exciting.)

Would I have liked to have seen Peyton avoid injury, win another ring, and retire a Colt? Yep. That being said, he is probably better off where he landed. He looked pretty secure behind the Bronco's O-line the other night. At this point in his career, that is probably closer to what HE needs while Luck is more of what WE need for the future.

.........just for the record: Peyton didn't/doesn't have "happy feet". He doesn't abandon the pocket early. The way he "bounces" on his feet in the pocket is his normal movement. It obviously works well for him.

That has been explained countless times here.. His pumping of his feet is his technique. If someone wants to see a true version of Happy Feet then watch Mike Vick when he fails to read a defense properly and abandons a play.

Spurrier tried to be cute when he coined the term and others have used it as inaccurate as the ole ball coach ever since.

I agree that Peyton's "happy feet" was a matter of his technique and served a purpose for him. Nevertheless, I still never liked it and it always made me somewhat nervous. The fact that Luck didn't do this was also something that I noticed and I even commented to a couple of Colts fan friends of mine about it during the game. We all agreed that it was a refreshing change.

Didn't get a chance to see the game myself, but I'll probably look up the plays on youtube or watch highlights on ESPN lol. According to various posters and media outlets, though, Luck did very good today. A touchdown pass on his first throw! Good job, Mr. Franchise. :thmup:

I wouldn't trust what fans of other teams say. Justice is not an all-pro tackle by any means, but Link has played RT in the past and was terrible there too. Like I said,they will find the right combination that gives us the best line we can get out of who is on the roster. Unlike, in yrs. past, I actually trust the coaches to do their job, but if Link is a starter come the regular season, it just tells me that the other guys on the roster are absolutely horrific.

he wasnt...you ar ejust seeing castillo own likenbach everytime you see likenbach start....he was a far better RT than people give him credit for...heck he was a decent LT when castonzo went down

I dont think Pro-Luck era guys can completely resist bringing threads about Peyton, it is bound to continue with every win of Luck's, neither can the Peytonphiles resist from responding. :)

I hear ya. Well look at it like this. Today might have been a "Peyton who?" day for some. But trust that some "He ain't no Peyton" days are just around the corner. All qb's have to go through some growing pains. It's the natural way of things. At the end of the day none of these kind of threads should be taken too seriously either way.

I agree that Peyton's "happy feet" was a matter of his technique and served a purpose for him. Nevertheless, I still never liked it and it always made me somewhat nervous. The fact that Luck didn't do this was also something that I noticed and I even commented to a couple of Colts fan friends of mine about it during the game. We all agreed that it was a refreshing change.

the "happt feet" is also the reason he never had injuries to his knees or ankles...

he wasnt...you ar ejust seeing castillo own likenbach everytime you see likenbach start....he was a far better RT than people give him credit for...heck he was a decent LT when castonzo went down

No, thats not it at all. I do not claim to be an expert when it comes to offensive lineman but it is one of the main area's I pay attention too when watching the game. Link repeatably gets beat and manhandled each and everytime he is in the game. No matter whether he plays guard or tackle. The line play instantly improved when Link went out today and Reitz came in and I mean it was an instant improvement. I have seen multiple posts from people today saying how bad the line was and that is absurd. even the game announers were saying how much they improved after the first couple of series. They only gave up 1 sack and allowed 108 yds. rushing. They aren't great by any stretch of the imagination but they were instantly better as soon as Link went out of the game.

Luck played as well as he possibly could today. If the 3 drops were catches his rating would of been 158.3 yes perfect. I know it's the rams in preseason but it's all there. the several people who wore 18 broncos jerseys to the game are seriously rediculous. A pm colts jersey fine but a broncos jersey?! We don't want you!! Go to broncos games or get nfl Sunday ticket. #ColtsStrong