Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton who?

Indeee

Luck played as well as he possibly could today. If the 3 drops were catches his rating would of been 158.3 yes perfect. I know it's the rams in preseason but it's all there. the several people who wore 18 broncos jerseys to the game are seriously rediculous. A pm colts jersey fine but a broncos jersey?! We don't want you!! Go to broncos games or get nfl Sunday ticket. #ColtsStrong

The No.12 jersey has a good history of winning SBs, so lets hope that lucky charm continues. :)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luck played as well as he possibly could today. If the 3 drops were catches his rating would of been 158.3 yes perfect. I know it's the rams in preseason but it's all there. the several people who wore 18 broncos jerseys to the game are seriously rediculous. A pm colts jersey fine but a broncos jersey?! We don't want you!! Go to broncos games or get nfl Sunday ticket. #ColtsStrong

Was it actually several people, or just the same 2 or 3 guys being retweeted over and over by a certain blogger with an axe to grind and his followers? (Honest question, I saw the game on TV and don't recall seeing orange all over the stands? )

In any case, I agree it was bad form to wear that to the game, I'm just curious about how much of the uproar over it was simply manufactured junk about a couple goofballs as opposed to a serious % of the fanbase showing up in other team's colors.

I guess that's more Info than I needed to know. haha

lmao

Sorry

In reality though today in a lot of ways should make people really appreciate our head coach A LOT too. The QB comparisons get old.

Of course it is early and we much left to see and analyze. But, Pagano has done an excellent job so far since taking over IMO. And he appears to be a refreshing and energizing presence to the team and fanbase.

I agree that Peyton's "happy feet" was a matter of his technique and served a purpose for him. Nevertheless, I still never liked it and it always made me somewhat nervous. The fact that Luck didn't do this was also something that I noticed and I even commented to a couple of Colts fan friends of mine about it during the game. We all agreed that it was a refreshing change.

That's just silly. Why would you possibly be concerned with such superfluous details - it's results that count. I didn't see Collin's feet move much at all last year - right up to each moment where he was planted head first in the ground. Did that make you feel more comfortable?

That's just silly. Why would you possibly be concerned with such superfluous details - it's results that count. I didn't see Collin's feet move much at all last year - right up to each moment where he was planted head first in the ground. Did that make you feel more comfortable?

Just to be add to this Peyton has explained the "happy feet" were a result of him learning that if you keep your feet moving you are less likly to suffer a major knee injury and you are able to move around the pocket with more ease if heat comes. His "happy feet" were by design and like you said it's hard to argue with the result.

and if you count Johnny U. maybe a third time for the Colts franchise...

There are a lot of teams that have never had one Hall of Fame Level QB and we could very well be watching the start of a third ones career. We are lucky fans indeed!

Fourth actually (although it might just be a wee bit early to make such predictions).

Bert Jones had HOF talent - he just had his shoulder removed from his body one too many times. Think Lucks mobility, Georges arm, and Harbaugh's intensity and determination. Biggest crime in Colts history.

Fourth actually (although it might just be a wee bit early to make such predictions).

Bert Jones had HOF talent - he just had his shoulder removed from his body one too many times. Think Lucks mobility, Georges arm, and Harbaugh's intensity and determination. Biggest crime in Colts history.

Oh I know Bert Jones and I hope Luck doesn't become him. Not because Jones wasn't a good QB but because of what you brought up the injury problem that took away from his career fair or not.

Don't you feel like you are cheating on Aaron?

*ashamed* You might be right.

I might have to be careful with those comments since Aaron still has the best buns in the league IMO. Luck's are being groomed though to be elite buns themselves.

That wasn't a nice throw?

It was but that throw Luck made to get us to the one yard line was better IMO. That was a big league throw I don't care who the QB is or who we were playing. That was one of those throws I used to watch Peyton make and go wow and I did the samething again today.

It was but that throw Luck made to get us to the one yard line was better IMO. That was a big league throw I don't care who the QB is or who we were playing. That was one of those throws I used to watch Peyton make and go wow and I did the samething again today.

That was a nice toss, but I liked the TD better.

I might have to be careful with those comments since Aaron still has the best buns in the league IMO. Luck's are being groomed though to be elite buns themselves.

oh-god.png

I thought this was a football forum. Must've made a wrong turn.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 13, 2012 - promotional posting
Hidden by Nadine, August 13, 2012 - promotional posting

I attended the game today. Luck showed great poise and moved well. He took some calculated risks with his throws. I liked the slide on the third down and when he escaped the rush and threw the ball away.

More thoughts: http://www.indysportslegends.com/andrew-lucks-first-preseason-game-colts/

The best pass aesthetically was Luck's to Collie, love the look of that. Most difficult was probably the one to Cosby on the 1... Harnish's TD to Ross was excellent though. Wasn't as keen on Stanton as other people, the little I saw of Harnish impressed me ball, I just prefer the way he throws the ball. Stanton threw one deep and gave it WAY too much air.

That was a nice toss, but I liked the TD better.

oh-god.png

I thought this was a football forum. Must've made a wrong turn.

:lol: Same sport, different perspective. Lower anyway. Married FX? My wife rooted loudly for Montana (and therefore the 49ers) during his hay-day with similarly disturbing enthusiasm. A few years later she announced that she had been a fan of the Packers since the sixties because of her father, and began "following" Favre.

If that's what it takes for her to be able to pretend that she gives a rats rear end (no bun, I mean pun intended) about football, I don't care. Hey, she already likes the Colts for my sake. If Jules is right, maybe she'll make it through the whole game now!

:lol: Same sport, different perspective. Lower anyway. Married FX? My wife rooted loudly for Montana (and therefore the 49ers) during his hay-day with similarly disturbing enthusiasm. A few years later she announced that she had been a fan of the Packers since the sixties because of her father, and began "following" Favre.

If that's what it takes for her to be able to pretend that she gives a rats rear end (no bun, I mean pun intended) about football, I don't care. Hey, she already likes the Colts for my sake. If Jules is right, maybe she'll make it through the whole game now!

Well my GF doesn't like football. So what I get is "turn that :censored: off", and "all you do is look at football. I bet you're looking at the Colts forum aren't you?"

Well my GF doesn't like football. So what I get is "turn that :censored: off", and "all you do is look at football. I bet you're looking at the Colts forum aren't you?"

:sigh: Translation - pay attention to ME. I'm lucky in that my wife will actually put on a Mets game and the like - even if just for background noise. She does like sports to a certain extent. But too many consecutive hours staring at a box of any kind (by either of us) isn't going to be well received by the other. On the bright side we both like many of the same tv shows. If we are both being lazy at the same time, than it cancels out I think. :P

Certain lines are established over the years. I WILL be watching every second of every Colts game - she knows how important it is to me and never says a thing. What I don't do is watch three straight games on Sunday. Fortunately I have no interest in doing that anyway. Of course since (approximately) March 7th I've been dropping hints that there might be TWO games that I'm interested in each week this season. Should be interesting : haha:

Collins sucked from the onset with the Colts. Therefore he merited no consideration or expectation from me. Peyton was some what of a tease in that he was great up until it mattered the most and then he would more times than not come up short. So because I had greater expectations of Peyton (with other Colts fans proclaiming him to be the GOAT or whatever) with it came a greater possibility of a let down. In critical moments of big games (and by big I mean post-season games), I must honestly say that I remember being nervous as heck that Peyton would throw an interception at a crucial moment. Real talk bro. Seeing the "happy feet" just made him appear jittery to me and contributed to my nervousness doing those moments. I realize one did not necessarily have anything to do with the other, but the combination of seeing those gut wrenching interceptions and Peyton's bouncing feet just had the effect of making me more nervous than calm whenever the chips were really down. I still see Peyton as a legend but not as infallible as some revisionists want to make him out to be. In the regular season at crunch time, he was MONEY but in the post-season...with the exception of that faithful AFC Championship game in 06...not as much.

Like I acknowledged, I believe the foot movement was technique based and Peyton had sound reasons for doing it. Granted...it still made this Colts fan nervous to see it. What can I say MAC...sue me. :P

I couldn't help, but think that if Peyton was still playing here the offensive line would have gotten him killed today... Having said that one should never forget what the man did for city and team.

I mentioned the same thing to my buddy who then quickly reminded me that if Peyton was still here then it is probable that most of our O Line from last year, Saturday, etc. would have also been retained for him. So it is unlikely that he would be playing with as revamped a unit as Luck is now.

I mentioned the same thing to my buddy who then quickly reminded me that if Peyton was still here then it is probable that most of our O Line from last year, Saturday, etc. would have also been retained for him. So it is unlikely that he would be playing with as revamped a unit as Luck is now.

Well, hypothetically speaking of course. If you were to put Peyton in with this team as it stand it would have been bad. Andrew Luck was able to scramble and avoid some hits out there. I was amazed at how good he looked on the move.

Was it actually several people, or just the same 2 or 3 guys being retweeted over and over by a certain blogger with an axe to grind and his followers? (Honest question, I saw the game on TV and don't recall seeing orange all over the stands? )

In any case, I agree it was bad form to wear that to the game, I'm just curious about how much of the uproar over it was simply manufactured junk about a couple goofballs as opposed to a serious % of the fanbase showing up in other team's colors.

I counted 6 people while at the game yesterday could of been more.

The D is shaping to be a less talented version of the 2009 Ravens. Great pressure, terrible coverage, and average against the run.

The D was focused more on playing their positions in a new scheme, and played very conservatively. Good move for the first preseason game. Football isn't "just add water" to a few players ....

If the ladies can put up with the creepy comments about the Cheerleaders, I expect the men can put up with this.