Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top 100 NFL Players

bap1331

Heading into 2012, based off 2011, where Eli had 7 4th qtr. comebacks in the regular season, the Giants would not have sniffed the playoffs if not for those 7 comebacks, let alone win playoff games on the road. It is a shame the players do not recognize that.

Heading into 2012, based off 2011, where Eli had 7 4th qtr. comebacks in the regular season, the Giants would not have sniffed the playoffs if not for those 7 comebacks, let alone win playoff games on the road. It is a shame the players do not recognize that.

Eli doesn't care.... He has the Hardware.. :lombardi:

reggie and mathis not being on that list is insane

maybe they are in the top 20. jk. I highly doubt it.

We lost all credibility just because Peyton was gone and we went 2-14. It really just was a bad year. If we had that 2007 defense we would at worst been 6-10. Even better if we had a decent quarterback.

But I think Irsay somehow had to do something with Curtis Painter starting mostly all the games. I would have benched him on game 3 or 4. Not the 13th game. Somewhere in his mind, he wanted Andrew Luck. Which I dont mind til this day though. I would not like to see Luck in another team.

LOL at Roethlisberger being 20 spots ahead of Peyton.

so is Matthew Stafford -_-

I would have atleast put him in the Top 10 regardless of missing the season. Well technically he shouldnt have been on the list because it was players that participated in 2011

Along with the picture perfect Father's day.

eliandava.jpg

bat.jpg628x471.jpg

Throwing out the first pitch at the Mets game on Father's day.

dang! why couldnt it have been a boy! We need someone else to come into the baby Peyton and baby Tom future NFL quarterbacks debate! :)

You mean you think Brady should be #1? Rodgers is twice the player Tom is.

Are you kidding me?

How so?

Rodgers has arguably the better WR corp, although Brady has better TEs, and Brady puts up numbers that are just as good. Never mind that Rodgers has never had a year with the # of TDs Brady threw in '07, or the # of yards that Brady threw in '11.

Add in that Brady's winning percentage is higher, etc...

Are you kidding me?

How so?

Rodgers has arguably the better WR corp, although Brady has better TEs, and Brady puts up numbers that are just as good. Never mind that Rodgers has never had a year with the # of TDs Brady threw in '07, or the # of yards that Brady threw in '11.

To be fair Brady didn't start putting up his stellar #s until his 5th yr starting. This will be Rodgers 5th year starting.

Rodgers has a better comp % than Brady, And without looking I'm willing to assume his Yards per Attempt would be higher as well.

He may not have the TD#s Brady had in 07, but he came close this year, without starting his last game, or having as many attempts, although his TD per Attempt % was right there with Brady.

And it's extremely convenient to leave out the fact that the 2 highest scoring offenses of all time had one thing in common. Randy Moss.....

I think now, and moving forward Rodgers is the new QB standard. I like Brady, and he's the 2nd best QB in the league, but as of right now Rodgers is #1. He's not twice the player Brady is, but he's better and will continue to get better.

All this without gettin into Rodgers and his 1100rushing yards and 16rushing Tds. Which is astounding.

These lists are pointless and just a lame, unimaginative way for NFL Network to fill up air time. Do you judge a player based on his career or just his last season? Peyton Manning made it based on career accomplishments since he didn't do anything last year; DeSean Jackson made it based on....nothing; many players make it based on last year's accomplishments. Players are judged on different criteria and the list has 0 credibility/meaning to me.

Are you kidding me?

How so?

The Patriots won 11 games without Brady. He has a great supporting cast. Brady has been in the league much longer, the yards and TDs argument is null. Rodgers makes his WRs great (like Peyton) and Brady doesn't.

You mean you think Brady should be #1? Rodgers is twice the player Tom is.

writing "i hate the patriots" would have been more honest. i dislike the patriots too, but there has never been a player in nfl history that is 2x better than tom brady.

The Patriots won 11 games without Brady. He has a great supporting cast. Brady has been in the league much longer, the yards and TDs argument is null. Rodgers makes his WRs great (like Peyton) and Brady doesn't.

Brady also makes his receivers great. Branch was nothing in Seattle but won a Super Bowl MVP in New England. Guys like Stallworth, Caldwell, etc. didn't do much when they left the Pats. Welker didn't do too much in Miami or San Diego, but has become elite in New England.

These lists are pointless and just a lame, unimaginative way for NFL Network to fill up air time. Do you judge a player based on his career or just his last season? Peyton Manning made it based on career accomplishments since he didn't do anything last year; DeSean Jackson made it based on....nothing; many players make it based on last year's accomplishments. Players are judged on different criteria and the list has 0 credibility/meaning to me.

haha i just cant wait for Andrew Luck to be #1 on that list! :)

LOL at Roethlisberger being 20 spots ahead of Peyton.

Peyton was #8 on the All Time Greatest list two years ago so dropping to #50 without taking a single snap isn't a big deal. Ben Roethlisberger couldn't carry Peyton Mannings jockstrap without help.

writing "i hate the patriots" would have been more honest. i dislike the patriots too, but there has never been a player in nfl history that is 2x better than tom brady.

I don't know about that, I'm thinking it's more of Belichick picking a great team. After all the Pats did just fine without Tom a few years back so put him on pretty much any other team he wouldn't have done nearly as well.

I don't know about that, I'm thinking it's more of Belichick picking a great team. After all the Pats did just fine without Tom a few years back so put him on pretty much any other team he wouldn't have done nearly as well.

Injured Brady - The Patriots lost seven more games than the previous season and missed the playoffs instead of going to a SB.

Injured Manning - The Colts lost eight more games than the previous season and missed the playoffs instead of another one and done.

Hate on the Patriots and Brady but they are a better organization top to bottom.

Injured Brady - The Patriots lost seven more games than the previous season and missed the playoffs instead of going to a SB.

The Patriots finished 11-5 so they lost 5 more games than the previous season and were the first team in playoff history to miss the playoffs with that record. No hate, Tom Brady is replaceable and the wins keep coming, not so with Peyton Manning.

The Patriots finished 11-5 so they lost 5 more games than the previous season and were the first team in playoff history to miss the playoffs with that record. No hate, Tom Brady is replaceable and the wins keep coming, not so with Peyton Manning.

18 - 11 = 7

10 - 2 = 8

7 and 8 are pretty close. Point being the Patriots were a better team than the Colts but suffered an almost identical drop off without their star QB. Don't kid yourself. 30 teams would jump at the chance to get Brady maybe a few less because of age. This is what embarrasses me about some of my fellow Colts fans. Brady is one of the greatest players in history but some of us can't get by the Patriot hate to appreciate it.

I don't know what years you are referring to but in 2008 when Tom Brady hurt his knee they went 11-5, the previous year they were 16-0.

You are right that the Patriots were a better team but Brady getting hurt proves he wasn't indispensable to the Patriots and was easily replaced, I admit most teams would love to have him but hate isn't it when the record shows he wasn't missed much. The Colts found out how much better Manning was when the team couldn't manage wins without him and lost 13 which is nowhere close to the 5 game drop off the Patriots had.

Are you kidding me?

How so?

Lighten up Francis...

This doesn't need to be a Peyton/Eli/Aaron or any other qb > Tom thread. But I will give you credit for never passing up the chance to get one going.

This list, to my understanding, is a "here-and-now" type list and is not a ranking of career accomplishments.

With that in mind, Rodgers clearly should be #1 heading into the 2012 season. Brees and Brady both had MVP-caliber seasons but Rodgers was clearly the best QB in the game last year.

And not to sound all uppity, but the "Brady is half the player Rodgers is" argument is so incredibly silly I'm not even going to touch that. If that's really and truly how someone feels, then their opinion is based on emotion and not reason, and nothing can be said to change it. The rest of the world knows it's a ridiculous statement, so leave it at that...

Along with the picture perfect Father's day.

eliandava.jpg

bat.jpg628x471.jpg

Throwing out the first pitch at the Mets game on Father's day.

I always like seeing athletes with their kids. Makes them much more human somehow... like, "Wow, so Eli changes poopy diapers too. Cool."

To be fair Brady didn't start putting up his stellar #s until his 5th yr starting. This will be Rodgers 5th year starting.

Rodgers has a better comp % than Brady, And without looking I'm willing to assume his Yards per Attempt would be higher as well.

He may not have the TD#s Brady had in 07, but he came close this year, without starting his last game, or having as many attempts, although his TD per Attempt % was right there with Brady.

And it's extremely convenient to leave out the fact that the 2 highest scoring offenses of all time had one thing in common. Randy Moss.....

I think now, and moving forward Rodgers is the new QB standard. I like Brady, and he's the 2nd best QB in the league, but as of right now Rodgers is #1. He's not twice the player Brady is, but he's better and will continue to get better.

All this without gettin into Rodgers and his 1100rushing yards and 16rushing Tds. Which is astounding.

You know what I actually sort of agree with you... I've always said that the evolution of the quarterback position was going to be athletic players that can also throw as well as Manning and Brady. Manning/Brady can't run for beans, they are so slow and cannot really buy themselves extra time or make big plays with their feet. Obviously the QB position requires them to be excellent pocket passers, but having the athletic ability (like Rodgers does) to scramble out and actually be dangerous with your legs to pickup first downs is the future of the QB position. I remember 2008 with Matt Cassel, and although their schedule was super easy, there were a bunch of games where a play would totally break down and he would run for his life and get like a 15 yard run for a first down. Those are big plays that can change games...

Andrew Luck is actually built in that mold, granted hes not as athletic as like Cam Newton or Robert Griffin, but hes pretty darn athletic and fast. If he gets a wide open lane, he can get some serious yards with his legs if he wants to. Rodgers is a great pocket passer who also possesses the ability to make plays with his legs, so I would agree he is starting to surpass Brady and Manning on the list of the best in the league.

I just hope the Patriots next QB is in that mold, I think it would be exciting to watch and seems to be part of the evolution of the game

I don't know what years you are referring to but in 2008 when Tom Brady hurt his knee they went 11-5, the previous year they were 16-0.

You are right that the Patriots were a better team but Brady getting hurt proves he wasn't indispensable to the Patriots and was easily replaced, I admit most teams would love to have him but hate isn't it when the record shows he wasn't missed much. The Colts found out how much better Manning was when the team couldn't manage wins without him and lost 13 which is nowhere close to the 5 game drop off the Patriots had.

The Patriots had one of the easiest schedules ever that year, they lost every game they played against a team with a .500 or better record, all their wins were against really weak teams that year. Its just a credit to the strength of the team, but Cassel took an 18-1 Super Bowl team to 11-5 against a ridiculously easy schedule. That just shows the difference in talent level of the 2, and that continues to show because Brady continues to put up crazy numbers every year and Cassel is mediocre in Kansas City.

Every likes to point to the 2008 season as some evidence that Brady isn't that good, I never understood that argument.. You still need a team to win games, regardless of the QB... Cassel was clearly not as good as Brady was that year and it showed in their record and in missing the playoffs because they didnt beat any team with a winning record, so they lost all of the tie breakers.

The Patriots had one of the easiest schedules ever that year, they lost every game they played against a team with a .500 or better record, all their wins were against really weak teams that year. Its just a credit to the strength of the team, but Cassel took an 18-1 Super Bowl team to 11-5 against a ridiculously easy schedule. That just shows the difference in talent level of the 2, and that continues to show because Brady continues to put up crazy numbers every year and Cassel is mediocre in Kansas City.

Every likes to point to the 2008 season as some evidence that Brady isn't that good, I never understood that argument.. You still need a team to win games, regardless of the QB... Cassel was clearly not as good as Brady was that year and it showed in their record and in missing the playoffs because they didnt beat any team with a winning record, so they lost all of the tie breakers.

I don't agree about the schedule. The 2007 Patriots had a very easy schedule that year. The division got much better in 2008 (Dolphins won ten more games, the Jets won five more games, the Bills stayed the same; that's 15 games better, not including the Pats). In 2007, you played a lost Eagles team without Donovan McNabb, the Ravens were bad, with Kyle Boller as the quarterback (and you barely won both of those), etc. I know SoS doesn't agree with me, but I don't agree with the way SoS is determined. In 2008, all but one of your losses came against playoff teams, and that was a divisional game.

The reason Matt Cassel was able to have a good year is because that team was really good, and the coaching was really good. It doesn't mean anything about Tom Brady or his ability, but that's kind of what the point was. The Patriots had a really good foundation upon which they could be successful with a quarterback who hadn't started a game in five years. I don't think the Pats were going to win 16 games again in 2008, although they were good enough with Brady. But the dropoff from one quarterback to the next didn't reverberate throughout the team like you would expect it to. They were good enough to make the playoffs. The reason they didn't is because the division winners get automatic bigs, but the 11-5 Pats should have been in rather than the 8-8 Chargers.

so is Matthew Stafford -_-

I would have atleast put him in the Top 10 regardless of missing the season. Well technically he shouldnt have been on the list because it was players that participated in 2011

It's a list to guess how they will match up for next year, I'm almost sure of that.

I don't agree about the schedule. The 2007 Patriots had a very easy schedule that year.

I'll give you the AFC East not being very strong in 2007 but the 2007 Pats beat 6 playoff teams. They finished the year with the #1 overall offense and the #4 overall defense. That was a REALLY good team......sure we know what happened in the SB. That is why I love the NFL though (outside the NBA for example) you have upsets and Cinderella teams win it all or win big games and have a legit shot.

The Pats did struggle in 2007 with a few teams like Baltimore and Philly who many thought they would cream. I still think they should have lost to the Ravens, would have been good for them. Taken the hype off.

Last years Packers were sometimes compared to the 2007 Pats with their win streak but they were not nearly as good. On offense you could compare them but there is no comparison when the 2011 Pack had the worst defense in the NFC. I got delusional last year at times with GB based on the win streak myself and overlooked some weaknesses.

I'll give you the AFC East not being very strong in 2007 but the 2007 Pats beat 6 playoff teams. They finished the year with the #1 overall offense and the #4 overall defense. That was a REALLY good team......sure we know what happened in the SB. That is why I love the NFL though (outside the NBA for example) you have upsets and Cinderella teams win it all or win big games and have a legit shot.

It was absolutely a really good team. But they didn't have this great difficult schedule. Their division was a cupcake, and in 2008, it was significantly better. That's almost half their schedule. And while the 2008 team only beat one playoff team, almost every game they lost was against a playoff team.

It was absolutely a really good team. But they didn't have this great difficult schedule. Their division was a cupcake, and in 2008, it was significantly better. That's almost half their schedule. And while the 2008 team only beat one playoff team, almost every game they lost was against a playoff team.

The following year Brady brought them to 10 wins against a good schedule and let’s not forget they completely disbanded a really good veteran defense. I'm embarrassed when my fellow Colts fans say that Brady isn't a great QB. We look like dummies.