Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024: Game #8, Colts @ Texans, October 27, 2024, 1 PM ET

NFLfan

Colts @Texans  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the Colts have an over-500 record (4-3), are you playing to win or to develop players?

• You play to win the game!
    • Play the young guys to develop them, even if that results in not making the playoffs.
    • Why not both? (Play young guys and play to win.)
  2. 2. JT is expected back today after being out with injury. Will he break 100 yards rushing?

3. 3. Who wins?

4. 4. Bonus Question: Would you like the Colts to be buyers or sellers before the trade deadline?

• Buyers -- we need to upgrade this team to make a playoff run
    • Sellers -- we need draft capital to continue to build this team
    • Neither -- I like this team as currently constituted.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2024 at 06:14 PM

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

But he is not fully to blame for the 13% throwing percentage. I know folks want to find stats to confirm their narrative. If the receivers had caught the passes, would you have posted his throwing percentage? I saw Curtis Painter. There is no way that AR is worse.

the problem is richardson is throwing to guys who are fully covered or double covered all game . yes his passes are hitting guys in the hands today but there is a reason for  all the incompletions .  he is locking onto his first read and just throwing it

• Like 1

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

I never once defended his play. The pass was bad. And it should have never happened… this game should be 10-10 with adjustments made at half to take the lead here coming out. Shane’s been horrible with game and clock management  this season. That has nothing to do with AR’s play. 

It’s everything. Say what you want that’s a high % completion that he absolutely botched. You cannot throw out plays just because your QB isn’t capable of doing it at least at a somewhat decent rate.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

But he is not fully to blame for the 13% throwing percentage. I know folks want to find stats to confirm their narrative. If the receivers had caught the passes, would you have posted his throwing percentage? I saw Curtis Painter. There is no way that AR is worse.

He is Painter. The ball gets there late and is poorly placed. When it isn't a what the heck are you doing.

Just now, compuls1v3 said:

As much as it pains me to watch this, AR needs the reps. 

He does but he also has to show he belongs on the field.  Don’t get me wrong I am NOT on the play Flacco bandwagon but AR can not go 2/15 in a half every week.  Like I said Shane is to blame for this too.  He keeps trying to make AR something he isn’t.  He needs to understand what he has.  I will say the first two plays of the second half were what the Colts should have had as a game plan coming into the game which is on Shane.

• Thanks 1

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

It’s everything. Say what you want that’s a high % completion that he absolutely botched. You cannot throw out plays just because your QB isn’t capable of doing it at least at a somewhat decent rate.

man- it’s almost like running the ball and getting AR into space is effective. would you just look at that… 

man- it’s almost like running the ball and getting AR into space is effective. would you just look at that… 

Yea don’t let your franchise QB throw the ball. Have the multiple injured QB run it. Sure that won’t be a liability.

5 minutes ago, Dark_Indy said:

I'm so sick of the "he's just a rookie" argument. 

Dude has had opportunity after opportunity to show that he has made any sort of development. Nothing. He has zero football IQ, and no physical durability. 

This dude has a 13% completion percentage in the first half. 13%. He also has the lowest completion percentage in the league. Absolute disaster of a quarterback. 

You can't even say Steichen is the problem. Flacco has been fine in Steichen's system. Minshew did fine in Steichen's system. Richardson is the anomaly here. Absolute disaster. 

Yeah, at the end of the day, you can’t start a QB (especially when there is a more effective option available) if the play calling has be so neutered to limit the offense.  

If he is that raw, then sit him and let him develop until a semi-complete offense can be run

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

the problem is richardson is throwing to guys who are fully covered or double covered all game . yes his passes are hitting guys in the hands today but there is a reason for  all the incompletions .  he is locking onto his first read and just throwing it

I never understood the pick at all.  AR seems like a nice guy but he's not very intelligent and can't hit the side of a barn.  All bad characteristics for a QB.

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

Yea don’t let your franchise QB throw the ball. Have the multiple injured QB run it. Sure that won’t be a liability.

You are king at putting the words you want someone to be saying into their mouths. I never said have your qb run it… I said get him into space. 

lol, you are something. Idk what it is, but it’s something 

You are king at putting the words you want someone to be saying into their mouths. I never said have your qb run it… I said get him into space. 

lol, you are something. Idk what it is, but it’s something 

How does he get into space? Teleport?

On every play Steichen calls there is a short route, an intermediate route and a deep route - Pierce.

It is AR that chooses to throw to the deep route every time.

Do you all think Steichen says "OK AR just throw it to the deep route this time !"

It doesn't work that way.

There are multiple options on every pass play

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

He’s on the roster right now. Way to deflect

14 minutes ago, #12. said:

That was one of the dumbest decisions I've ever seen from a head coach/play caller. 

Richardson should have been a 4th rounder and sat for 2-3 years.

Look at the original question.  It's not a deflection.