Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Dolphins post game thread

GoColts8818

4 minutes ago, BCMak24 said:

Can't keep struggling against weak teams

Any game on any week versus any opponent in the NFL can, and usually is, close. The difference between the perennial contenders and everyone else is that they always find a way to  to not fall under the pressure and seal the deal. The Colts have plenty of negatives today, but they closed it out when it mattered after an abysmal first half.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

He hasn’t really developed much thus far this year. Honestly he looked better when he played last year. 

I disagree. I think he looks much better at times.  Yes he still has his ups and downs but I see a progression. I think the game will slow down for him by end of the season IF HE stays healthy. Which to me is the biggest concern 

• Like 2

We came through in the end. Definitely wasn’t pretty. Lots of concerns, but it’s much better to at least win while playing rough compared to losing. 

AR was not good. Made it through the game at least. 

Let’s hope we have a better script for next weekend for the first half. 

• Like 3

That coaching move from Steichen to get Miami to burn the timeout was BRILLIANT.  That's the kind of stuff we were missing from last year.  Matt Gay was money today.  AR looked bad the first half, except the drive to get us on the board with the first FG.  He looked better the second half.  He's still a work in progress though.  Two fumble  recoveries by defense was excellent.  D played pretty good.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I don’t think some people realize that they’re putting themselves right back in mediocre land where the draft picks won’t be great. 

I think most on the board realize that the draft order is determined by the team's record.

It's a win! One of the ugliest wins in recent memory, but it's a win!

The Good

• AR's play got a lot better in the 2nd half. The Colts need to run him more. It's what the opponents fear most from him and it'll open up the passing game for him.
  • Steichen's play got better in the 2nd half, but we REALLY need to implement more outside the tackles and outside zone runs AND STEICHEN NEEDS TO KEEP RUNNING AR.

The Bad

• AR's play in the 1st half was stinky poop!
  • Steichen's playcalling in the 1st half was pretty terrible in my opinion.
  • Bradley's scheme is *. I feel the players outplay his scheme. Tackling is TERRIBLE though.
  • Like 7

24 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I’m over this team, this QB, this DC, and now this HC. Such lackluster performances against crap teams. Means you’re a crap team yourself. This team would benefit from cleaning house and finding a young pro ready QB. 

Take a breath.  You’ll be back next week.  

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Today letting them have some rush yards to make sure those speedy WR didn’t get room was the right move. The game plan on defense worked.

Exactly.   The offense didn’t do their job in the first half, as far as ToP.  But you have to give Gus some credit.  

Now if we can only play 2nd and 3rd team QBs the rest of the season…

• Like 3

Are we still cutting Gay?🙄. Hopefully something to build on.  While the first half was especially ugly I didn’t think he forced the ball.  He actually threw the ball away quite a few times.  He definitely missed a couple throws. He had one dropped and had a long completion to Pierce called back on an illegal formation. One thing he needs to improve on is he was a little late on a couple of throws.  AR didn’t let the first half or lame boo’s from the home crowd bother him. 

Steichen seemed to coach the game similar to the Carolina game last year. 

Just enough plays from the defenders. Nice strips by Franklin and Olubi. Good to see Latu get home for a sack. The tackling is still pretty bad, but good to see Stuard giving it his all. 

Look forward to Buckner and Taylor returning.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, colts89 said:

Any game on any week versus any opponent in the NFL can, and usually is, close. The difference between the perennial contenders and everyone else is that they always find a way to  to not fall under the pressure and seal the deal. The Colts have plenty of negatives today, but they closed it out when it mattered after an abysmal first half.

Good take - at the end of the day, as frustrating as it is to see the same things every week, this is what matters. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Trace Pyott said:

To me the game  ball goes to the long haired caveman stuard. He was flying around the field making tons of tackles and plays. I will be interested to see his pff score after this week. 

Yeah, it was good to see a LB shed blocks. I would have liked to see Carlies play an entire game, but the new Geico Caveman did an admirable job today.

28 minutes ago, krunk said:

I thought AR moved the ball better in the 2nd half. Most throws were accurate, but I'm still not entirely sure if we have a QB.

Yah, AR needs to be better. If he doesn't get better we don't have our franchise QB... But I'm good with letting it play out and seeing if he's going to sink or swim at the end.

• Like 2