Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Titans postgame reaction

GoColts8818

Just now, jbaron04 said:

We are a bad team who ran into a worst team and lucky titans commit so many penalties. Now I’ll take an ugly lost over pretty win any day. But let’s be honest a guy off the street is looking like our best corner lol Ballard Ballard Ballard smh. 

I think you got that backwards 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

It does, but my point is the situation for Flacco in Indy isn't the same as it was for Flacco in Cleveland.

Flacco has been devalued for what reasons? All he does is win ball games.  He is a super bowl MVP and comeback player of the year. 

Just keep overlooking him. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Our offense at full strength with Flacco and Taylor is good enough to win and  maybe get to the Super Bowl. It’s our defense that’s holding us back.

Bro are you serious?

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I think you got that backwards 

lol yea i do have it backwards lol 

• Like 3

Lucky to get away with that W. Goodson, Pittman and Downs played well. 

What stuck out to me on D was how bad Kenny Moore played today. Completely blown assignment on the first TD and wasn’t even close on Boyd on the key 3rd down. Let’s put it down to coming back from injury. 

Womack again, coming up big on the D. 

- Overall, Flacco played well and made enough plays to put us in a position to win just as he did last week against Jax and the week prior against Pittsburgh.

- If we are being honest, playing Flacco gives us the best chance to win in the short term just as Minshew did last year.  However, that doesn’t necessarily mean that’s what’s best for the franchise.  Bottom line best scenario/ceiling for a Flacco led team is the 2020 season with Rivers: a fringe playoff team that probably gets bounced in the Wild card round.  If the brain trust (Steichen, offensive coaching staff, Ballard, etc) in the franchise determined that AR development is best served by playing and playing through mistakes then it’s probably prudent to remain committed to that plan.

- With the above in mind, there has to be some questions in the building beginning to form regarding AR’s durability and how to go forward with it.  If the QB you drafted because he had traits that made him a unicorn dual threat, except now you can’t use one of those skill sets (using him as running threat) because it has led to a clear pattern causing injuries, it does lead to questions as to what to do offensively with him that maximizes his abilities but doesn’t increase his risk for injury and missing more time.

- A win is a win, but at the end of the day, the Titans look like a team that is headed for a top 5 pick withk in the 2025 draft so I’m not going to get overly excited about beating them.  Next week should similarly afford an opportunity to beat up on a bad team.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

We are a bad team who ran into a worst team and lucky titans commit so many penalties. Now I’ll take an ugly lost over pretty win any day. But let’s be honest a guy off the street is looking like our best corner lol Ballard Ballard Ballard smh. 

Hate to rain on your parade but ....Titans D is one of the best in the league and they had 2 weeks to prepare.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Flacco has been devalued for what reasons? All he does is win ball games.  He is a super bowl MVP and comeback player of the year. 

Just keep overlooking him. 

Are we a Super Bowl contender at any point with Flacco? I don't get this advocating for meaningless wins when what really matters is only won with a franchise QB. We don't get any closer to that with Flacco, we do that by developing our young QB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I am confident in the Colts organization becoming tired of Zaire’s talk soon enough… it’s exhausting. 

You are correct! He also sits back on that podcast and talks like he's the 2nd coming of Ray Lewis. I say again he and Speed are marginal at best nothing special. Neither are game changers and BOTH can be upgraded.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

And last week was a loss. We're mediocre at best with Flacco, it is what it is. People wanting to play Flacco are just trolling at this point. Just play AR and let him get the reps.

Colts are just plain mediocre. With either  Flacco or with AR. You can give him snaps for sure. Of course first time he is hit he will be out again another 3 weeks. He can’t hold up for the physicality of the sport.

not at Eastside, Florida, and now NFL. 

27 minutes ago, AustralianColt said:

If you’re referring to Womack. That’s a Ballard pick up. Jaylon Jones played well again. Blackmon with an INT and Cross another solid game. 

Titans have a ton of WR weapons. 

And they also have one of the worst qbs in the league. They literally keep handcuffs on the "big armed" Levis for fear of him turning the ball over. That's why you see a bunch of screen passes from the Titans. The dude is awful so it doesn't matter how many receivers they have because all of them will have career lows paired with Levis.

1 hour ago, Patrick Miller said:

I’m not trolling. Flacco makes the easy completions AR doesn’t. I’m not sure we win this game if AR had played.

And he overshot Pierce and Dulin for TD’s.  You could argue Dulin should have caught it.  The int brought the Titans right back into the game. There’s zero respect for the run game when Flacco is in there. Flacco was okay today.  He looked like what he is. A backup.  He’s done what he’s paid to do. Give them a chance if AR isnt in there.  Why he refuses to look  to Pierce the first 3 Quarters is questionable.  

With this defense and Gus running it the Colts aren’t going anywhere meaningful this year.  Get AR his reps. 

3 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

And he overshot Pierce and Dulin for TD’s.  You could argue Dulin should have caught it.  The int brought the Titans right back into the game. There’s zero respect for the run game when Flacco is in there. Flacco was okay today.  He looked like what he is. A backup.  He’s done what he’s paid to do. Give them a chance if AR isnt in there.  Why he refuses to look  to Pierce the first 3 Quarters is questionable.  

With this defense and Gus running it the Colts aren’t going anywhere meaningful this year.  Get AR his reps. 

There was zero respect for the run game because our all pro RB wasn’t in there and Sermon was awful.

and he barely overthrew Pierce on a long bomb, not the same as AR overthrowing a 5 yarder by a huge margin.

Let AR sit and learn.

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

There was zero respect for the run game because our all pro RB wasn’t in there and Sermon was awful.

and he barely overthrew Pierce on a long bomb, not the same as AR overthrowing a 5 yarder by a huge margin.

Let AR sit and learn.

This offense is not good with Flacco. The offense is stagnant 

43 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Yea. We have a great offensive line, pretty good wide receivers, and a pro bowl running back. Flacco can make all the throws. You don’t agree?

I think offensively we could be something but kicking game is shaky and defense is * Super Bowl naw 

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Who would you rather prepare for if your a defense? You would rather have the one trick pony.

So you can’t. Got it.

id rather play the QB who can’t hit open receivers 10 yards away and has thrown for twice as many picks as TDs this year (hint, that’s AR)

I’m guessing Steichen told Bradley to blitz because it looked like we brought pressure a lot more. After during Steichens interview last week he mentioned rushing the passer with 4 to 6 players multiple times.