Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Jags post game

GoColts8818

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am not even saying I wouldn’t like a new DC. I would. But today is not a good example to call for one.

37 points? Do you really think Gus is going to turn this around? He’s never had a defense ranked better than inside the 20 in his time here.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The defensive talent wasn’t there today. They are all hurt.

They were there when we had almost 500 yards ran on us in the first two games!

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am tired of it too and I was a fan when we moved here so I have seen the real bad with Pagel and Kush, Dowhower, and George, etc.. I never would have ever thought we could lose 10 straight games at Jacks of all places. 

We share in the pain that was the Colts post Bert Jones to Manning.  I am beginning to think we’re in that same sort of multi decade void space, now. :(

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain_Colts1317 said:

Alright after taking some time to digest. I really think this was a lose from the start, and that’s how they treated it. Get everyone healthy and reset for the remainder of the season. 

Flacco was good but he absolutely can not start over a healthy Richardson. This team IS NOT winning the Super Bowl with Flacco. This season is about Richardson development and seeing if he can lead us to the playoffs. So please try to look at it rationally because Flacco starting does absolutely nothing for this team moving forward. 

Without Taylor we have no run game. End of that. 

offensive line played good enough with the Jags knowing we were going to throw every down. 

defense…dumpster fire. The talent is there but there is nobody to develop it or scheme is properly. Gus has to go at some point. Also Chloe don’t use injuries as an excuse this defense was trash when fully healthy. 

at the end of the day, we aren’t catching the Texans. We are 2-3 with a decent shot of fighting for a playoff spot. Let’s see where this goes. 

If our defense was halfway decent, we would definitely be in the running For the playoffs and beyond with Flacco, Taylor and company on offense. If we go with Richardson the rest of the way…which I’m guessing we probably will……. We will be looking at a top five pick next year. And still looking for our Franchise qb. Honestly, I think Irsay needs to clean house starting from the GM down. Does anyone else find it strange that we haven’t heard anything from Jim Irsay? Anyway, that’s my two cents.

There was a QB playing on a sprained ankle today. You seen rodgers get back out there and play. I hope that they had a good reason to sit AR. Although I don’t complain about Flacco but I thought the offense was limited at times in the 3rd quarter.

You literally complained all game

1 minute ago, rockywoj said:

We share in the pain that was the Colts post Bert Jones to Manning.  I am beginning to think we’re in that same sort of multi decade void space, now. :(

Luck retiring screwed us but that aside, Ballard hasn't been a great GM either. I don't think Ballard is bad, but he isn't great either. I think Bradley's scheme sucks. 

• Thanks 1

There was a QB playing on a sprained ankle today. You seen rodgers get back out there and play. I hope that they had a good reason to sit AR. Although I don’t complain about Flacco but I thought the offense was limited at times in the 3rd quarter.

Flacco

33/44 359 3tds

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But but but…our D was injured, but but but …enough!!!

That doesn’t explain such separation and missed communication for an easy 85 yard TD or a 62 yard pass with neither the safety nor the DB in the right position to let 3 defenders (2 starting safeties) let Kirk catch it. It doesn’t allow so many missed tackles. It just means that these LBs go from JAGs to journeymen like the Gilbert Gardner day’s without DL help. 

It’s on the depth of talent too. Pathetic, and a waste of a good offensive day thanks to our D.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I really think if this season falls apart, Ballard should be gone. Way too many years with no good result I like Steichen and I hope the new general manager is better at picking and assisting Shane with finding the best coordinators and we need to really got the scouting system of this team. Just not good and this season just looks like it’s gonna be another one of those were been used to.

GOOD

Joe Flacco:  heck of a game. Started off slow, but heated up in the second half.  That fumble was bad but his stat line is good enough to get him in the good category

Alec Pierce:  atp, he’s our WR1.  I would love to see what he can do with a more extensive route tree.  But hes cooking without it.

Josh Downs:  another good outing by him.  Probably top 3-5 slot WR in the league atp.

Rigo:  4 punts, avg of 52yds and 2 of them downed inside of the 20

MEH

Nick Cross:  he’ll go here for now because the defense allowed some big plays but he got an INT today

BAD

Shane Steichen:  what was that playcalling in the first half?  And the lopsided playcalling regarding the pass vs the run.  This has been common thing this season with AR and now Flacco so the issue has to be Shane.

Defense:  blown plays, missed assignments, bad tackling.  I know we’re hurting but man.  Seems to be a common thing even when healthy.

Gus Bradley:  how does he still have a job?  I’m convinced we beat the Steelers because we were up 17-0 and the run game was working.  Just wow.  When his defense works, it works, but atp it barely works and often times doesn’t.

MPJ:  he got a touchdown but 5 catches for 37 yards and 27 of those came off of one play, WR1?  I said it last year I was ok with the idea of Pitt walking but he shut me up later in the season, but he has to be the biggest disappointment on the offense so far this season.

TEs:  we had our usual 1-3 sightings again.  I had high hopes for this group but wow.  

Ballard:  If he wants to stick with defensive scheme then fine, but the “we like our guys” is getting old.  What happened to creating competition?  I’ve defended him, I’ve criticized him, but I’m in line for my ticket to board the “Fire Ballard” train.  I’m 70/30 on getting the ticket.  We’ll see how this season plays out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

This D and its construction is on Ballard. His coach, scheme, and talent. Anyone who says differently has not been following the Colts the last 8 years. Steichen is a keeper and will only get better as an HC. Fire Ballard and Gus. Let Steichen bring in his own GM and a new DC and scheme. Like right now!!!

I don’t think the new GM is something Steichen decides, at all. That would be solely up to Irsay and his consultants. Regardless, I’m leaning more towards “fire Ballard” than ever now, and that’s solely because he cannot put together a complete team. Even drafting AR, who could turn out to be a great pick, felt like something he was forced into because he simply didn’t have any other way to delay drafting a QB.

13 minutes ago, Captain_Colts1317 said:

Alright after taking some time to digest. I really think this was a lose from the start, and that’s how they treated it. Get everyone healthy and reset for the remainder of the season. 

Flacco was good but he absolutely can not start over a healthy Richardson. This team IS NOT winning the Super Bowl with Flacco. This season is about Richardson development and seeing if he can lead us to the playoffs. So please try to look at it rationally because Flacco starting does absolutely nothing for this team moving forward. 

Without Taylor we have no run game. End of that. 

offensive line played good enough with the Jags knowing we were going to throw every down. 

defense…dumpster fire. The talent is there but there is nobody to develop it or scheme is properly. Gus has to go at some point. Also Chloe don’t use injuries as an excuse this defense was trash when fully healthy. 

at the end of the day, we aren’t catching the Texans. We are 2-3 with a decent shot of fighting for a playoff spot. Let’s see where this goes. 

So we cannot win the superbowl with Flaccco? This team ain't winning the superbowl with Manning in his prime.

13 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Just have to work on their technique

They use to have tackling dummies to practice on.  I bet the players got rid of those.  After all they’re only for practice.  When you make an NFL team every one knows you don’t have to practice tackling.

10 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

CB, 56-63-1

And steadily adding to that loss total... Has it really been 8 yrs of this?!!!! Maybe one day we'll make it back to prime time games on a regular because I miss them but when you can't even beat bottom feeders on a regular it won't help your cause...

I said I can’t complain about Flacco. But maybe we wouldn’t have been down 14 points had we had a run game. AR would have helped open that up. We were stagnant until the fourth quarter.

Having a healthy Taylor would have helped.

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

So we cannot win the superbowl with Flaccco? This team ain't winning the superbowl with Manning in his prime.

This team isn’t going to even make the playoffs. Flacco was stellar today, but by the time this team is good again (if it ever is), Flacco will be retired, so it all just feels pointless. If AR is healthy, we need to play him or at the very least have him be heavily tutored by Flacco in and out of games so that if we ever are good again, maybe we’ll have a young QB to match the team. I feel bad for Flacco, we’re wasting some top QB performances from him on this joke of a roster

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

After the Lewis injury Gus said guys are going to have to play in places they are not used to because they are scraping the barrel.

I know we are banged up but that where depth should come through. You should never lose if your offense scores 34. I said to everyone in here the Ravens would win today because the Bengals D sucks.

I continue to laugh at anyone who thinks this defense is just a creation of Ballard and Bradley. Let me repeat myself, it is the  EXACT SAME DEFENSE WE HAVE WATCHED FOR OVER 50 YEARS. Bert Jones, Peyton Manning, and Andrew Luck had to OUTSCORE everyone. And in the mid nineties when we went 8-8, 9-7, and 9-7 with Harbaugh at qb we had a decent defense but COULDN'T SCORE POINTS. Do I know the answer, probably not, but I do know when something has gone on for over 50 years it isn't going to change anytime soon.

Just now, chickenMan said:

I don’t think the new GM is something Steichen decides, at all. That would be solely up to Irsay and his consultants. Regardless, I’m leaning more towards “fire Ballard” than ever now, and that’s solely because he cannot put together a complete team. Even drafting AR, who could turn out to be a great pick, felt like something he was forced into because he simply didn’t have any other way to delay drafting a QB.

I think Steichen will have hiw own guy. To me, he has proved he is the guy. Just needs to improve his coaching and he will. I believe he was all in on AR. It is not AR's lack of talent that is holding him back. He cannot stay healthy. To me, if he cannot finish out the season and misses many more games. It will become clear that they need to move on.

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

This team isn’t going to even make the playoffs. Flacco was stellar today, but by the time this team is good again (if it ever is), Flacco will be retired, so it all just feels pointless. If AR is healthy, we need to play him or at the least have him be heavily tutored by Flacco in and out of games.

I think that was the plan. The only problem is that Flacco cannot tutor a guy when he isn't playing. Flacco is taking all the snaps. Can't learn if you ain't playing.

1 minute ago, Two_pound said:

I continue to laugh at anyone who thinks this defense is just a creation of Ballard and Bradley. Let me repeat myself, it is the  EXACT SAME DEFENSE WE HAVE WATCHED FOR OVER 50 YEARS. Bert Jones, Peyton Manning, and Andrew Luck had to OUTSCORE everyone. And in the mid nineties when we went 8-8, 9-7, and 9-7 with Harbaugh at qb we had a decent defense but COULDN'T SCORE POINTS. Do I know the answer, probably not, but I do know when something has gone on for over 50 years it isn't going to change anytime soon.

You don’t have to have a lights-out defense to win it all. Look at the Chiefs the last few years, or the Bengals in 2021. They had good defenses, but not elite ones. For some reason, we can’t even manage to put together a serviceable defense here, despite trying for 40 years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Having a healthy Taylor would have helped.

It might of helped some. With how pierce looked the fourth quarter we might of opened the run game up earlier had we thrown down field to him.

Just now, chickenMan said:

You don’t have to have a lights-out defense to win it all. Look at the Chiefs the last few years, or the Bengals in 2021. They had good defenses, but not elite ones. For some reason, we can’t even manage to put together a serviceable defense here, despite trying for 40 years.

This defense is serviceable when healthy.

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

I think that was the plan. The only problem is that Flacco cannot tutor a guy when he isn't playing. Flacco is taking all the snaps. Can't learn if you ain't playing.

Yeah and that’s why I think if AR is healthy, he has to play. Flacco is probably the better QB right now, but by the time this team can actually support him in winning games, he’ll be retired. It sucks, feels like the year with Rivers at QB. Great QB performance, roster around the QB was too mediocre to support him.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know we are banged up but that where depth should come through. You should never lose if your offense scores 34. I said to everyone in here the Ravens would win today because the Bengalis D sucks.

Depth? Our depth  is injured too. We had a great dline ten guts deep. We have no depth left.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love Taylor but I am starting think he is soft. Today was a big game and he pulled a Faulk. Emmitt would have played and so would Walter. 

I don’t know how bad his injury is or is not, but I feel confident in saying that we win even with a banged-up JT today. Unless you count AR, there is not a single other player on this roster who is a threat in the run game.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, colts89 said:

What an absolute hater you are huh? A personal insult to a player that wasn't even part of any conversation and didn't even play. Some of y'all are incredibly cringy.

You are right! I'm not part of the woke generation. The word hater is a limp wristed description. I did not attack a player who did not play. I was heading off another poster who has a virtually  unlimited supply of excuses for the lack of performance of the Colts organization.