Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Packers post game thread

GoColts8818

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The hate on Gus here is flat out dumb.  The defense didn’t lose the game. The offense did.  Giving up 16 points should not cost you the game.  Teams make adjustments all the time at halftime and the Colts defense slammed the door shut in the second half.  Where was the offense?  Not to be seen.  Dropped balls and 4 interceptions.  That’s what caused the loss.  Not the defense.

2:1 time of possession…the defense sucked again.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Offense and defense were horrible. The defense got better in the second half and another miss field goal cost us a chance of an only needing a field goal at the end instead of having to get seven. The problem with BRADLEY is that if he gets fired anytime soon who could replace him that’s better. Everyone that could be a replacement is already coaching somewhere or in college in the middle of the season. A lot of this falls on Ballard. I know Richardson was the only choice we had there setting at number four. And I still don’t think that trading up would’ve been a good idea at this point. We needed to get a win to get back to 500 and even though this game was only a six point difference. It was a complete embarrassment in front of the entire country. 

Dude, the waterboy or the towelguy would be better than Bradley at this point.

I could support benching AR and starting Flacco.  AR is not ready.  It’s a win now league.  Richardson just is not ready to win.  He needs to develop.  Playing him could easily cost us the playoffs.  Flacco could get us in and maybe AR can work on his accuracy during practice and not lose us games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The hate on Gus here is flat out dumb.  The defense didn’t lose the game. The offense did.  Giving up 16 points should not cost you the game.  Teams make adjustments all the time at halftime and the Colts defense slammed the door shut in the second half.  Where was the offense?  Not to be seen.  Dropped balls and 4 interceptions.  That’s what caused the loss.  Not the defense.

They clamped down in the second half, but the offense (with a nearly rookie QB) needs the ball to get anything going. If all they get is 20 mins each game how can they establish a rhytm before AR has to start airing it down field to catch up?

• Like 1

First half run defense is some of the worst I've ever seen. Looked better in the second half when we knew they were going to run it nearly every play.

JT looked really good.

I'll wait to see the oline grades, but the oline looked solid to my eyes.

Other than a few amazing desperate scrambles, Anthony looked bad.

Alec continues to look good. A lot of improvement with his hands.

Pitt doesn't seem as aggressive so far. He's allowing weaker corners to control him.

AD showed some of those "takes plays off" concerns.

3 catches by TEs?! I forgot we had any. 

I don't even know what to think. When I think about the Colts right now, I feel nothing. We're too talented to look this bad.

GOOD

Alec Pierce:  He's starting become our WR1.  Not eye popping stats but on 7 targets, he caught it 5 times and avg'ed over 10yds per.  

OL:  Good run blocking, good pass blocking.  Not perfect, but can't complain.

MEH

JT:  Put up over 100yds, liked seeing him come out of backfield for passes, but the fumble man.  smh

Nick Cross:  led the team in tackles, was in on some plays, but we let GB get some big plays in there.  Not a bad game though.  

BAD

Gus Bradley:  How does he still have a job? 

Run Defense:  GB had 164 yds in the FIRST QUARTER and finished with 261!  We're going to set records with this run defense and not in a good way

Chris Ballard:  "We like our guys"....WELL WE DON'T.  Run defense horrible, corners getting beat in 1on1 situations, missed open field tackles, and the list goes on.  I wasn't on the CB hate train but I'm going to buy my ticket today.  I'm fine with him taking on a drafting/scouting role but he needs to get out of that GM seat.

AR:  3 ints (not counting that last one), horrible throws, fumbles.  He is indeed still a rookie.  

MPJ:  7 targets, 3 recs, 21yds.  that is NOT WR1 like.  He needs to get it together because having less than 100yds through 2 games and getting paid $23mill/yr is a quick way to become the forum's whipping boy.

Shane Steichen:  Very questionable playcalling today.  Team did not look prepared either.  

Pass Rush:  ZERO sacks.

Tight Ends:  Why are they even there?  Another position I was hoping the Colts spent money at.

There were so many coaching and personnel issues I don’t even know where to start. So I’ll list the one positive I’ve seen. 

Richardson has now played two straight full games, and that’s very big for his development. The most important thing the rest of the season should be getting Richardson reps, finishing games healthy, and seeing if he can start to put the full package together. 

games like today make or break young QBs. I really like the fact that he drove down at the end and got a TD after having a bad game. I think that shows he can be a winner. Only time will tell for sure with the rest. We were one timeout away from least making it interesting at the end because of Richardson home run threat. 

• Like 1

Defense wasnt great but we only gave up 16 and should be able to win the game. 

This is on the offense IMO. 

Why are you benching Johnathan Taylor in the 4th quarter? He was your only good player other than Alec, who has also been really good this year. 

This was the worst game Ive seen from Anthony and Shane both. 

Look I get the narrative that Taylor isnt the best in pass pro or catching the ball, but we cant forget that hes still our best offensive player and certainly a better option than Trey Sermon or Tyler Goodson. 

Also, Shane take that option play and burn it to the ground. 

This is a bad bad loss. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Solid84 said:

They clamped down in the second half, but the offense (with a nearly rookie QB) needs the ball to get anything going. If all they get is 20 mins each game how can they establish a rhytm before AR has to start airing it down field to catch up?

Well if you don’t go three and out multiple times you can hold on to the ball and get into rhythm.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dark_Indy said:

Richardson is horrible. Absolutely a bust of a draft pick. 

I’m not going there just yet.

for one, AR is a rookie. Period. There’s gonna be highs and lows. If by end of the season he’s not doing better, then yeah, I’d agree but we’re a long way away from being able to say that.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Why does Gus Bradley still have a job?  Shane was very questionable today as well, honestly anyone not named the oline, Lewis, Pierce, Dayo, Dulin, and Taylor was bad today in a nightmare outing for the Colts that could mean losing Buckner for the season.  You want to rip Ballard I am not going to argue with anyone but this was more about the coaches today IMO.  This team was not ready to play, had an awful game plan, and bad decisions being made by the coaches.

I know Richardson needs time and patience but man! It sure is hard to watch!

Just now, csmopar said:

for one, AR is a rookie. Period. There’s gonna be highs and lows. If by end of the season he’s not doing better, then yeah, I’d agree but we’re a long way away from being able to say that.

Benching AR this early wouldn't be wise agreed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, csmopar said:

Agreed. He's literally on start #6-7 (I don't remember right now) we have to cut him slack.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I could support benching AR and starting Flacco.  AR is not ready.  It’s a win now league.  Richardson just is not ready to win.  He needs to develop.  Playing him could easily cost us the playoffs.  Flacco could get us in and maybe AR can work on his accuracy during practice and not lose us games.

We're not winning anything with Flacco. At this point you're just taking reps from AR to get the 15th pick instead of the 10th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, IinD said:

It's weird because we've got pieces but literally no identity right now.

Actually no, it’s not weird. Looking back at Josh Allen and the Bills the first couple of years after drafting him, they looked similar. On paper and in what we are seeing on the field. We are a VERY young team from top to bottom. It’s gonna take some beatings like this but I still see potential here. Ask me again week 17 though

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Adam Sandler GIF by IFC

Well the colts aren't exactly living up to expectations are they? Play the kid until he has no confidents left or is beat up and leaves like Luck. Remember the first of the Carr brothers, they played him until he was emotionally and physically a wreck.

Is this what you want. 

Just now, Solid84 said:

We're not winning anything with Flacco. At this point you're just taking reps from AR to get the 15th pick instead of the 10th.

I disagree.  I think we could make the playoffs with Flacco.  I don’t care about draft picks.  I want to win. Richardson can learn the game watching him.  Just like Love watching Rodgers.

• Thanks 1

Bad loss…no way to sugar coat it.  We all knew what the Packers were going to do and they still did it. 

If we’re being honest, some of the expectations/predictions that were being thrown out there like winning the division, 10+ games were unrealistic. We are essentially starting what amounts to a rookie quarterback who is very raw and inexperienced. Keep in mind that even Peyton Manning, who was as pro ready as anybody coming out of college, threw 28 interceptions and went 3-13 as a rookie. 

If the first two games have shed light on anything, it’s that our defense is nowhere near good enough to carry a team into playoff contention.  After eight years, that’s completely on Chris Ballard. He has his guys in here and has doubled down on a lot of them with extensions, not making supplementary moves.

Best thing out of this year is watching Richardson’s development and seeing if he can be more consistent as a passer especially with mid-level throws because that’s ultimately what’s going to win in the NFL.

The shame of this is that we’re wasting some good years by Johnathan Taylor the last few seasons who I think is as good of Home run hitter/chunk play generator at RB as there is in the league.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Well if you don’t go three and out multiple times you can hold on to the ball and get into rhythm.

The Offense will have 3 and outs. A lot of them. That's what you get with an inexperienced QB. But they also need the ball to keep trying. The Defense has been pretty bad at getting the other team off the field.

13 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The defense was horrendous as well!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ImissPeyton18 said:

Well the colts aren't exactly living up to expectations are they? Play the kid until he has no confidents left or is beat up and leaves like Luck. Remember the first of the Carr brothers, they played him until he was emotionally and physically a wreck.

Is this what you want. 

It's been 2 games 

AR has been sacked 3x

He's not Luck

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1