Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024: Game #1, Texans @ Colts, September 8, 2024, 1 p.m. ET

NFLfan

Game 1 Texans @ Colts  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will score the first touchdown for the Colts?

• Anthony Richardson (running/receiving)
    • A running back
    • A wide receiver or tight end
    • A defensive player
    • Someone else
    • The Colts will not have a TD in this game.
  2. 2. Will the Colts break 150 yards rushing today? (all players, not only RBs)

3. 3. Will the Colts defense hold the Texans to under 250 yards passing?

4. 4. Who wins?

• Colts
    • Texans
    • Game will end in a tie.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/2024 at 05:15 PM

We had a chance here…just like our last Texans game it came down to 1 play we needed to make to have a chance…AR was pretty good though…I mean he had two 50+ yard TD passes…just stellar really. He will improve, the receivers will improve…it was a very good and productive game nonetheless 

• Like 1

Just now, HungarianColtsFan said:

JAGs lost too.

doesn't matter. Texans are the team to beat. 

Just now, SwedishColt said:

We now know how the texans felt when TY torched them year after year. Im afraid Collins will keep this up for a long time to come

with ballard choosing corners and playing soft zone sure. Nico really isn't that spectacular. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is too bad. Great game overall. That catch by Collins was lucky but that is football.

I respect you as a fan and your opinions, but gotta disagree on that being lucky.  It was an exceptional throw and catch by an elite thrower and good WR.

You know as well as anyone what that was like when we had Manning and co here.

• Like 1

Texans have the better QB.  They have the better blueprint.  Outside of the brain malfunction at the end of the 1st half, they called a smarter, controlled game. 

We're erratic as hell.

• Thanks 2

the last QB i've seen to do what Stroud did today was Luck. Flat out, 

They have a HOF quarterback, and we have a project at QB, and the lesser roster. 

We will likely be .500 again

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

From what I saw from the game, we have the talent on defense but I question the coaching of the defense. 

I have believed this since last season. I thought Gus might get fired no. The bye week last year, but here we are.

Just now, AKB said:

doesn't matter. Texans are the team to beat. 

I think Stroud's accuracy has definitely changed the division.  The Jags were playing above themselves for the last few years and was the NFL's sweetheart for a while.  That's different now.   The Texans drafting Stroud and then Anderson was a great move and they were very successful in FA in the offseason.   We don't ever really do much there.  

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Sometimes you just have to tip your cap and give respect for a great play by the opponent. I don't think Jones made a bad play. He even touched that ball... it was just great placement by Stroud and great play by Collins... 

yeah that was just superstars making a special play.

• Like 2

Utterly shocking, all the Debbie downer negativity.  Was an excellent game, but the run defence did suck, and that, that alone is why they lost.  A 2pt loss, which, btw, would’ve been a tie score had the SOUND 2 pt try have worked.

The team that most prognosticators have picked to win the division and be one of the best AFC teams this year squeaked out a victory.  I say, this is one of the most encouraging opening day losses of the past eleven years!

Colts WILL beat Green Bay next week,  Mark my words!  Go Colts!

• Like 6

Just now, #12. said:

Texans have the better QB.  They have the better blueprint.  Outside of the brain malfunction at the end of the 1st half, they called a smarter, controlled game. 

We're erratic as hell.

how do they have the better QB? AR threw for 212 on only 19 attempts and had a rushing TD.  stroud only 234 on 32 attempts with better receivers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKB said:

They have a HOF quarterback, and we have a project at QB, and the lesser roster. 

7-10 range was my prediction, let’s see if they can develop some consistency but when push comes to shove, the talent will not match up against the top AFC teams, IMO

Just now, rockywoj said:

I say, this is one of the most encouraging opening day losses of the past eleven years!

lol Colts fan copium. we are deep in aren't we. we've found ways to deal with it mentally. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I put 100 dollars on the Colts and took 2.5 points. I win happy homer simpson GIF

I will stick by earlier post, the catch was lucky. Our defender even had a finger on it. It is what it is, we only lost by 2 points and I thought AR played well enough for us to win. I am at a point where I can't stand Gus Bradley though.

1 minute ago, AKB said:

Others may disagree with this, but Stroud not being a Colt is 100% on Ballard who could have traded up for that no 1 pick but chose not to since he values draft picks so much. 

• Thanks 1

Its Great to see ARs explosive plays. If he can also learn to methodically move the ball down the field he will become elite. We need to remember that he is STILL the youngest QB in the NFL. 

He has all the tools but he needs a lot of sharpening which will happen when he gets more snaps (hopefully)

Just now, AKB said:

lol Colts fan copium. we are deep in aren't we. we've found ways to deal with it mentally. 

Name a more encouraging first game debut over the past eleven years?  This game showed a LOT of promise, sans the atrocious running LB defence.  I am NOT wearing rose coloured glasses.

I agree, wonder why the haters even bother.

3 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Utterly shocking, all the Debbie downer negativity.  Was an excellent game, but the run defence did suck, and that, that alone is why they lost.  A 2pt loss, which, btw, would’ve been a tie score had the SOUND 2 pt try have worked.

The team that most prognosticators have picked to win the division and be one of the best AFC teams this year squeaked out a victory.  I say, this is one of the most encouraging opening day losses of the past eleven years!

Colts WILL beat Green Bay next week,  Mark my words!  Go Colts!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will stick by earlier post, the catch was lucky. Our defender even had a finger on it. It is what it is, we only lost by 2 points and I thought AR played well enough for us to win. I am at a point where I can't stand Gus Bradley though.

Half a finger more and it would be hailed as a great defensive play and we might be celebrating a FG victory.  Truly a game of inches!

• Thanks 1

I’m anxious to see that Jones’s defensive rating is after this game! The Texicans were just picking on him all game and we did nothing to stop it! Bradley needs to go and then Ballard will have  no other scape goat! He should then be next! I’m sure he doesn’t care though, as he said…So be it!

5 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

how do they have the better QB? AR threw for 212 on only 19 attempts and had a rushing TD.  stroud only 234 on 32 attempts with better receivers.

Hey stats guy, how many TD and simple passes did AR miss? How many picks did Stroud throw? How many plays did Stroud extend and still throw a dart? 

Unless you’re talking blue colored glasses, Stroud is the better QB if you watched the game.

But, AR’s big plays were the reason we were in the game and our run D and bad secondary play was the reason we lost the game. We didn’t do enough to capitalize on their mistakes and made plenty on our end

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

40 minutes to 20 minutes TOP for the Texans…yet we scored 2 points less than the Texans…we just took a pounding on that run game by the Texans…had we stopped the run better we would have won this game 

That's because of 14 points on 2 big plays, plus another big play... 

You need to move chains well to compete with Elite teams consistently.

But, big plays and play designs are also important, so that's a positive. If and when AR gets better at moving the chains and having long drives consistently, having few big plays sprinkled, offense will hum very well.

I think that's an area AR will need to improve, and it will take time through this season if he's fast enough to learn. So, it's better to lower the expectations and see how AR progresses this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rockywoj said:

Half a finger more and it would be hailed as a great defensive play and we might be celebrating a FG victory.  Truly a game of inches!

We really have nothing to be ashamed of. I actually won my bet today as well. I had the Colts and 2.5 points. I won $100. We still give up way too many 3rd and longs. Gus is getting old. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IndyEV said:

I’m anxious to see that Jones’s defensive rating is after this game! The Texicans were just picking on him all game and we did nothing to stop it! Bradley needs to go and then Ballard will have to other scape goat! He should then be next! I’m sure he doesn’t care though, as he said…So be it!

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

5 minutes ago, SwedishColt said:

Its Great to see ARs explosive plays. If he can also learn to methodically move the ball down the field he will become elite. We need to remember that he is STILL the youngest QB in the NFL. 

He has all the tools but he needs a lot of sharpening which will happen when he gets more snaps (hopefully)

I think AR is going to be fine…as long as he remains healthy.

There is not a large sample size to base this on, but I don’t ever see him being accurate like Stroud, Burrow, Manning, Brady etc. He does have a unique ability to make up for that by making plays on downfield throws that others can’t. 

The real issue is going be whether the wear of hits like he took on QB runs on the last drive inside the 20 start to result in wear and eroding of his other skills over time