Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans Colts Week 1 Predictions

danlhart87

9 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

Colts win 17-14, there is a lot of bad blood surrounding this game. Speed and Zaire will go into this game with a chip on their shoulder and you can almost guarantee the rest of the defense will be playing for them as well. 

The over/under for points in 48.5…I would imagine we’re getting a shootout. 

I’m going 119 to 3 Colts.

latu gets 12 sacks including 3 fumbles returned for TDS 

Paye gets 4

Buckner gets 3. 
Baker Jr gets 2 pick 6s.

AR throws for 5 TDs and rushes for 3.

JT rushes for 4 TDs including two 85 yard runs. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Paye gets 4

Buckner gets 3. 
Baker Jr gets 2 pick 6s.

I could turn down the difficulty to rookie on Madden and accomplish this lol. haha 

• Like 1

This game will tell a lot about our secondary right away.

I'll be an optimist and say Colts-31 Texans-28, but I can also see it being lopsided victory for the Texans if our secondary is as bad as I think it is. Hope I'm wrong!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ProblChld32 said:

Quite possibly, but it could be a defensive game. 

You could be right. I seem to remember Week 1 last year being low-scoring across the league too, which seemed unusual for September games when the weather is nice everywhere.

But there has certainly been a recent downward trend in offense and upward trend in defense the past couple of years. In 2020, the average NFL team scored 396 pts in 16 games. In 2022 and 2023, they scored 370 pts in 17 games. That's a big difference. 

Still, Vegas tends to get it right far more often than not. A low-scoring game does favor the Colts because they can ball control with JT and AR.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Normally, I would chalk your prediction up to gloomy overreaction.  However, I'm with you.  So far, I don't get the positive vibe going into this game.  The CB's haven't shown that they can cover.  The defense still plays a timid soft zone whenever they get nervous.  AR hasn't yet shown that he can score the required amount of points to win in a shootout.  And JT didn't do anything more than "normal" during the preseason games.  We have to play not just a good game but a great game to beat these guys.  And I haven't seen anything that would make me believe we'll do that first thing out of the gate.

I'm expecting over 350 passing yards from Stroud.  And multiple touchdowns.

Texans 37

Colts 17

I hope I'm wrong.

Vegas see's it way differently than you do. Texans are 1.5-point favorite. 37-17 Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV- I hope you don't bet because I would take 20 points and the Colts and walk away a rich man.

This game can go either way, I will defer to Vegas and the fact we are at home and AR and Taylor are healthy, there is not a chance they blow us out. Whoever wins this game, will win by 7 or less. Texans are good but they are not on the level of the Chiefs or Ravens. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Vegas see's it way differently than you do. Texans are 1.5-point favorite. 37-17 Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV- I hope you don't bet because I would take 20 points and the Colts and walk away a rich man.

I don't bet.  But I do play Yahoo Pick 'Em!

Standard rule of thumb = If the teams are relatively equal, pick the home team and put very low confidence points on them.  Vegas usually gives the home team about a 2 point advantage.  And they're picking the road team with 1.5 points.  Looks like Vegas sees the teams as "not equal".  I'll stand by my score prediction.  And we'll see how it shakes out!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Hammonds said:

I don't bet.  But I do play Yahoo Pick 'Em!

Standard rule of thumb = If the teams are relatively equal, pick the home team and put very low confidence points on them.  Vegas usually gives the home team about a 2 point advantage.  And they're picking the road team with 1.5 points.  Looks like Vegas sees the teams as "not equal".  I'll stand by my score prediction.  And we'll see how it shakes out!

Vegas basically has the Texans favored by 3.5, I know how it works. The home team gets 2 points. 3.5 and 20 points isn't even close. By the way I am glad you don't bet lmao . The only way the Texans win by 20 is if we turn the ball over like crazy and Stroud plays a perfect game. I guess it could happen but highly doubtful. I can see people picking the Texans but by double digits is puzzling, JMO.

• Like 1

I'm surprised the Colts are getting such little respect from Vegas.

Home team normally gets -3.0 but vegas has Texans at -2.5.

So vegas is saying Texans win this game by 5.5 points

Strange 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ADnum1 said:

Strange 

Last I seen It was 1.5. Depending on the betting site, home team gets 2 or 3 points. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Paye gets 4

Buckner gets 3. 
Baker Jr gets 2 pick 6s.

The best part about this prediction is the math all adds up perfectly 

Calculate Episode 18 GIF by The Simpsons

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Paye gets 4

Buckner gets 3. 
Baker Jr gets 2 pick 6s.

Originally, I had 119 to 3 Texans win, since CJ Stroud is the next Peyton Manning but you changed my mind :thmup:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

It always surprises me how people take these predictions as indications of what people HOPE will happen. 

Prediction =/= hope. 

Well as you know, I have been great at picking over the last 3 years and last year. It has nothing to do with hope with me otherwise I would never win our weekly pick segment. It's about common sense and studying the teams, and football hunches. It always surprises me when some think we suck and pick us to lose by 20 or more with no merit behind it. The same posters do it over and over. But hey, everyone has opinions though, so I am not mad, I just think it's funny. Hell, we beat a healthy Ravens team last season with Minshew at QB and barley lost to the great Stroud at the end. I have to think, but did we even a lose a game by 20 or more last year, I don't think we did. If I recall, we had 1 game all year and that was at Atlanta where lost 29-10 but Pittman was out. Jacks beat us I think by 17 there, other than that we never lost big.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well as you know, I have been great at picking over the last 3 years and last year. It has nothing to do with hope with me otherwise I would never win our weekly pick segment. It's about common sense and studying the teams, and football hunches. It always surprises me when some think we suck and pick us to lose by 20 or more with no merit behind it. The same posters do it over and over. But hey, everyone has opinions though, so I am not mad, I just think it's funny. Hell, we beat a healthy Ravens team last season with Minshew at QB and barley lost to the great Stroud at the end. I have to think, but did we even a lose a game by 20 or more last year, I don't think we did. If I recall, we had 1 game all year and that was at Atlanta where lost 29-10 but Pittman was out. Jacks beat us I think by 17 there, other than that we never lost big.

There’s a big difference in predicting outcomes for “other” teams and doing the same for “your” team. IIRC you missed quite a bit on the Colts in the weekly pick ‘em threads. That’s doesn’t really fit with common sense. 

Some posters are just jaded at this point, but I bet if you ask them all would say they hope the Colts win the SB every year. Not the same as predicting though. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

There’s a big difference in predicting outcomes for “other” teams and doing the same for “your” team. IIRC you missed quite a bit on the Colts in the weekly pick ‘em threads. That’s doesn’t really fit with common sense. 

Some posters are just jaded at this point, but I bet if you ask them all would say they hope the Colts win the SB every year. Not the same as predicting though. 

I had the Colts going 8-8-1 last season from the beginning and missing the playoffs. I did pick against them when we played at Jacks and at Baltimore and oddly enough, we won at Baltimore lol. There were at least a couple other weeks I picked against Indy as well. So, I don't pick them to win every week. I do even remember saying that the Bengals game scared me, and we were due for a loss because we had just won 4 in a row. 

12 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I just think Stroud will tear apart our DB's I sure hope we do not see another 75 yard touchdown on the first play

Texans 28

Colts 17

Hopefully our secondary doesn't look like this after the game

French Toast Chef GIF by American Masters on PBS

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I had the Colts going 8-8-1 last season from the beginning and missing the playoffs. I did pick against them when we played at Jacks and at Baltimore and oddly enough, we won at Baltimore lol. There were at least a couple other weeks I picked against Indy as well. So, I don't pick them to win every week. I do even remember saying that the Bengals game scared me, and we were due for a loss because we had just won 4 in a row. 

I know you had them 8-8-1, but when you go look through the weekly pick ‘em threads from last season, you took the Colts to go 16-1 - only loss being the Ravens. Clearly you favor the Colts when it comes to individual games. 

Look, I’m not trying to “gotcha” here, just pointing out predictions =/= hope. 

I hope we win every game and take the Lombardi every year, but that doesn’t fit with what I see. 

Hey, divisional games are always tough and Houston is a good team.  But, I feel like the Texans are way over-hyped this year.  Like WAAAYYY over hyped.  I mean, the same team that nipped us in the final game added a Pass-rusher, lost a pass-rusher, and took a problem wr off the Bills’ hands, and now they’re some kind of overwhelming favorite?    I get it - Stroud could take the next step - but Houston has its holes and weaknesses like any other team.

• Like 1

Alright,

I believe this will be a high scoring game.

One high powered QB and one ready for A Big Comeback!

I predict this will be the most exciting game on day 1.

I believe all you great fans that attend the game will be louder than last season.:excited:

Colts Victory!

Score… both teams in the 30s

Mighty Blue

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Solid84 said:

I know you had them 8-8-1, but when you go look through the weekly pick ‘em threads from last season, you took the Colts to go 16-1 - only loss being the Ravens. Clearly you favor the Colts when it comes to individual games. 

Look, I’m not trying to “gotcha” here, just pointing out predictions =/= hope. 

I hope we win every game and take the Lombardi every year, but that doesn’t fit with what I see. 

You do bring up a good point, I think as the season went on though I felt like we could win most weeks so I just picked us.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2024 at 12:54 AM, Yoshinator said:

Texans 34

Colts 20

The Texans offense looks like a juggernaut right now on paper and I think Stroud shreds our secondary. We'll defend the run relatively well, but in the end, it won't matter too much. Richardson will pass and run for a TD each, but we'll probably be playing from behind early, and Taylor will be taken out of the game. I remember last year when we fell behind, Steichen would abandon the run, I believe he'll repeat that again here and Richardson will be forced to win the game by himself (which I don't think he can do).

Texans by two TDs in a rout.

colts fell behind to the Texans early last year and we most definitely didn’t abandon the run.  JT’s stat line in a game he got hurt was:

30 carries

188 yards

Just now, Nate! said:

colts fell behind to the Texans early last year and we most definitely didn’t abandon the run.  JT’s stat line in a game he got hurt was:

30 carries

188 yards

Not the Texans game specifically. I meant in other games we fell behind at the half. Bengals, Falcons, and Jaguars were 3 of those games.

"I hate the Colts with a passion." is what the Texans play-by-play radio broadcaster Mark Vandermeer said yesterday. I think most Texans fans agree with him largely because of the years the Texans were no-shows against the Colts. I think I will watch the game with the radio on just on here Mark.

Not worried at all really.  Shane has a lot of time to prepare for this game and our roster is extremely healthy.  I expect Downs to be a game day decision.  Regardless I see the Colts winning convincingly actually.  Our defense is going to surprise people.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2024 at 11:45 AM, ADnum1 said:

Strange 

Yeah apparently the Texans are unstoppable juggernauts with Stroud being the next Peyton Manning while the Colts are the cellar dwellers of the nfl. 

• Like 1