Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Select Tanor Bortolini C

Just now, twfish said:

Love this one. We need a center for the future, this guy is going to be it

Best way to protect a D is to run the ball. These last two picks are also in the even they don't resign Kelly and Smith. I think we're going to a little old school. We r going to maul teams, go play action, and air it out. I wanted some corners, but I think this team is going to pound teams. Love the approach.

• Like 3

Over 1900 college snaps. 9.77 RAS.. 

Bortolini grades out as a priority Day 3 prospect who could also field interest inside the top 100 as a versatile interior offensive lineman with schematic flexibility and impact starter upside.

Two things will stand out immediately as evaluators look at Bortolini’s profile: His hyper-elite athleticism and flexibility, and his in-built positional versatility. Bortolini’s size profile fits best at center, but he has experience across the front.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MikeCurtis said:

The Franchise Guy whom I am watching a bit today loves  the pick

Put some NFL muscle on him and train him and he should be our starting C in 1-2 years

Great Pick

He’s loving the entire draft thus far 

3 minutes ago, SwedishColt said:

Ballard wasnt kidding when he said that protecting AR is of utmost importance. 

That and stop calling designed run plays for him. That should help too

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

The Franchise Guy whom I am watching a bit today loves  the pick

Put some NFL muscle on him and train him and he should be our starting C in 1-2 years

Great Pick

I've been watching the Bootleg Football live feed on my phone with the draft on the TV. Love their draft content and their live draft stream feels like you're just hanging out with fellow draft fiends.

They love the pick.

Total Ballard pick. RAS monster:

Notice the shuttle and 3-cone! Insane numbers. Those are usually two of the tests that translate really well for Olinemen. 

Also... positionally versatile:

GIG70KWXQAE1a27?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I suggested we would go O-line with our first round pick, which wouldn't have been a bad idea. Now we've taken 2 really strong solid linemen, one of which could supplant Fries at right guard. Now we need to beef up the linebackers and db's. Go get 'em Ballard!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Best way to protect a D is to run the ball. These last two picks are also in the even they don't resign Kelly and Smith. I think we're going to a little old school. We r going to maul teams, go play action, and air it out. I wanted some corners, but I think this team is going to pound teams. Love the approach.

Steichans own words were throw to score but run to win. Absolutely going to play some smash mouth football with some passing finesse 

• Like 1

No idea who this guy is but I’m always a fan of OL. There aren’t enough OL starters for every team in the nfl and we may have 6-7 starters by mid season. 

Keys to winning in the NFL:

Protect your QB

Get to their QB

Take the ball away and give it back to your QB 

2 down and one to go!!  Loving this draft!!

• Like 2

Ballard said the Oline and WR class is where the depth is and he is drafting where the value is.  With Fries set to be a FA and Kelly getting older setting this team up for the future is a good thing. Didn’t make sense to go safety and CB here because draft just isn’t that deep here in the fourth.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

They aren’t going too, that’s what makes Richardson special.

If missing playing time is special, then I can do without it. :P

• Like 1

now that we got our trenches secured for the next couple years, I can see us grabbing a corner here soon

Just now, chad72 said:

Not as much on the DT side though.

i think adding Davis was a good step forward to solidifying DT

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cbear said:

I think this is the best shape this oline has been in a looonnggg time. Starters, depth, potential, versatility. I'd say that about the dline as well. 

Our trenches are stacked! We will be letting some decent players go when final cuts are said and done. It's a good thing tho.

• Like 2

In terms of wins and losses, and what this team really needs. This may be Ballard’s most impactful draft since he has been with the Colts  Ballard is doing very well here. You have to like the college production and experience behind some of these RAS scores. Three fifth rounders on deck.

• Like 3